Hinckley

10246 Detective's Office

10246 Detective’s Office

Ages 16+. 2,262 pieces.

US $159.99 - CA $199.99 - DE 149.99€ - UK £132.99 - DK 1399.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Discover hidden clues and surprises at the Detective’s Office!

Discover a world of mystery and adventure with the awesome LEGO® Creator Expert Detective’s Office, featuring unique elements and surprises.

Discover a world of mystery and adventure with the LEGO® Creator Expert Detective’s Office! Step through the open archway and into the barbershop, where seated customers are pampered in the reflection of a large wall mirror, while next door, competitors play pool and darts beneath the comforting whir of a rotating ceiling fan. Venture to the first floor and you’ll find the detective’s office, his desk strewn with clues, a safe containing valuable evidence and a concealed wall compartment. Then visit the adjacent bathroom, featuring a classic pull-chain toilet, before taking the stairway to the well-equipped kitchen, from where you can access the roof terrace, complete with large water tower. This latest addition to the LEGO Modular Building series is packed with unsurpassed detail and hidden surprises. Easy-to-remove roof and ceilings provide access to the delightful interior, while the exterior of the building features a decorative roofline and a beautifully designed façade. Can you solve the smuggling mystery? Includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessories: Detective Ace Brickman, Al the barber, dart player, pool player, police woman and a mysterious lady in red.

• Includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessories: Detective Ace Brickman, Al the barber, dart player, pool player, police woman and a mysterious lady in red
  • Features a pool hall, barbershop, detective’s office, bathroom, kitchen, water tower and a cat
  • Detective’s office features a desk, assorted clues, brick-built lamp, filing cabinet, fan, safe, painting, concealed wall compartment, newspaper, menu, wanted poster and a wall lamp
  • Pool hall features a hinged, rotatable ceiling fan, pool table, printed dartboard, pool cues, pool balls and a drinking glass
  • Barbershop features never-before-seen scissors and reflective mirror element, 2 wall lamps, barber’s chair, hinged cabinet, 2 mannequin heads and a broom
  • Bathroom features a detailed pull-chain toilet
  • Kitchen features a stove, barrel, table, cabinet, refrigerator, wall clock and a rolling pin
  • Accessories include Ace Brickman’s brimmed hat, briefcase, magnifying glass and a police hat
  • Detach the roof and floors for easy access
  • Search for hidden clues
  • Help Ace Brickman solve the mystery!
  • Special elements include never-before-seen scissors and reflective mirror element, printed dartboard, wanted poster, 1x1 round plate with hole in black, painter’s roller in black, designing element 1x2x2 in dark gray, 1x2 bricks in light blue, 1x3 tiles in brown and a 32x32 base plate in brown
  • Detective’s Office measures over 10” (27cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep
  • Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series: 10232 Palace Cinema and 10243 Parisian Restaurant

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

January 2015 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2015 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

Pics:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

Video:

Can't get over the Constraction hands and Unikitty tails for the roof detailing. Nice parts usage right there.

Is there a picture about the dart board? I can read it, but can't see it. I'm curious how the darts can be "stabbed" inside it. And what the dart arrows are.

Oh, and the video is private..

Oh, and the video is private..

It appears that TLG hasn't made the video publicly available yet. It should appear shortly.

I'm mostly excited about that baseplate. I'm going to order a ton of those for my farm.

The set is really cool, but it's hard to top the Parisian Restaurant.

Im excited - love the era/theme. Also, the minfig wanted poster is hilarious, the mirror looks like a great part, and all the details will make for a fun and interesting build - cant wait for January!

Still cannot tell whether or not the windows are printed or they are stickers. I do not see sticker boundaries, although it cannot be ruled out. That mirror element is great. I need this for other MOCs too. The printed dartboard will be well received. This certainly is a good set for getting a lot of nougat masonry bricks and multiple shades of blue. We also get two of the new scissors elements. Kind of surprised there is not a rat in back, maybe the cat keeps it away. We need a new painting. I think the ship now appears in this, the PR, and TH if I am not mistaken. It looks like this will be a fun build.

I just watched the video. I love how they make these sets with a story. I think this is the best storytelling they've ever done in a set. They put a lot of thought into this one.

I think the outside of the building seems a tiny bit lackluster in comparison to some of the other buildings, but the playability factor really makes up for that. Seeing this video really enhances everything for me because I know why each of these things were included.

