*Outside Marecroft Manor*

8691476396_a08d5567b6_z.jpg

*From a rocky ledge, Legonardo Davidy calls down to his old friend, Trian Burress who has been summed to Marcroft for a secret meeting.*

8690356383_ec351477e5_z.jpg

Legonardo: General Burress, I am pleased the Green Riders were able to reach you. I heard the road to Asca Duin was overrun with Hand soldiers.

Trian Burress: The road is certainly not safe, but the Green Riders are the best messengers in the land. I was surprised to be summoned here, to Marecroft Manor. I thought only Albion was safe for the elemental terror.

*Burress climbs the steps to greet his friend*

8691476010_211e25f1b4_z.jpg

Legonardo: Yes, old friend, only Albion has withstood the Elemental attack, but spies from the Hand of Corruption have penetrated even the Pearl City’s cloak. Despair has set in everywhere. I have heard rumors of civil war in Kalphlin, Drow activity in Nocturnus and a Hand presence in the mountains of Mitgardia. Everyone is on edge.

Trian Burress: I have heard whispers. There have been rumors of a plot from within Mitgardia to claim the throne of Historica as their own if the Usurper is defeated.

Legonardo: Yes General Burress, the overthrow of the Usurper could leave a void in power that may plunge our lands into chaos, but the rule of Revolword, his elemental monsters and the Hand of Corruption must be undone. Though I do not know what lies on the other side of the Usurpur’s defeat, only a united Historica can hope to defeat the Usurper.

Trian Burress: You’ve grown quite wise since last we spoke my friend. Tell me now, why have I been summoned here?

Legonardo: I’ll let Lord Rex tell you himself, the others are already inside.

*Inside Marecroft’s meeting room*

8697990882_90f1678c1b_z.jpg

Artorious Rex: I see Lord Flagg, Lord Sslither and Jarl Nibelung have brought their own protection- do we really trust each other so little?

Dextrus Flagg: And Legonardo and General Burress are here for our own comfort? Dear friend, I find your hypocrisy amusing.

Jarl Nibelung: Enough! Both of you are letting Revolword get the better. If we cannot trust each other or our finest generals, then who can we trust? Elemental monsters continue to ravage the country side and the Hand of Corruption turns even our most loyal servants upon their own guilds.

Lord Sslither: What news issss thissss that comesss from the North? My spiessss sssssay the North hasn’t been hit as hard as the Easssst. I have heard your forcessss are twi-hissss those of Nocturnusss.

Jarl Nibelung: Be careful Snake. I have been told the Drow run freely over your lands and the Hand of Corruption has already pierced your inner circle. Taking Nocturnus wouldn’t even be a challenge for Mitgardia!

Lord Sslither: So you admit you still possesssss strength Bear? Confessss!

Elon Chorian: If we do have strength, you should pray we use it as a shield and not a sword. We will need it all to take the Usurpur.

*Room erupts into shouting and accusations*

8696867957_8e63106cbb_z.jpg

Dextrus Flagg: Enough! If we are done beating our chests, and lying about our strength, let us admit that none of us have the men to conquer Revolword alone!

Erudhalion Sansael: Our spies would not disagree m’Lord. Mitgardia’s strength is as depleted as our own. Only Abyssian, Patrea, Albion and Valholl remain standing. We lose hundreds of soldiers defending those walls every day, and the forces in exile are not nearly strong enough to defeat the elemental monsters, even with the strength of the elemental mages.

Dextrus Flagg: Yes, we can not hold out hope for a miracle savior, it falls upon us to unite and destroy the Usurper.

Artorious Rex: But how can we hope to strike out from a place of strength? The noose tightens every minute, and we are spending our time here instead of defending our people. A full assault on the Usurpur’s castle would be nearly impossible!

Lord Sslither Not but two daysss ago I fell into dissspair. I thought, “We have held this uneassssy peace long enough. Perhaps defending Abyssssian is all that is left for Nocturnussss. What can we hope to do againsssst such a powerful enemy?” But- then General Grimm came to me and reported Nocturnian spiesss have located an entrancesss to the High King’s palacessss. The Usssssurper cariesss the Elemental Helm with him at all timessss, but if we could destroy the Helm, perhapsss we could turn the tidesss and not all would be lossst.

