West Berigora barracks and millitary academy

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

In the hills on the western side of the port city of Berigora is situated the main barracks and millitary academy of the Peregrinian forces. From this vantage point, the army has good access to both the city and to the causeway road, should an attack come from that direction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The barracks partly uses the natural defences of the landscape for fortification, as well as an outer wall and high gaurdtowers at each corner.

Posted Image

Today the barracks are a hive of activity. Waisur Iarel, the runner-up of the Mpya Stedor archery tournament, is rolling out his "Evergold archery system" bows to the Peregrinian archers. This is thier first look at the new bows and they can't wait to get to try them out!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Arianna Thunderbow*, a former Nocturnian who sought refuge in Kaliphlin after the archery tournament, was encouraged by Waisur to settle in Peregrinus and join their forces. On her arrival she met and fell deeply in love with Phrixelle, the centaur warrioress who defeated Yavonnel in the Drow gladiator games - the two are now inseperable.

Arianna has her reservations about the new bows, not wanting to give up her beloved longbow. But it's hard to argue with the superior range and accuracy of the Evergold system!

(*Credit for the creation of Arianna Thunderbow goes to the incomperable Angeli!)

Posted Image

To combat the threat of earth elementals, Lord Sansael has ordered the formation of new sapper units. These brave men will use the tunnel networks of the Rakath to seek out forming elementals and destroy them before they have a chance to grow too large and destructive. They are hoping that Professor Mia can come up with a targeting system that can tell them where the greatest concentrations of elemental magic might be - this would make thier job a lot easier!

Posted Image

Spot the new recruit!  :wink:

Posted Image

Here is only one of the many buildings within the barracks complex. On the ground floor are sleeping quarters that are accessed through the tower gaurdroom. The smaller building is an alternitive access route to the top floor - this room also doubles as a small storage space.

Posted Image

Ground floor of the tower gaurdroom.

Posted Image

The top floor contains a small lecture theatre and hallway where one can look over the courtyard. There is also a balcony above the small storeroom and stairway on the left.

Posted Image

A window into the lecture theatre. Here Professor Mia is holding forth on her recent research into "Earth elementals and methods of defence against them."

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gaurdtower has multiple levels within it for observation - a small walkway at the level of the gold windows, a platform just below the roof and then the rooftop itself.

Posted Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed my build, thanks for looking! C&c welcome as always.  :classic:

Edited by gabe, 13 July 2012 - 03:41 AM.

Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

*oh2*
Brilliant build, I have been waiting for this one, and you don't disappoint!
~dangerous dave~

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#3 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

That's really nice! :thumbup: I love the color scheme and everything about it. They way it opens is awesome! I need more pictures. Is this built on the Pharohs quest base plate or something else?
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#4 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

this is great work.

I especially like the upper windows in the tower.  very nice.

lots of great details through out the build the curved stairs, the roof of the main building, the bands of color I especially like too.

Again great job,

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#5 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

Another excellent piece of architecture and defense within the borders of Kaliphlin.

I really like the window details, the rock formation, the sappers, and the school. Great ideas there. This is an excellent build with all the right visibility built in.

Are you planning on building the rest of the academy?
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea ... | ....   Devil's Island   ...... | ........    Rakath Mountain Ritual

#6 Axis600

Axis600

Member: 28633

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

It's moments like these that I know I joined the right guild. I like the mechanical bows that your archers have. What's that machine on top of the rocks? A drill?
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#7 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Member: 24623

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Awesome build! So much to love here!  :thumbup:
My Flickr

All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#8 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

• Needs eggs on his face

Member: 28013

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

That's fantastic! I love the rock-work.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Francis Barkley, Level 5 Ranger in Heroica RPG

#9 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostLegonardo Davidy, on 13 July 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

*oh2*
Brilliant build, I have been waiting for this one, and you don't disappoint!
~dangerous dave~

Aw shucks, thanks!  :blush: I just wanted to get at least one free-build in between challenges, otherwise i feel like i never make any headway in my "to build" pile of ideas.  :wink:

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 13 July 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

That's really nice! :thumbup: I love the color scheme and everything about it. They way it opens is awesome! I need more pictures. Is this built on the Pharohs quest base plate or something else?

Thanks captn BB! :classic: I do have some more pics i need to take, so i might add some more in the next day or so. Is there anything in particular you'd like a better look at?

Btw, that is indeed the Pharoah's Quest raised baseplate, well spotted. I love that baseplate, it's so useful!

View PostMikeyB, on 13 July 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

this is great work.

I especially like the upper windows in the tower.  very nice.

lots of great details through out the build the curved stairs, the roof of the main building, the bands of color I especially like too.

