def

The Coming Darkness - Day Three

5907668256_ed9ceb4773_b.jpg

The weather has taken a turn for the worse. A solid rain covers the town, and the clouds block the sun. Still, the town has gathered together, as is their duty.

5934934333_75e950dd93_z.jpg

Is everyone here? Are we missing people?

The crowd started to do a head count when Roweena Karnata burst into the room.

5935495328_059bf618ec_z.jpg

"Sir, I have bad news. Again this morning, I checked the houses, and both Craig Otoko and Professor Flutwuck were gone, their houses showing signs of a struggle! In their beds, I found these cards!"

killcard.pngkillcard.png

Oh dear. I worry that things may be worse than I thought. Two more members of The Town were taken from us last night! I really believed the town was unified together!

5934934563_ba5dc9c655_z.jpg

The Town Elder looked out over at the inhabitants of New Lower Brickton by the Sea.

Tomorrow is the night of the alignment. Time is not on our side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All players now have 24 hours to place their mandatory vote. They may choose to play their witness cards, but please keep in mind:

- there are a set number of clues for each death.

- each player has only two cards to use over four days, so cooperation is imperative

- their will be a challenge today to win an Investigation Card

-Because of other commitments, Burman cannot complete the game and will be substituted with Pandora. Nothing has changed in the role, and should not effect your opinion of the character.

And a special hint to all players:

If you're not going to be around for the last few hours of the game day, be it for work, school, sleep, or otherwise, I strongly recommend proxying your vote to someone who will be around. It could make all the difference between winning and losing.

RULES

The game takes place in 24-hour rounds (a Day Round and a Night Round) over the course of 7 days in the quaint village of Lower Brickton by the Sea.

During the Day Rounds, excitable citizens take it into their hands to lynch one of the players.

During the Night Rounds, the town's population is preyed upon by The Dark Ones!

TEAMS

-There are two teams: The Town and The Dark Ones.

-There are an unknown number of players on each team.

-There are no special roles in either team.

-Members of The Town will not know the identities of their teammates.

-Members of The Dark Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates.

-IMPORTANT! For The Town, this is a No-PM game. Posting in the public game thread is the only method of game-related communication allowed for members of this team (i.e. no Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever.)

-For The Dark Ones, this may or may not be a No-PM game.

OBJECTIVE

-The team left with the most players at the end of the 4th Day Round will be declared the winners.

-All players win or lose with their team, so if you're killed during the game and your team wins, you're still a winner. So work together!

-If it becomes impossible for one of the teams to win, the game will end early and the other team will be declared the winners.

Note: Some non-player characters may be mentioned during the game, but these characters do not contribute to the numbers on either team.

GAME PLAY

Day Rounds

-The day round lasts 24 hours. During that time a player may vote for another player to be lynched by publicly voting in the game thread.

-At the end of the round, the player with the most votes is subjected to a brutal death at the hands of the mob.

-Votes should be stated in the public thread in bold. E.g. "I VOTE/UNVOTE [name]".

-Players may nominate any other player to be their proxy for the day, thus voting the same way as their proxy.

-In the event of a tie, the first player to achieve that number of votes will be convicted.

IMPORTANT! Failure to vote or nominate a proxy will result in a penalty of 5 lynch votes the following day!

Night Rounds

-The Night Round begins when the day ends and lasts 24 hours. During that 24 hour window, members of The Dark Ones may murder other players.

ID CARD

- Each player will receive a Character card containing a full photo of themselves.

- Players may choose to reveal this card at any time in the public thread, or not.

GAME CARDS

There are 3 types of game card in play...

WITNESS CARD

- Play this card to receive a clue about a crime.

- Each player will receive 2 Witness cards.

- To play a Witness card, post it in the public thread and nominate the crime you want the clue about.

- The clue will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- If more than one player witnesses the same crime, they may receive further clues. If the same clue is received by more than one player, that signifies there are no further clues to be revealed about that crime.

- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.

INVESTIGATION CARD

- Play this card to identify which team another player is on.

- Players can win Investigation cards by solving challenges (more on this below).

- To play an Investigation card, post it in the public thread and nominate the player under investigation. Players may not investigate themselves.

- The result of the investigation will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- Investigation cards may only be played during the Day, and do not have to be played on the same day they are won.

KILL CARD

- Play this card to murder another player.

- Each of The Dark Ones will receive 1 Kill card.

- To play a Kill card, send it to me in a PM along with the name of the victim.

- Murder cards may played during Day or Night, but will only take effect during the Night Round.

Cards are not transferable.

Use of forged or altered cards is not allowed.

CHALLENGES

-During the course of the game, at different times of day, at least three challenges will be presented in the public thread.

-If you solve a challenge, send the answer to me by PM.

-Each player may only submit one answer for each challenge (no second chances or revisions!)

-The first player to send me the correct answer will win an Investigation card.

-If no fully correct answer is received within the challenge's allotted time, the player whose answer I deem closest to the solution will win the Investigation card.

-The winner of the challenge will be announced in the public thread.

Finally...

Note to The Town: Although the odds may seem stacked against you, the game is really yours to lose. A considered assessment of the clues is the key to your success.

Have fun!

THE PLAYERS

5907332661_8c6f04e977_m.jpg Camanakin Skywalker - Town hustler (Big Cam)

5907888674_d4f8228c35_m.jpg Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)

5907888598_cce79fe9b6_m.jpg Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

5907888720_35ae2b6ee9_m.jpg Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)

5907888458_c3fb721a2c_m.jpg Carly Vikera - Town accountant (Kartoffelviking)

5907888410_dc84338ce8_m.jpg Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)

5907888754_663c52784e_m.jpg Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle (Brickdoctor)

5907888304_3ab05fa105_m.jpg Professor Flutwuck - University Professor/Wife of Eskipo Land (Professor Flitwick)

5907888352_e6626a80f0_m.jpg Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)

5907888258_0246d5c102_m.jpg Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)

5907332609_0a63d0f4e8_m.jpg Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Robuko)

5907888210_6106908ec3_m.jpg Eskipo Land - Town Guard/Husband of Professor Flutwuck (Eskallon)

5907888132_1bcd37cf43_m.jpg Addy Kupp - Importer/exporter (ADHO15)

5907888000_8036f872c9_m.jpg Craig Otoko - Freelance muscle (cralegoboy)

5907331743_3955bdf506_m.jpg Bubb Kupp - Town guard (Bob the Construction Man)

5907887842_219d94437b_m.jpg Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)

5907331955_6a63b7b421_m.jpg Mistress Kupp - Hostess (Jedi Master Brick Fugazi)

5907888048_6721a09e7e_m.jpg Burrito - Horse Whisperer (Burman Pandora)

How awful! At least we know that Flutwick was telling the truth about Mistress Kupp.

I will be the first to play a witness card:

witnesscard.png

I would like to investigate the death of Craig Otoko.

Oh my! Two murders in one night - looks like we'll need more Witness Cards than normal to figure this one out. That said,

witnesscard.png

At the very least, we need to find one of the murderers, and since we can only lynch one person anyways, I too would like a clue concerning the death of Craig Otoko.

Well, I got my clue Concerning the Death of Craig Otoko

Lucky to you women, the person fleeing the scene was a man!

Lucky to you women, the person fleeing the scene was a man!

About time! :tongue:

I liked it how yesterday we did the thing listing the subjects. So, I believe, here are the remaining men:

5907332661_8c6f04e977_m.jpg Camanakin Skywalker - Town hustler (Big Cam)

5907888598_cce79fe9b6_m.jpg Mugg Kupp - Military propagandist/Husband of Womanikin (MacK)

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

5907888720_35ae2b6ee9_m.jpg Shenanikin Skywalker - Elementary School Student (sok117)

5907332609_0a63d0f4e8_m.jpg Robanakin Skywalker - Town guard (Roboku)

5907888210_6106908ec3_m.jpg Eskipo Land - Town Guard (Eskallon)

5907888048_6721a09e7e_m.jpg Burrito - Horse Whisperer (Burman)

Of which I know Camanikan to be a Townie.

About time! :tongue:

5907888210_6106908ec3_m.jpg Eskipo Land - Town Guard (Eskallon)

Of which I know Camanikan to be a Townie.

Remember that Eskipo is already.

Why don't you post your clue?

Remember that Eskipo is already.

Why don't you post your clue?

Whoops. :blush:

Because I haven't received it yet.

This post will probably end up merging, but it is a separate post.

My clue is:

The person fleeing the scene looked a little green.

So that gives us:

I find Bubb to be the most suspicious. He is flying under the rader, not showing up to voice his opinion or vote. :sceptic:

Of those 3, Andy Kupp sticks out to me because he did not change his vote from me on day 1, after I was proven town.

It's not much, but it's something, I need some sleep though, be back in 8 hours.

Of those 3, Andy Kupp sticks out to me because he did not change his vote from me on day 1, after I was proven town.

That could just be that he was not around between that time and the time the Day ended. I don't recall him speaking again after he voted for you. Besides, at that point, you weren't really proven Town. The only person who knew for a fact you were Town was me. (and it's impossible for anyone who hasn't investigated you to know for a fact you're Town until the end of this situation)

Two kills! :cry_sad: This just keeps getting worse for us.

So from yesterday we learned that sticking to the witness card clues and investigation alignments is crucial. I'm glad by doing this yesterday we were able to get another Dark One. So to make the three person list even smaller I'll use this

witnesscard.png

It could be a duplicate clue but it needs to be done.

5929570006_a53815bf54.jpg

There are two crimes to investigate, please state which you are investigating.

There are two crimes to investigate, please state which you are investigating.

:facepalm: first time, completely forgot.

I would like to investigate the crime of Professor Flutwuck's death.

My clue for the death of Professor Flutwuck is:

The person fleeing the scene clearly was wearing a cape.

So this means our suspects are:

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg - Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

5907888410_dc84338ce8_m.jpg - Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)

5907888258_0246d5c102_m.jpg - Ram Strut - Bouncer/husband of Mrs. Le Goninja (Rumble Strike)

5907888048_6721a09e7e_m.jpg - Burrito - Horse Whisperer (Burman)

To be narrow this list down even more I will use my second witness card,

witnesscard.png

megabluck! Did it again! I would like to investigate the death of Professor Flutwuck.

Donena is already dead, so that list is down to Scotty, Ram, and Burrito.

By the way, I notice that I forgot to include Ram Strut under my list of green men. That makes Ram Strut the only person appearing on both suspect lists.

Donena is already dead, so that list is down to Scotty, Ram, and Burrito.

Oops :blush:

My next clue for Professor Flutwuck's death is:

The person fleeing the scene had pink skin.

Now this is a toughie. So no one has actual pink skin so I'm assuming it's just the pinky coloured skin of people. So that would mean our only suspect is:

5907332365_91817bfc48_m.jpg - Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

Burrito I did not include in the revised list because I feel his skin his more tan/brown than pink.

Oops :blush:

My next clue for Professor Flutwuck's death is:

The person fleeing the scene had pink skin.

Now this is a toughie. So no one has actual pink skin so I'm assuming it's just the pinky coloured skin of people. So that would mean our only suspect is:

[snip] - Scotty Pie - University Academic (CallMePieOrDie)

Burrito I did not include in the revised list because I feel his skin his more tan/brown than pink.

They both have the same skin color. Besides, I highly doubt clues alone would eliminate all but one suspect. That seems too easy.

So we've currently got:

Murder of Flutwuck:

Scotty Pie

Burrito

Murder of Craig:

Ram Strut

Mug Kupp

Addy Kupp

Bubb Kupp

Someone needs to play a third Witness Card to find a clue concerning Craig Otoko's death.

They both have the same skin color. Besides, I highly doubt clues alone would eliminate all but one suspect. That seems too easy.

Really? Huh I wouldn't have guessed. And that's a good point too. A third witness card for Craigs death will be very helpful. Even another one for Flutwuck's just so that we. Can be sure we've got all the clues to make a good judgement about who's our top suspects. :classic:

I do have a question for the Town Elder:

It sounds like the answer should be obvious, but just to be sure, what were the allegiances of last Night's victims? It's said that the Darks Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates, so by that it would be possible they killed one of their own.

I do have a question for the Town Elder:

It sounds like the answer should be obvious, but just to be sure, what were the allegiances of last Night's victims? It's said that the Darks Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates, so by that it would be possible they killed one of their own.

5929570006_a53815bf54.jpg

First post updated.

Thank god, I'm glad we picked out the right scum yesterday. But the death of 2 tonight is disturbing. Currently we're down by 2, but since the scum are limited, we're probably in the lead.

Roweena I find your assumption me and Burrito being a different skin type very disconcerting. Watch yourself...

I won't even try and use my card on my beloved Professor, since obviously I may be lying considering I'm one of 2 suspects, so

witnesscard.png

I'd like to investigate the death of Craig Otoko.

Currently we're down by 2,

We've lost three. (Eskipo, Flutwuck, and Craig) The Dark Ones have lost two. (Carly and Donena) That puts us down by one in kills.

I regret to see that we've lost two more of our own during the night.

Let's just do what we've done before and we'll nail another Dark One.

I am a suspect in Craig's death so I think it would be best if I use my last witness card to investigate Professor Flutwuck's Murder.

witnesscard.png

2 Deaths! Oh my...

Wow, my compliments to Le Goninja and Bananakin for really getting this days started. I see there are some witness cards open, so I'll await those clues before I play a card of my own. I still have 2 witness cards, not because I don't want to solve these murders but mainly because I wake up too late and there all ready have been given duplicate clues. So lets see what happens.

By the way I must agree with Bananakin that Burrito should be included in the suspect list. It's either pink or green. I don't think any clue would give away that much.