General Grimm: If we can distract the Usurper long enough, perhaps a small raiding party could slip in and destroy the Helm and end the elemental threat.

*It occurs that the plan could work, and each guild leader quickly realizes the advantage to capturing the throne room. Before anyone else can speak, Artorius speaks up*

8697990738_a8ef1bafac_z.jpg

Artorious Rex: And I suppose Nocturnus volunteers to enter the city and storm the High King’s throne room while the rest of us die at the hands of Revolword’s elemental monsters!

Lord Sslither: We are, shall we say, well equipped to sssslide through the shadowsss and destroy the Helm.

Artorious Rex: And I suppose we can trust a viper like you to vacate the throne as soon as you have sunk your fangs into Revolword?

General Grimm: Silence pup, you are no worthy of addressing Lord Ssilyrrlith with such disrespect.

Artorious Rex: Pup? You insult Avalonia’s Lord? Do you consider yourself more than you’re Snake Lord’s mongrel pet wolf boy? Avalonia will not act as Nocturnus’s shield in this fight!

Elon Chorian: And so we are to believe Artorious would not place the crown on his head if he entered the thrown room as conquering victor? We could expect such restraint from the Dragon? From the one who already calls himself “Rex”? The one who already thinks he is the divine King? The mountain men refuse to allow the Avalonians anywhere near the crown. Rex and his mutt Sir Buress have long worn on my nerves. I would die before allowing the Dragon anywhere near the throne. Mitgardia should have this honor.

Erudhalion Sansael: And why should Kalphlin be so easily dismissed? Do we not have the greatest watchtowers and longest spears? Are we not the Lions of Historica? Kalphlin would rather see the Snake on the throne than the Bear!

Dextrus Flagg: SILENCE ALL OF YOU! It is clear our tender peace is reaching its end.

*A stranger strolls through the entrance with a companion*

8697991106_7170df8a84_z.jpg

Rego Amancio: Perhaps if you don’t trust each other, you would consider putting your faith in a perfect stranger!

Artorious Rex: Who are you?

Dextrus Flagg: This is Rego Amencio, leader of Varlyrio, the fifth guild of Historica.

Lord Sslither: *turns to Artorious* You would bring thisss stranger in to our circle and trusssst him to be true to hissss word?

Artorious Rex: I would trust a stranger as much as I would trust the Lion, Snake or Bear! But I did not call for his counsel. If he knew about this meeting- then perhaps we have a traitor in out midst!

Rego Amancio: Varlyrio has just as many spies as the guilds of Historica. Our island has yet to feel the wrath of the elemental terror, but we know the Usurper’s lust will never be fully fed. It is only time that separates our fate from all of Historica’s!

Dextrus Flagg: Varlyrio has long been allied with the Dragon and the Bear, which one of you toads brought this slime to our secret meeting place?

Lord Sslither: We should cut them down now before they have the chancesss to do the same to ussss!

Rego Amancio: I should cut out your serpent tongue Snake!

Trian Burress: Enough! We can not fight each other and survive the elemental storm, and it is equally clear we do not trust each other to enter the throne room alone. The only solution is to form a party made from all five guilds to storm the keep and destroy the Helm.

Erudhalion Sansael: And I suppose you volunteer yourself dog?

Trian Buress: I will do as my Lord commands.

Artorious Rex: And so I command. I will send Sir Burress to do this task. Who will represent the other guilds in this quest?

Dextrus Flagg: I send Erudhalion Sansael.

Lord Sslither: I sssend General Grimm.

Jarl Nibelung: I send Lord Elron Chorian.

Rego Amancio: I send Duke Vennicio.

Artorious Rex: Then it is decided, these five men will take the passage to Revolword’s throne room to destroy the Helm while the rest of us rally all our troops to storm the walls against the elemental monsters and the Hand of Corruption! In three days time, the assault shall begin.

*Outside Marecraft Manor*

8690356231_f8cb30978d_z.jpg

Artorious Rex: Though I fear the other guilds intentions are less than honorable, the elemental threat must end. I have sent the Green Riders to assemble all of Avalonia’s greatest heroes, for the assault. Legonardo here with me at Marecraft Manor-

Lord Arlindus at the Forest Watchtower of Circardia-

8698136686_ea9ab5cc8d_z.jpg

de Gothia watching the forges near the Kalphlin border

8698136408_3ea3819d08_z.jpg

And, Zakon Goldblade… I am sure you could guess where he can be found!

8691464340_d2ab884f07_z.jpg

(my sincere apologies to rogueang who's "hero habitat" was not completed in time).

Trian Burress: Yes m’Lord, we must rally everyone to ensure Victor does not suspect the assault on the throne room.

*Three days later, the assault of Cedrica begins. Though Mitgardia, Avalonia, Nocturnus and Kalphlin appear in full force, the Valyrians are missing. The Hand is backed in full force by Elemental Monsters, including a fierce fire Elemental and stinging wind Elemental.

8698061298_a62e288af1_z.jpg

8698061368_f21aa1b08e_z.jpg

*As the Hand and Victor’s Elemental monsters defend the walls, the Guild’s raiding party reaches Victor’s throne room*

Elon Chorian: It’s a miracle your Snake Lord even keeps you around mongrel. I didn’t see you slay a single enemy on our way to the throne. I thought the Nocturnians were great warriors! Maybe we should have allied with the Drow against your weak lands when we had the chance. It’s bad enough that the Dragon’s old dog is slowing us down, but to have dead weight like you is intolerable.

General Grimm: Bite your tongue ice grandpa, we’re here to destroy the Helm, not recount our kills.

Elon Chorian: Spoken like the sniveling weevil you are!

Erudhalion Sansael: Quiet, both of you. We are nearing the throne room.

General Grimm: I’ve caught a scent. It is Rellik and his elite guards. They are close at hand.

Elon Chorian: Finally, a use for the Snake’s pet! The nose always knows!

Trian Burress: No doubt it will take all of us to dispose of Rellik and his guards and battle Revolword. No rogues here, we must work together to finish this fight.

Duke Vennicio: Varlyrio will not share this glory with you lowly peasant, to victory! *Vennicio charges the Hand guards*

Elon Chorian: There goes our opportunity to surprise them.

Trian Burress: Quickly before Duke Vennicio gets his head returned to Varlyrio in a box!

*The heroes charge Rellik and his troops*

8695363364_168ba12c8e_z.jpg

*Battle ensues. Rellik is captured*

8695363436_07262343c6_z.jpg

Rellik Nam: And so the guilds have finally realized only their allied strength have any chance to take down Lord Revolword. I doubt it will do you much good. The Hand of Corruption lurks deeper than you can imagine. We have loyal members within your own ranks at every level and in every city! I have looked in your eyes, and I can see the lust for power has already corrupted a soul in your very group! This alliance doesn’t stand a chance, one will betray you all.

Duke Vennicio: Silence slime! We can not listen to this beast or he will corrupt us. We must cut out his foul tongue before he poisons us against each other!

*Grimm cleaves Rellik’s head from his body*

8694244347_2561b73b86_z.jpg

Elon Chorian: So quick to finish the job Grimm? Perhaps you are the soul in need of cleansing?

General Grimm: Nonsense, Duke Vennicio was right, we could not allow Rellik to speak our names and corrupt us. It had to be done.

Erudhalion Sansael: And the wolf has finally registered a kill. On a defenseless man no less. Elon is right, you were too quick to silence the corruptor!

Trian Burress: Perhaps we should take the Usurper before we blame Grimm for the collapse of Historica!

Elon Chorian: And now the Dragon’s pet asks us to ignore Rellik’s warning? Perhaps you too have your eye on the Throne Sir Burress.

Duke Vennicio: Again we argue when action is needed- for the glory! To the Usurper!

*Vennicio charges through the doors to the throne*

8695362860_5e6b5969f0_z.jpg

8695363160_3c647c8f3c_z.jpg

Victor Revolword: And so the Guilds of Historica have come to meet their doom! Guards, dispatch these slime!

*The heros pounce into action and destroy the slimey Hand soldiers*

8694244203_ba4b65aa69_z.jpg

Victor Revolword: Oh- the conquering heroes unite- *Duke Vennicio stabs Revolword and Valyrian guards enter the throne room*

8694244075_700a01bc57_z.jpg

Duke Vennicio: My first act of benevolence as your new king shall be to spare you all from the ramblings of a crazy old man!

Elon Chorian: King? I don’t see a crown on your head!

King Venniccio: Who needs a crown when I have the Elemental Helm! And now the Bear, Snake, Lion and Dragon will bow before the new king! King of the seas, and now king of your lands. With the Helm- Varlyrio shall pilot our vessels to take what should be ours! In fact, our storm troopers should be arriving at Historica’s doorstep now! Too long have we toiled on our island alone, too long have we been forgotten and ignored. We strike first at Nocturnus! I command all elementals to cover our withdrawal from Cerdica as we forge onto Nocturnus where today we shall claim the darklands as our own, and tomorrow, all of Historica!

General Grimm: Nocturnus will resist!

King Vennicio: I welcome your attempts, but we shall swat you down like flies on the rear of an megablocks! Guards, dispatch of these swine while I move our new army into position!

*The Valyrian guards back the heroes into a corner*

8696921819_a0f5045dc0_z.jpg

Trian Burress: Vennicio, you slimy sea serpent! Hand over the Helm and justice shall be swift!

King Vennicio: It appears I have the upper hand dog. Kill them all!

*The four guild leaders back up the four heroes*

8698045356_58d712b388_z.jpg

Artorious Rex: It seems the odds have been evened Eel. Prepare to feel the might of a united Historica!

*Fighting ensues and Vennicio is captured.*

8696921665_7a5021d695_z.jpg

King Vennicio: Even if you defeat me here, the Hand of Corruption rips your guilds from within. This peace won’t last a week! Jealousy, greed, resentment… Your guilds will be plunged into chaos! My troops have already reached Nocturnus. You know the garrisons there will fall! There is no victory for the guilds today!

*Vennicio reaches for a dagger and Dextrus Flagg cuts him down while Burress retrieves the Helm and shatters it with the Golden Axe*

8696921587_f09fed2378_z.jpg

General Grimm: No! Nocturnus needed that Helm to repel the Varlyrian invaders! You’ve doomed Nocturnus, if not from the sea people, than from the Drow. Curses Avalonian swine!

Elon Chorian: Sir Burress has only done what we sought to do. Destroy the Helm and end the elemental threat.

Lord Sslither: Yesss Elon, Burresss has completed the quest, but at what cossst? I assssume Avalonia will send its revered Flight of Dragonssss to repel the Valyrian invadersss!

Artorious Rex: Avalonia has its own rebuilding to do Snake. I would not send a single soul to your lands until ours are secure.

Trian Burress: M’lord, Nocturnus will need our assistance. We can not allow Varlyrio, the Hand of Corruption or the Drow conquer their lands. We must send them aid.

Artorious Rex: My command is to withdraw to the Pearl City. Any bannermen that follows you on this quest are on their own.

Trian Burress: I would rather be an outcast than a coward. Mesodraconem will help the Nocturnians!

Artorious Rex: If you ever return to Avalonia, be sure to knock first as it is no longer your home.

Jarl Nibelung: Enough, the Hand of Corruption retreats. The city is ours! Let us not bicker but rejoice in this great victory!

Dextrus Flagg: Rejoice? There is too much to be done to rejoice. We must find the King and purge the Hand of Corruption from our lands!

Jarl Nibelung: And if the King can not be found? What then? Who will protect the crown until the King can be found?

Artorious Rex: The question seems easy enough! Whoever holds the most Gold Deracis should hold the crown until the King returns. Let us have a final accounting of the riches we have assembled, and the leading guild shall hold control of the crown until the King can be found!

*The End… or is it?*

Historica- Chapter 2- Civil War!

