Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

[MOC] Small pirate ship

So I was given some ship pieces a while back (hull pieces, mast and cannons) and after quite a bit of playing and building and rebuilding, I finally finished the ship (well sort of, enough to post her here).

22381934908_0880219028_z.jpgship, on Flickr

pirates-indexed.gif Partially Square-rigged, one mast 10

I didn't have any spare cloth sails, and I'm not in the mood to make some at the moment, so I went with brick built (think I'd seen this style done before somewhere, but can't remember where).

22179194523_2ea8a76158_z.jpgsails, on Flickr

And I managed to squeeze a tiny Captain's cabin in the rear.

22800346615_bb7a36ca5c_z.jpgCaptain's Cabin, on Flickr

22381947688_cca9c56f80_z.jpgparrots :-), on Flickr

Thanks for looking :-) As always any suggestions for improvements welcome.

Yeah a Amauones pirates ship. Reminds me of 6250. I like the parrots at the wheel.

Yeah a Amauones pirates ship. Reminds me of 6250. I like the parrots at the wheel.

Hehe I guess you meant Amazones? (At first I thought Amauones was some complex term I had never heard, until google suggested I meant amazones). Which makes me think I should have included the CMF Amazon warrior too!

She is a nice little ship ready to go to new islands. Is the captain Black Beard's daughter?

Thanks, nope she's just one of my longest serving minifigures.

That's a cute little vessel, although I probably would've skipped the yellow highlights. The cabin is nice even if it's tight, and the furled sail looks pretty good. I might let that crew capture me - but only if they have good hygiene, and only if the captain brought some pizza with her...

That's a cute little vessel, although I probably would've skipped the yellow highlights. The cabin is nice even if it's tight, and the furled sail looks pretty good. I might let that crew capture me - but only if they have good hygiene, and only if the captain brought some pizza with her...

Gosh I wish she came with pizza to go (I covet that set)!! But she actually came from 6411 and I switched the thong for some red ninjago legs.

Nice little ship, I also would have left the yellow accents off the ship. Love the all woman crew haha. Well done.

Yea after building I decided there were too many colour clashes and different styles going on, I really like the yellow against the black (which you don't see so well in pictures, as the main bit is at the front of the cabin) but not against the brown so much, however I also got given a big bag with long yellow plates at the same time so it just happened to be what I started building with and what I had most of.

Very nice, great parrot details on the wheel. It makes me want some of those hull pieces too.

Thanks, yep I want more too, size-wise I can fit loads more in my pirate scene and they don't dwarf the buildings so much.

I'm gonna go against the flow here, and say that I like the yellow highlights. It's a nice, simple design, and I think that the highlights add a nice bit of life and detail to the ship.

Hehe I guess you meant Amazones? (At first I thought Amauones was some complex term I had never heard, until google suggested I meant amazones). Which makes me think I should have included the CMF Amazon warrior too!

Thanks, nope she's just one of my longest serving minifigures.

I think I recognise now a woman pirate with a blue bandana of 1989

Yep she is the oldest, but newish to me. She was picked up at a different toy fair recently (to the ship pieces and stuff). Actually until I put her on the ship I did not realize that the current female pirate torso is basically a remake of the original design. Kinda nice, shame they didn't give her the blue bandana too.

A nice little ship. I like the yellow accents, as well, although it looks a bit like there should be more of it (the rear castle has none of it, for example). I think, if a ship lacks a strong "colourfull" colour as an accent to break up the rather boring black-brown mix-up.