Again great job,

View Postmephistopheles, on 13 July 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

Awesome build! So much to love here!  :thumbup:

View PostCaptain Settle, on 13 July 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

That's fantastic! I love the rock-work.

Cheers fellows, i'm glad you like it!  :classic:

View PostSkaForHire, on 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Another excellent piece of architecture and defense within the borders of Kaliphlin.

I really like the window details, the rock formation, the sappers, and the school. Great ideas there. This is an excellent build with all the right visibility built in.

Are you planning on building the rest of the academy?

Thanks for the kind words fellow guildie! No, i am not planning on building the rest of the barracks/academy complex, unless... maybe in microscale?  :look: I do need to practice my microscale after all...

View PostAxis600, on 13 July 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

It's moments like these that I know I joined the right guild. I like the mechanical bows that your archers have. What's that machine on top of the rocks? A drill?

Haha, thanks Axis! Don't worry, you are certainly in the right guild. :wink: Yep, it's a drill - i'm not so good at building mechanical whizzbangs, but it kinda looks ok i think if you don't look too critically at it!  :laugh: I'm planning on taking some more pics of my sapper unit soon, so i should get a better pic of it.

#10 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Your builds are always inspiring  :thumbup:  I like that you did the interior of the buildings, and using the bley bracket piece uncovered works surprisingly well for wall decoration. The skeleton legs in the second story windows are a great parts usage too, the curved staircase is also a nice touch.
Incredible work  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#11 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

gabe, your builds continue to lead the way in Kaliphlin superiority!  The details inside really add a ton to this one.  I did not expect Friends to look so good in armor!

Excited to see what you'll cook up for Challenge 4!

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#12 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wow. That's awesome. So much detail like the drill, rocks, and colors. And I love that tower that opens up to show the stairs. :wub: :thumbup:

#13 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow Gabe! Much to like here! The color scheme is the first things that strikes me! Just great! Love the light gray details at the windows! The cypress is very clever! How did you do that?

I think you are the only one in GOH that uses the Falcons?  :classic:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#14 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Very nice.

I like mostly everything that you've done here.

I like the coloration and the texture on the building.  Nice details with the windows and I appreciate that you always put energy into making an interior.  Looks like your stairs could use a little detailing though, but that is a tiny nitpick.  

Great work man!

(dG... I have a few falcons who might make it into a future build.  They are a cool torso to be sure!)

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#15 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Great build! And I love that tree, its perfect for the sandy building.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#16 turtleman2020

turtleman2020

Member: 23684

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

Every detail i see makes my jaw drop another foot graet job :thumbup:

#17 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 13 July 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Your builds are always inspiring  :thumbup:  I like that you did the interior of the buildings, and using the bley bracket piece uncovered works surprisingly well for wall decoration. The skeleton legs in the second story windows are a great parts usage too, the curved staircase is also a nice touch.

Thanks soccerkid!  :classic: Yeah, i just wish i had more of those 1x4 brackets in light bley, it's going on my next BL order for sure.  :wink: I wasn't so sure about the first floor windows - i wanted some light (and breeze!) to get in for my poor cadets, b

View Postsoccerkid6, on 13 July 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks soccerkid!  :classic: Yeah, i just wish i had more of those 1x4 brackets in light bley, it's going on my next BL order for sure!  :wink: I wasn't so sure about the first floor windows - i wanted some light (and breeze!) to get in for my poor cadets, but i didn't want large openings in the wall there as it detracted from the feel of a fortified building. I guess this was my compromise.  :sceptic:

View PostKayne, on 13 July 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

gabe, your builds continue to lead the way in Kaliphlin superiority!  The details inside really add a ton to this one.  I did not expect Friends to look so good in armor!

Excited to see what you'll cook up for Challenge 4!

Cheers Kayne, glad you like it!  :classic: Yeah, i had to get a "friend" in there somewhere, it being the month of the minidoll after all.  :wink: You should try them with the uruk helmet on... scary!  :devil:

View PostCapt.JohnPaul, on 13 July 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Wow. That's awesome. So much detail like the drill, rocks, and colors. And I love that tower that opens up to show the stairs. :wub: :thumbup:

Thanks Capt. JohnPaul for your kind words!  :classic:

View Postde Gothia, on 13 July 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Wow Gabe! Much to like here! The color scheme is the first things that strikes me! Just great! Love the light gray details at the windows! The cypress is very clever! How did you do that?

I think you are the only one in GOH that uses the Falcons?  :classic:

Thanks DeGothia! Yeah, i'm not sure if anyone else uses the falcons as thier home force? I think they cropped up in someone else's challenge 3 moc as a possessed demon army, but i can't remember who that was. :look: Anyway, they've always been my favourite faction, and they do seem to fit into Kaliphlin quite well.