Avalonians- you have a choice! Do you assist General Burress in Nocturnus and risk exile? Or do you rebuild your homes in Avalonia under the rule of the Artorious’ newly named protector? Artorious has ventured into the Dark Isles to seek out a new power to help lead Avalonia into its Golden Age. Choose your side, Avalonia, or as Artorious calls Sir Burress and those who seek to help the Nocturnians, “Evilonia”.

Noctunians- you also have a choice. Your lands and homes are in shambles. Do you seek refuge in another guild? Do you accept the rule of the Varlyrians? Or do you stay and fight along side your Avalonian allies? The Drow, Valyrians and Hand of Corruption have already formed an alliance calling themselves the “Black Spire”. The alliance welcomes any who will renounce Sslither and Historica. Choose your side, Black Spire or Nocturnus!

Mitgardians- It was rumored your guild was spared from most of the Elemental assault, but shortly after Revolword’s defeat, an earthquake rattled the mountains, causing avalanches and rock slides to swallow entire settlements. What’s worse, it has become known that the Hand of Corruption is amassing an army behind the rockslides deep inside the Mitgardian mountains. The Jarl has served you well as leader, but perhaps the chaos gives you an opportunity to seek new power. Will you join the Jarl as he seeks out the Hand in the mountains, or put in a bid to replace him? Choose your side, Mitgardia or your own splinter band, seeking to replace the Jarl.

Kalphlings- Dextrus Flagg has said even if the final accounting reveals Kalphlin to hold the most gold, he will lay no claim to the throne. Some believe he is no longer fit to rule. What’s more, a new power has sprung up in the desert, taking corporal form. While still weak from his awaking, the new King of the Desert (who many believe is a reincarnation of the High King) calls all Kalphlings feed up with Flagg’s leadership to drink the blood of the Desert Kings and claim their rightful place as Lords of Badlands. Will you remain loyal to Kalphlin’s government, or will you find new religion in the desert? Choose your side, Kalphlin, or the Desert Kings!

Valyrians- What happened? The forces that invaded Nocturnus do not include Rego Amancio. There are whispers Rego was betrayed by Vennicio and did not know of his plot to invade Nocturnus. The rest of Historica has heard nothing from the spies it sent to Valyrio. What is going on at the island? Is it embroiled in its own civil war? Or does the engine of war create new Valyrian storm troopers every day? Tell the story or what is happening in Valyrio, or join the Black Spire in the fight against Nocturnus.

You control the action! Fantastic Z, just fantastic. A blaze of glory. Well done on every scene and a brilliant story. Those working catapults are the bomb!

Le Roi est mort. Vive le Roi!

Allegiances, whatever. The PGTC is only in it for the money. We will trade with anyone. Those Valyrians look to be rich, maybe we can do some business.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

this is great! fantastic entry Z! Evilonia, or Avalonia? now that is the question...

Edited by Legonardo

WOW. E.P.I.C.

Your builds were spectacular, and so many. Even though it was a bunch of tight wearers, I was pumped up when you called on all the heroes of Avalonia and then showed their homes. That was really cool. Great job Z.

One note, I am pretty sure all of us Kaliphinites are too lazy to revolt against flagg... that lord of the badlands might be looking for new recruits.

excellent build. Enjoy seeing all the mini builds that go along with it! particularly the watch tower of Circardia! the PF use is great too, one day Ill figure that out!

Same here, no interest in the throne of Kaliphlin :laugh: but I do believe in convincing Lord Dextrus Flagg becoming vazal of the Empire of The Free Guilds (alongside with Ximus, Drakrydar, Atlarka and Amenor)!

Only real remark is the fact that the Drow never will work together with Varlyrians :wink:

I was checking this entry while there were some friends of me in here and I told them you were one of the best builders of this moment and I am pretty sure I was not exagerating :classic:

Really congratz on this entry!!! So many breathtaking detailing :cry_happy:

Wow, just wow, not only were all seven of your builds superb *oh2*

The storyline was well thought out and a great conclusion. Awesome to see the heroes of Avalonia assembled :excited:

Awesome! You have incredible builds here! The first and second is exactly your style. But my favorite part is that hand from the throne room. I am probably going to pick Avalonia instead of Evilonia. :grin:

These are all great! The builds are at such a large scale but they all have great detail, and I love the last one most of all, because of the large white hand rug! I also think the story is great too, and I love the options at the end--can't wait to see who would go with what side.

