Sign in to follow this  
Mario Pascucci

Help testing new software (LDD+BrickLink)

Hi.

I'm a quite "old" LEGO fan, working in IT. I use LEGO Digital Designer and I

developing a program that primarily checks if I can build a model designed with

LDD, against a catalog of bricks I own. Also, program can export bricks from

LDD projects to BrickLink Mass Upload XML file, allow to buy all bricks you need

from BrickLink.

Program is still in development, but is quite usable. I plan to add more features,

and program works in Windows and Linux.

I need help for testing it, by people that really use it.

The program is available as Open Source, free of charge, and doesn't need any

other software to work.

Program name is "BrickUtils" and you can get it on Sourceforge (I'm not allowed to post link, sorry...)

Mario Pascucci (from Italy)

Welcome to the Eurobricks forum.

Another interesting LEGO software from Italy, I see.

It seems aimed to check the chance to build something according to a parts database, that's a feature that many LDD users will surely appreciate.

As your software will grow, I think many feature could be similar to those of (windows only) Superkalle's LDD Manager. Perhaps he could help with the project with ideas and suggestions.

A little question.

Linux version has both an rpm package (what about a .deb one?) and a tarball, while windows version has the installer only. Do you think to provide a stand alone zip version too? I would appreciate it very much! :grin:

Welcome to the Eurobricks forum.

Another interesting LEGO software from Italy, I see.

It seems aimed to check the chance to build something according to a parts database, that's a feature that many LDD users will surely appreciate.

As your software will grow, I think many feature could be similar to those of (windows only) Superkalle's LDD Manager. Perhaps he could help with the project with ideas and suggestions.

A little question.

Linux version has both an rpm package (what about a .deb one?) and a tarball, while windows version has the installer only. Do you think to provide a stand alone zip version too? I would appreciate it very much! :grin:

Thank you.

I need ideas and suggestions. There is a lot of LEGO software from fans (LDraw, BrickStore, LeoCAD, MLCAD, ...), but I didn't found any that do some things, like check if you have all the bricks for build a model.

For example I plan to add the ability to import other CAD files, if someone use it.

I knew LDD Manager, but I use (almost only) Linux, so I cannot use it (it also needs some non-free software that I don't own).

For the ZIP version, I will see what I can do, but consider that software is a bit difficult to install. The installer provide all you need (you don't need to install anything else, like python, sqlite, pygtk, ...).

For .deb, I don't know very well Debian packaging system. But if there is someone that want to help... :wink: