Sign in to follow this  
Halhi 141

PTV 2015 Small: Death from Above

Here's my entry to the small category of the PTV contest.

The pirates used the cliff as a convenient method of murder...On the ground below, spears served to impale any enemies thrown off the cliff....

22099379618_04ea99653a_c.jpg

Of course, occasionally a body might miss the spears...

22261086096_906e6c0ae6_c.jpg

This was a fun build; it was interesting to try building with a size restriction (which I don't normally do). I've been slowly working on this build for over a month, and I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out, especially the cliff. The idea of the blood flowing into the water is something I've been wanting to do for a while (although it was a last-minute addition).

I don't actually have any pirates sets, so making the minifigures was pretty tricky; I think they look reasonably decent, though.

Enjoy!

22261453326_e4e047b685_c.jpg

I like the use of the white band on the soldiers and I am very envious of the rock-work! pirate_classic.gif

You captured the action perfectly. I really like the blood effect you used... and as many said amazing rockwork.

Impressive rockwork and great talent/ingenuity transforming these castle minifigs into proper pirate age soldiers! I must borrow the white rubber band idea for future MOCs as it gives a certain 3D tone to the imperial's uniforms (same as scabbard from PotC licenced).

The rockwork and vegetation are phenomenal, and the overall design is really neat and clean. The minifigs are fine even if they aren't from the Pirates theme. This is a creative take on the contest and looks similar to an idea I had involving lots of axes and an iron furnace...

One thing that puzzles me is how a lone pirate with one hand and one leg could force those men over the edge - unless they'd been tied up first. A few more pirates would make it more convincing.

Good work and good job depicting "Out for Blood."

The rockwork and vegetation are phenomenal, and the overall design is really neat and clean. The minifigs are fine even if they aren't from the Pirates theme. This is a creative take on the contest and looks similar to an idea I had involving lots of axes and an iron furnace...

One thing that puzzles me is how a lone pirate with one hand and one leg could force those men over the edge - unless they'd been tied up first. A few more pirates would make it more convincing.

Good work and good job depicting "Out for Blood."

Thanks, glad you like it :classic:

I originally had some more figs in the scene, but it looked rather crowded with anything more than this - I decided to go for a cleaner look over realism. I could have perhaps tied the figs up - but that might have looked odd next to the rubber bands used on the soldiers' uniforms.... Good point though, thanks for the feedback!

Nice rocks, as said on MP. Also, I think you did a great job on the minifigs considering you have no pirates.............