Wow, what a story, what an end! And so many great builds, I really envy your skills and bow down! Mitgardia or splinter group? Not really a question for any true Mitgardian!

Wow, what a story, what an end! And so many great builds, I really envy your skills and bow down! Mitgardia or splinter group? Not really a question for any true Mitgardian!

Indeed, Glorfindel will stay loyal :thumbup:

Awesome entry! So many builds to like... the manor, the forge, the shroom house, the palace... they all are great! :thumbup: If Mitgardia is the Bear, Nocturnus is the Snake, Kaliphlin is the Lion and Avalonia is the Dragon, what is Varlyrio?

Awesome! These are your best moc's ever. Marecroft Mannor is jaw dropping gorgeous. The hand mosaic looks amazing. You could double it as a LotR moc. Most impressive entry.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agre with the good captian, these are your best ever! Marecroft is eyecandy, the interior is fantastic too, your hero scenes are gorgeous (especially the forge, and berry's is a nice ol' laugh) the floor parterns on both your interiors are really ace. the wall technique on your gate looks awfully familiar...

I know i've said this before but this is amazing. you don't need luck, you've got it locked down.

so the civil war bit only applies if you win the thing correct?

WOW! These are great Z! What a fantastic entry this is. I love the hand mosaic in the floror and Zakon's house is great! As for loyalties....Saladus already chose when he put on the Druid's Helm.

so the civil war bit only applies if you win the thing correct?

Well there shall be a vote to determine which story becomes official lore of what happened in Historica, but where it goes after that is not yet clear. Those are my ideas of where Historica could go, but it would not be set in stone even if my version of events was made the official history.

Do you like the idea of having some intra-guild conflict for a while?

Do you like the idea of having some intra-guild conflict for a while?

sounds fun, some good challenges could come out of that, as well as cool stories, for a while, so thats like 2/3 months?

Congrats on your being TBBed!

Edited by Legonardo

Thanks LD. I saw that last night after our discussion on the topic. Kinda funny.

I suppose I should say which ones I would like scored.

Marcroft

Siege of Cedrica

Rellik's Last Patrol/Victor's Throne.

Wow, awesome entry, I really like that throne room, and I do like the suggestion for where the story should be heading as it would work well with the story intended for the moc we're constructing!

Brilliant work ZC, it's great to see that you've written the story to win (so to speak), very good ending and well thought out plots! Somewhat ironic title though... reminds me of my typo Untied...

Fantastic builds as well, especially Marcroft (absolutely love the transitioning from the Dark Grey rockwork to the Light Grey path) and the interior build (amazing hand mosaic!), but the battle scene is also fantastic and the hero builds are awesome too! Certainly one of the best, the fact that you so clearly outlined the future conflict (where a lot left it, myself included, perhaps a bit too open ended) is sure to tell in your favor!

Outstanding work here Z! Both with the story (and the end which I loved! More conflicts! GoH is to nice! :p) and the mocs! There are just so many things to look at and to be inspired from! Great work my friend!

Thanks everyone. This challenge really took a lot out of me as I am sure it did for several other people as well, but everyone made some really gorgeous MOCs and had some really cool ideas. Bravo to everyone!

Somewhat ironic title though...

It is a little odd considering where to go is civil war and complete non-unity, but the word "united" is said in the story several times and until Revolword received a sword to the belly and Valyrio betrayed everyone, the guilds were in fact united.

A stunning bunch of entries! The builds, story and presentation are all excellent. So many great details and lovely floor designs. Love the great ending and where it leads, great idea.

So many excelent builds here, where to start... I love Marecroft Manor, and the meeting room is amazing, the floor in particular really caught my eye. I also really like the throne room, the hand is so imposing. Really well done!