Nuju Metru

Yep, Another "Battle for the Gold Mask" Entry

15271586754_d33d03a248_z.jpg

Hey, everyone!

Yeah, you saw it coming: another bad guy, another entrant into the "Battle for the Golden Mask." Seeing these has to be getting old, by now. I'm hoping my cheeky title has separated this entry from the noise, and so drawn your attention (but I mean, you're reading this now so I guess it worked on somebody). I've already entered one old MOC into the contest, but that was just in case I didn't get around to fixin' up the MOC you're about to see.

This "BftGM" contest entry version is the latest model of Uhuraz, a highly villainous character of mine that I've had around in MOC form (in various iterations) for a few years. I wanted to make a version of the character that I could legally enter into the contest (Uhuraz's "normal" cape isn't a LEGO element), one also that used some of my (still fairly rare) BIONICLE 2015/prototype elements. Changes from last time include an updated flail, more spikiness(!), the integration of a few CCBS shells, a new cape, and two new accessories (a floating nebulous of energy around a mask, in the 2015 vogue, rather than the bleeding head Uhuraz used to hold in his free hand; and a jagged blade at his hip).

Uhuraz's old backstory fits him into not just the old BIONICLE universe, but the old BZPRPG; I figured the character needed a little bit of a backstory overhaul/simplification, at least for the purposes of the contest. So I wrote a little something in the pattern of the new BIONICLE bios:

Uhuraz - armed with brute strength, Shadow elemental abilities, and wicked mind powers - is a dangerous villain indeed! He seeks relentlessly to become the strongest being on Okoto; he's on the hunt for the Mask of Ultimate Power, and won't let anything, or anyone, get in his way. But Uhuraz is also extremely vain... so if you can get him talking about himself, he might become distracted long enough for you to have a chance of escape!

Primary Color: Dark Blue

Element: Shadow

Favorite environment: Dark places, and being on the hunt

Masks: Mask of Shadow, and any he can get his hands on!

Powers: Shadow Control, Mind Assault

Primary weapon: Flail of Darkness

Secondary weapon: Shade Blade

Signature moves: The ol' Smash-n-Grab, Mental "Fire Daggers"

Key traits: Arrogant, ruthless, and greedy

Images all link to the bigger versions on Flickr. You can find the gallery here.

15868046686_ba827f45e6_z.jpg

15274233133_f6ddab73cd_m.jpg15891875821_05b6aeda11_m.jpg15707839139_c3129f6591_m.jpg15706365898_2157d5d0a2_n.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Any comments/critiques you have are welcomed.

Wow, thats amazing! He's detailed and big but not too big or ridiculously over the top. I really love the hands and of course the floating mask. :wub:

Wait, where did you get that black & gold blade from? Never seen it before.

It's a prototype color of a piece that appeared in 8694 Krika. I got it at Brickfair VA a few years ago.

Huh I wouldn't even have registered that that was a rarity. Honestly I was so entranced by all the facets of the design that you can see in the main image that after the main attention grabbers I had to take a minute to remember to look through all the brilliant details, and the last thing that caught my eye "oh cool crooked handle on the flail.. oh there's a matching handle on his leg, like a bladed weapon he can switch to, awesome" and then looked at the other pictures to see if the other weapon would get featured. and then said "oh yeah, look, it does get pulled out. cool."

But funny enough I didn't pay any attention to the part. It just registered as thick metallic weapon like the inescapable potato wedges of power. But now, looking at the side view and all that, that really does add something special onto an already crazy good model.