Sign in to follow this  
Fires-storm

MOC: Yellow Jacket

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Yellow Jacket was designed for lightning fast and powerful raids on the barons ground and sky forces by the head engineers aboard the Midnight Madness. This little beauty has proven itself time and again in the war against the Baron, and this particular plane is an ace among the Midnight Madness fighter squadron known as the Lords of Lightning.

Stats:

Climb: 5,000 Ft. a minute.

Max Altitude: 30,000 ft.

Dive speed: 490 mph.

Speed: 450 mph.

Armament: 2 30mm Machine Guns, 2 40mm cannon, 1 bunker buster bomb, 1 anti-personnel scatter bomb, two normal 500 pound bombs (not shown except in load-out)

Crew: 1

I'm pretty pleased with how this little fighter came out, I hope you enjoy her!

On to pics:

5637147707_3f9841c907_z.jpg

5637724994_787622ef30_z.jpg

5637148801_07f50dce3c_z.jpg

5637725984_c08fa867d9_z.jpg

5637149885_8543f79938_z.jpg

5637726940_6db0ccbf0c_z.jpg

4th wall break: I'm actually pretty pleased with this build, it only took about 3 hours, but this little beauty pleased me so much she is still fully intact and sitting on the desk of my workshop 3 months after conception! I haven't even pirated her for parts, unlike many of my other war birds, hah!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice! Though it's starting to look a little Sci-Fi ish. There's a definite similarity to Grievous's Starfighter from SW, with the rear cockpit like that.

If it weren't for the black triangular plate on the underside, I'd suggest moving the engines inboard by a stud.

Nice! Though it's starting to look a little Sci-Fi ish. There's a definite similarity to Grievous's Starfighter from SW, with the rear cockpit like that.

If it weren't for the black triangular plate on the underside, I'd suggest moving the engines inboard by a stud.

I actually did experiment with several different engine positions, but I liked them out farther the best! And also, the main reason it's starting to look sci-fi is because it supposed to! :laugh: diesel punk, which I build is just a division of Sci-fi :classic:

Another cool-looking plane MOC FS! The color scheme is perfect for its name and I really like the fully-loaded armament of this heavy-bomber. Very well done as always! :thumbup:

With that bold of a colour-scheme it must be very fast and adeptly piloted.

I'm not to familiar with diesel punk, but I can recognize a good MOC when I see one! This is a very interesting shape that does bear similarities to General Grievous Fighter as Rufus pointed out. The bombs are quite nice, and I like the gun sight you added :thumbup: .

Another cool-looking plane MOC FS! The color scheme is perfect for its name and I really like the fully-loaded armament of this heavy-bomber. Very well done as always! :thumbup:

Thank you, I'm so glad you like it! I'm actually considering making a squadron based around the same yellow/black color scheme...I'm really a sucker for it, hah!

With that bold of a colour-scheme it must be very fast and adeptly piloted.

I'm not to familiar with diesel punk, but I can recognize a good MOC when I see one! This is a very interesting shape that does bear similarities to General Grievous Fighter as Rufus pointed out. The bombs are quite nice, and I like the gun sight you added :thumbup: .

Yes, the color scheme is a bit bold, but I decided to accent with yellow as that was the choice color of most aces of aerial combat! Also, rest assured, it is very VERY fast, hah! I'm glad you like it so much, and the gun sight was actually a last minute edition that i just threw in to see if it would work, and it does indeed look quite nice on this build :classic: