Sign in to follow this  
legodac

Chopper Dragster

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Chopper Dragster

Sometime ago, around when Lego brought out there own Racers Game where you could almost play others online, I entered a contest. The challenge was simple, to build a Racer.

desktop002-9.jpg

So I went to work, spilled all the Lego all over the living room and began to build.

I was pleased with the end result simply because I had never built a racer before.

desktop005-4.jpg

But the Lego Bricks were still missing something, oh,wait, it’s a dragster and every dragster deploys a chute at the end of the quarter mile.

desktop009-6.jpg

desktop014-7.jpg

desktop015-3.jpg

How was I going to pull that off, Oh, right, the antique box next to the Lego Heavy Tow Truck contains my Pirate Sails and Lego stickers?

desktop031-4.jpg

I used two only and only a tiny slit in the red and white sail was all the damage done.

Four slits to be exact to incorporate the JollyRodger. The cuts were tiny so I had to really apply some immense pressure tomake the click.

desktop032-4.jpg

Which is okay, I’m pretty immense and the job was done without damaging the sail to much.

I would love to show this someday in real life, that’s why I save all my models in pictures and the model as well goes behind glass,except for the really big ones, they just get dusty.

desktop050-2.jpg

If I may be as bold as to offer something to everyone out there, the thing that keeps me coming back to building is two things.

One is a new project, something I’ve never built before, the other is, we need a place to show our stuff, and places like EuroBricks and the others I belong to, are where it’s at.

desktop060-2.jpg

For your viewing pleasure eh, A Chopper Dragster byme, legodac…

Edited by Rufus
Indexed and removed some extra space

HAHHA

that parachute is brilliant, it does't ACTUALLY fit inside does it?

No it doesn't SI-mocs, though it made for some nice effects, thanks for your comment default_classic.gif