I've been making a lot of minifigures and it is high time to post some that have been on my harddrive for months!

These three were an effort to make more female characters from an Action & Adventure Theme. It is a shame that the ratio seems to be around five guys and one girl with named character releases, most of the sub-themes have at least one female character. Reasons aren't important as to why there are so few and it was easy for me to make these from my collection.

So on to the figures!

16932329483_3a917f73a6_z.jpg

Tia Thwait-Fuller

Daughter of a well known archaeologist-adventurer and a respected historian, Hypatia ‘Tia’ Thwait-Fuller took after her father more. Libraries, archives and curating collections were her future and she loved it. However when a mystery map with a riddle and a story was uncovered in an old storage room, Tia began to obsess about solving it and finding where the map led. With her parents busy she decided to take off on an adventure of her own. She appeared in my MOC of an All Terrain vehicle Gelert.

After getting the lady scientist CMF I had a head for the bookish character and built the rest around that. There is a lot of Twilight Sparkle about this character, with a hint of Evelyn Carnahan and just a little ‘hidden depths’ from Lirael. I used a torso from Pharaoh's Quest, CMF Librarian hair and the Map from Pirates of the Caribbean.

17550388712_7492519400_z.jpg

Eleri

She only goes by one name. Part mercenary, part adventurer and all independent. There are few clues as to Eleri’s past. Rumours have it that she is an heiress of titles and money who rebelled and ran away to the far-east. Whatever her past, Eleri is known as an expert tracker and outdoor survivor who’ll hire herself out more for the thrill than the payday. Also appeared in the Gelert car.

I originally built this figure as a fighter of monster mutant plants in a posing/forced perspective MOC experiment that didn't go so well. There was basically a lot of homage to Ellen Ripley (in fact when my brother in law was having a nose at my LEGO he asked why I’d made a Ripley figure.) in the creation of a figure to fight mutant plant monsters. When that didn't work she became an adventurer. Chuck some Tomb Raider and a healthy dose of any runaway-rebel-rich-girl you can think of to get the character I was aiming for. Dino trousers, the CMF swimmer's torso, Space Heroine head and Frodo's hair. The machete is of course Brick Arms.

16930100694_def7acec04_z.jpg

Dr. Regina Thwaite-Fuller

Adventurer, wanderer, a society lady that her peers both admire and stare aghast at. She set out for fun and discovery and gathered some extras on the way. Now having collected a doctorate and a family she is slightly less reckless and the handy firearm takes care of the other threats. The bone-kicking business can get a little exciting after all.

This figure came about when I wanted to make a Mustrum Ridcully type character with a twist. Monster Fighter characters remixed into something new. With hints of a few female characters from fiction and history (Or, the popular perceived image of certain historical characters). A Monster Fighters head and torso, Indy legs all combined to make a character that, on reflection, might be a bit over-armed...

Cool 'figs!

Why thank you.

Those are nice :thumbup::classic:

I could use Eleri somewhere else... :look:

Feel free to take her. She's up for adventure and I am happy to share :sweet:. I make a lot of figures, most of them never get photographed, it is my stress-ball alternative when I feel I need to unwind I make a few figures.

These look awesome! Do you have anything else you haven't uploaded, Adventurers-wise?

Plenty! There is a plane I need better photos of, a number of original character figures (Good, bad and next generation characters for the original Adventurers) and another boat. I also have a nice big ruin in a jungle to finish off and a heap of plans for new MOCs. Adventurers is really my favourite theme to build in.

Good job with the figs, Peppy! They really look the part, and it's always great to see more diversity in different themes. :thumbup:

Cheers Sandy! I've always got a lot of Action-y ladies about in my minifigure box. They're so fun to build!

This is a little bit an offshoot of a project I had planned to show what measures anyone can easily take to diversify your LEGO cast of characters.

Haha what a coincidence! I also just make Female-adventurers team but based on Penguins of Madagaskar cliches!

Your middle fig looks like Ripley from Alien! Hobbit hair look amazinfg on girl-figs!

I want to make an adventure team, but I don't want it to be really cliche like Johnny Thunder, but I'm afraid if I don't do it like that, it wouldn't really be the same...

I want to make an adventure team, but I don't want it to be really cliche like Johnny Thunder, but I'm afraid if I don't do it like that, it wouldn't really be the same...

Well, you could always do a Jake Raines-style team in a different setting than Egypt, or Rodney Rathbone and Co. from Monster Fighters doing something other than the monsters that were already done. You could use the CMF "Monster" series as a starting point. (link: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=104386 )

Here are some story ideas I've come up with sand not used:

Lost at Sea

- ghost passenger liner (think RMS Titanic) or pirate ship take them to "Midway Pointe" (as in both a land feature and place in time), a mysterious land under Antarctica where you aren't dead, but aren't alive. (like you could be in a coma and wake up in your body and not remember anything that happened, or dead and just holding on to your former life.) While there, the Adventurers realize they are losing touch with their Earth selves and are becoming dead, as they need to navigate to the Inner Sea of Sorrows (deeper in the depths of the Earth, where the hot molten mantle is for us mortals but before the iron core) to become alive again. The Inner Sea of Sorrows is where malevolent spirits and evil people go to rot before can they move on to whatever comes next. Eventually, they come to the Earth's iron core and the Grim Reaper himself, who shows them something about the early 1920's future (think bad world events from the Crash of 1929 all the way to the Atomic Bomb in 1945) and says something like "Why go back when you will live through this?" Then the adventurers team have to make a decision: stay and "move on" or go back and face reality!

(What do you think of that?)

Edited by Murdoch17