I'm glad you like the cypress, i tried a few different things before i came up with that. :classic: I really didn't want to go with the usual Avalonian looking trees as it wouldn't have suited the climate. Basically it's 3 concentric rings of woven foliage pieces stacked on top of one another, resting on a slightly flared tree trunk. (the green small foliage peices at the top are attched to the trunk also) I'm pretty happy with it, though i'll probably experiment with the form a bit more.

View PostZCerberus, on 13 July 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Very nice.

I like mostly everything that you've done here.

I like the coloration and the texture on the building.  Nice details with the windows and I appreciate that you always put energy into making an interior.  Looks like your stairs could use a little detailing though, but that is a tiny nitpick.  

Great work man!

(dG... I have a few falcons who might make it into a future build.  They are a cool torso to be sure!)

Cheers Zcerb for your kind words!  :classic: Are you talking about the curved outside stair or the short flight leading the small stariwell? Both are a little underdone i agree, although i did try to vary the ground on the curved stairs and it looked too much, so i pared it back again.

I'll look forward to seeing some falcons in your mocs!  :wink:

View PostCara, on 13 July 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Great build! And I love that tree, its perfect for the sandy building.

Thanks Cara!  :classic:

View Postturtleman2020, on 14 July 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Every detail i see makes my jaw drop another foot graet job :thumbup:

Thanks turtleman!  :classic:

Edited by gabe, 14 July 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#18 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Realy nice build! There are some great ideas here like the use of that baseplate, windows, and tree...

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Berigora, already now a legendary city!

When Mpya Stedor is finished, you are one of the guys I will refer to in the credits :laugh: You are a really big inspiration :classic:

Anyway, it's madness to try to find a critic on this build as you would lose a whole week searching for it! :classic:

It's just brilliant :thumbup:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#20 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

@Gabe can you post more pics of the winged centaur creature?
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#21 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 16 July 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Realy nice build! There are some great ideas here like the use of that baseplate, windows, and tree...

Thanks Mikel! I rather partial to the tree too... i've torn down the building now in preperation for my challenge build, but i've kept the cypress for a later project.  :wink:

View PostDaMaximus, on 16 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Berigora, already now a legendary city!

When Mpya Stedor is finished, you are one of the guys I will refer to in the credits :laugh: You are a really big inspiration :classic:

Anyway, it's madness to try to find a critic on this build as you would lose a whole week searching for it! :classic:

It's just brilliant :thumbup:

Aw shucks, thanks for the kind words DaMaximus! :blush: I'm really glad you enjoyed my build.

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 17 July 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

@Gabe can you post more pics of the winged centaur creature?

No worries. The first image shows Angeli's brilliant original fig on the left, and my version of the character on the right. The second image shows a little bit of how the wings are connected.  :classic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by gabe, 17 July 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#22 Fan of Lego

Fan of Lego

Member: 29363

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Wow, the centaurs are really cool I love the one with wings!
This is a great moc   :laugh:  :thumbup:  !
Escusez me for the mistakes of English because I'm French !
I would make my job legos.

#23 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

How many ways do I love this build?  The tree was the first thing that blew me away, but there is so much more.  The window detailing, the curtains and interiors, the hinged wall designs, the sappers concept, the drill, the archery range.  So much going on here, and all of it is first class.  This is so much better than I expected even from your wip shots.  Absolutely brilliant!    :classic:
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostFan of Lego, on 17 July 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Wow, the centaurs are really cool I love the one with wings!
This is a great moc   :laugh:  :thumbup:  !

Thanks mate! The winged centaur was originally one of Angeli's amazing minifig creations, he has graciously let me adopt that character. Expect to see more of Arinna Thunderbow in future mocs! :classic:

View Postrobuko, on 18 July 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

How many ways do I love this build?  The tree was the first thing that blew me away, but there is so much more.  The window detailing, the curtains and interiors, the hinged wall designs, the sappers concept, the drill, the archery range.  So much going on here, and all of it is first class.  This is so much better than I expected even from your wip shots.  Absolutely brilliant!    :classic:

Thanks so much for your kind words robuko! I am very happy that you have enjoyed so many aspects of my build. :blush:

#25 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thas is absolutely stunning! :sweet:

It took me a while to see all the great things in this moc! Some notable things: The angled rockwork and staircase, the amazing color choice and offcourse all the modular parts. I try to make an interior most of the time, so when it's done by someone else it has my attention even more! :thumbup: And very interesting minifigs, looking forward seeing more Kaliphlin mocs like this.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users