I made it to the two minute mark in the video and then turned it off.

The modular line has been taken away from AFOLs and given to rich kids who need TLG to be a substitute for their own imagination.

Some one who's tight with designer needs to tell him to stay away from my granddaughters doll house.

It was a dreary day in Brick City, the pool signs neon lights flickerd outside the window and the raindrops slowly dripped of the windows ledge.

And then she walked in, dressed all in red, long flowing auburn hair, and i realised, it was going to be an interesting day afterall..

Love it :laugh:

Edited by BasOne

Do I see 4 black 1x1 round studs with hole on the cooker? Nice touch!

At first this looked a bit bland, but now when I look it there are some pretty awesome part usages, and the mood is definitely best so far - Singing detective Henri Blavatsky and the mystery of the poison biscuits.

Highlander windows and grey unikitty tails are cool pieces to have available, and it's great to see 2x2 round tile with hole in another color than dark bley - that piece is pretty awesome in MOCing.

Sold.

The many different colors don't look as bad as I feared, and as expected, there's a ton of details inside. I obviously could do without the unnecessary play features involving the cookie barrel, but as I'm still planning to mod two of these into bigger buildings, that's not too much of a bother. Twisting prohibition to be about candy is an imaginative way to adhere to the 'no alcohol in in modern day sets'-rule.

150€ is the same price as pretty much all the other modulars except for PC and MS, which were cheaper, and TH, so no complaint there.

Edited by Roger_Smith

yeap, I am not too keen on the whole playability kids stuff, though it is funny how its supposed to be prohibition, but with cookies, I'd just like it to be funny somewhere else. We will see how it goes, maybe rich kids are just better customers than afols, or afols are not as serious as they would like to think. I am not too happy with the compromise, but not too disappointed either, will be buying it as soon as available.

I made it to the two minute mark in the video and then turned it off.

The modular line has been taken away from AFOLs and given to rich kids who need TLG to be a substitute for their own imagination.

Some one who's tight with designer needs to tell him to stay away from my granddaughters doll house.

Do you have a source for this information?... What an awful set of generalisations.

As far as I'm aware, more recent modulars have had the opposite effect. The've introduced the Lego brand to a mature audience who may have otherwise only associated the company with products for children. In the store where I work, products like PR and PS have been a huge hit with those approaching retirement (as just one example), because the designs are not only relatable but also very adaptable for display. This particular line of products has established that scenarios can be integrated exceptionally well with attractive architecture, and it is this storytelling that makes the product a complete package. Sales and feedback have clearly proven that the market wants a complete building experience with a narrative.

Your comments almost across as borderline elitist; it doesn't match your own expectations, therefore, everyone else must feel the same way as you.

Edited by nesquik

There are some good parts and NPUs. Looks like they're using the CMF Indian feather for darts?

Yeah, a toilet. Finally a place to go after that long toilet discussion thread on EB. :laugh:

I think it is easy enough to make it more adult by replacing candy with boozes if you find the set too kiddie.

I smiled the entire time I watched the video.

This is a must buy for me as soon as it is available.

I really like the level of detail and the playability is a bonus.

I think it will look especially nice next to the Pet Shop.

Do you have a source for this information?... What an awful set of generalisations.

As far as I'm aware, more recent modulars have had the opposite effect. The've introduced the Lego brand to a mature audience who may have otherwise only associated the company with products for children. In the store where I work, products like PR and PS have been a huge hit with those approaching retirement (as just one example), because the designs are not only relatable but also very adaptable for display. This particular line of products has established that scenarios can be integrated exceptionally well with attractive architecture, and it is this storytelling that makes the product a complete package. Sales and feedback have clearly proven that the market wants a complete building experience with a narrative.

Your comments almost across as borderline elitist; it doesn't match your own expectations, therefore, everyone else must feel the same way as you.

It's called an 'opinion'. Btw, what are the exact sales numbers you refer to?

I love the story that he tells with this set. The Prohibition stuff is just fun and funny.

I was already convinced I wanted it, but it's truly exceptional work by TLG and Jamie/Team.

Do I see 4 black 1x1 round studs with hole on the cooker? Nice touch!

Yes, it looks like the reuse that part on the exterior door facing out to the roof.

Although, the front door to the pool/billiards hall has a 1x1 round without a hole on the outside from what I can tell.

Edited by lomis