Mister Phes

Classic-Pirates.com now has an RSS Feed!

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and its purpose is to easily and instantly distribute information across the Internet.

rss_logo.gif

Readers can subsribe to RSS Feeds and have information sent straight to their Web Browser or News Reader the moment it is published on the Internet.

For example: Everytime the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage gets updated a headline is sent to the Web Browser or News Reader of everybody who is subscribed to the Classic-Pirates.com News Feed. They're instantly told something new has been added so all they need do is click upon the headline to go to the latest information. How great is that?

The feed link is: http://www.classic-pirates.com/feed

Don't know how to use RSS?

Fear not! We've created a few tutorials to get you started. Visit the Classic-Pirates.com RSS Feed page for more information.

Problems? Questions?

Ask them here! If something isn't working or you're using a program we don't have a tutorial for then let us know!

:pir-classic:

Ah, I've used these for some other websites before and they're been very useful, but I probably won't need it here considering I'll be checking the frontage anyway on a nearly daily basis as a contributor to the blog. However, I am very sure others here could find this really useful, so thanks for coordinating this for us - especially those tutorials for its introduction into Firefox, Facebook and Feedreader. All those screenshots must have taken quite a little bit of time!

You didn't write a tutorial for internet explorer 8 BETA. It's probably pretty similar to 7, I doubt anyone here uses it though.

The reason is because I don't have Internet Explorer 8 BETA installed and since it's only in BETA version I wasn't sure that it was actually worth writing one.

Those tutorials do take 60-90 minutes to write as well, so I'm only going to invest to invest the time if there is sufficient demand.

The reason is because I don't have Internet Explorer 8 BETA installed and since it's only in BETA version I wasn't sure that it was actually worth writing one.

Those tutorials do take 60-90 minutes to write as well, so I'm only going to invest to invest the time if there is sufficient demand.

Writing one for the Mark 8 is future music, and nice job Phes! They really come in handy!

Did anyone else subscribe to the RSS Feeds? Any true Pirate lover would...and it's so easy!

I've never subscribed to an RSS feed in the past, but I did in this case so I can check it out. I'm reading the Classic-pirates blog at least 2 times a week so I won't be needing the RSS to keep me up-to-date, however I do think this will be useful for several pirate fans.

Nice work on making this possible and writing all the wonderful tutorials!

As said in my previous post I did subscribe as well, next to the fact I read C-P every day, these RSS feeds are so easy to use and usefull I wonder why it is so unknown by the majority of this forum. Especcialy if you want to be the first to know something like: Click here NOW !

Oh yes, and THANKS FOR THE MINI-CONTEST, Mr. Phes !!! (Maybe more could follow in the future?)

Edited by zorro3999

I use Rss feed for some websites ( on firefox, I don't use internet explorer^^ well, I use it to test my website for people that use it ) and I think it's very useful, I don't know how someone can live without rss! ( maybe they have a REAL life^^)

Rss > all! and I thanks mister phes to put one on Classic-pirate! ^^

Hi,

I use Google Chrome Beta. I have Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 (non beta!) so I'll probably use Firefox, but I daresay when it becomes a more popular and well known server you may want to make a tutorial for Chrome and Explorer 8.

Regards,

~Fredster~Wozere~

Edited by Fredster wozere