Hi everyone! Today we will focus on the most prominent Japanese automobile subcultures united in a single project - is primarily Drift and Bosozoku and combined them nimble Drift Van style Lego Technic running SBrick. But first things first.

So, as the drift, then it is clear, I think most people are familiar with this type of racing, which originated in Japan in the 60s of the last century, but in recent decades gained momentum and sickly popularity around the world.

But on bosozoku perhaps focus more.

1372161730_b_rossijskaja-drift-serija-2013.jpg

drifting

Bosozoku: rebellious tuning

"You will be outraged or surprised laugh. This unusual style will not leave you indifferent."

CP-bosozoku-1.jpg

141214875_0234db1b65_o.jpg?w=655&h=491

bosozoku_39.jpg

bosozoku

Bosozoku now - this is the fancy, colorful and absurd style tuning. Multimeter exhaust pipes of different colors and shapes made by the front bumper, radiator, distinguished by the meter skirts - it's all about him.

Especially important for bosozoku have tailpipes. They may take the form of lightning, stars, or simply face up - the main thing as high as possible above the roof of the machine. Colors are often inspired by the sports cars 80s. Also on these cars can often be seen learned from under the hood oil radiators. The third of the "pillars" of the style - the extended wheel arches and very wide wheels with narrow tires.

However, for me the primary cause of construction Drift Van served no information about the style of tuning bosozoku, but primarily drift since I once came across a video where the usual family minivan Toyota Hiace with installed engine 2JZ-GTE burned rubber and drift better than what some Silvia, or AE86, mark/chaser and other JDM cars.

t8BkZA0LvYc.jpg

Toyota Hiace

Externally, the model is a minivan-style bosozoku, he served as the prototype of the fifth-generation Toyota Hiace with extended arches of the body, and a huge roof spoiler and wheels with wide tires in the ala Stance superstretch - all to match the style. In front is a huge intercooler, installed in the cockpit roll cage and only one pilot's seat.

8SNElHFXg-s.jpg

2p-W1qJ2Mv0.jpg

R6JpMY0aMPA.jpg

cxRYxZruw2E.jpg

uLNm57JhvhE.jpg

n79SkQhHgnM.jpg

sfpwcGREYuw.jpg

IahUIncdHVM.jpg

QEquJD9UelM.jpg

_KUm78uCYfQ.jpg

The project is based on a new chassis with direct drive motor buggies. The highlight of the project was SBrick. I have no hesitation to say that it is a revolution in the world of Lego, and highly recommend Lego Group to launch this device in the series. In comparison with the IR receiver - is the earth and sky. From the experience of using a buggy engines running IR receivers say that management is very unstable, even in an apartment, with a minimum of sunlight (which is a strong hindrance to the infrared receivers). When the model is carried at high speed and it is necessary to turn or stop - very important quick response to steering, which the original Lego Receivers can not provide. As a result - a pair of torn pieces from the collision with an obstacle, at best.

With SBrick things are much different. First, it has the ability to soft start the motor connected - whether servo motor, motor buggy, M, L or XL - it does not matter. Buggy engine can now drive slowly! It is important.

Secondly, one SBrick replaces two conventional receiver because 4 ports - in models with 3-4 motorized functions - is a huge plus in terms of saving space.

Thirdly, SBrick works in another wavelength range, which means that now there is no need to lift up the receiver as high as possible, or in a car, for example, to do for him a special hole in the roof, so that the model could then go to the control. Thus, SBrick can drown somewhere in the bowels of the model so that no one will notice.

But there SBrick one clear, in my view, the lack of - software. Namely, the lack of support for, let's say, not yet old, but not new operating systems. With Apple - no problem, On Windows - not tried, but with Android has school in the form that the program supports the version of Android 4.3 or higher. At the same time on Android, not all devices are able to upgrade to 4.3, some decided to stay at 4.2.2 and no more. So when you buy, make sure that your device meets this parameter.

btxBMm7oPh0.jpg

3zyyq6nhfS0.jpg6XTPnMqu8rQ.jpgC21LZmEMpLk.jpg

7iLQLOI9vJ8.jpg

0ncz9WOK3Qc.jpg

W-HEVou_RC8.jpg

0Ab9UP3V6WI.jpg

8i5e2KsCngI.jpg

IbAyf57qb8Y.jpg

XlCzwXkjKRM.jpg

KSKIaK8hgfo.jpg

9J_XNEVL3qY.jpg

nfPgnVgLpWM.jpg

CQCQI-6lS0E.jpg

y4scIhvyQpM.jpg

0w7ep8g_n9s.jpg

OIBxu4kjBE8.jpg

Rp8FltSm_jU.jpg

hjtyumDaGWs.jpg

xXNKDjpB-7E.jpg

iRWicAyQ_GI.jpg

General Specifications Drift Van:

Weight - 820 gram

Length / width / height - 47/19/17 (370/151/135) Stud (mm)

Number of pieces - 790 pieces.

Drive - rear-wheel

Electrics:

Buggy motor - movement;

Servo motor - steering

SBrick or IR V2 receiver - remote control.

Small battery box

Well, this thing drives like a beast. I also dig the stickers, in particular the "new driver" one.

I didn't notice the "new driver" one, but I'm love with the HOONIVAN one :blush:

Why did you do that to the tires? I guess it has something to do with better drift, but I'm not sure I understand.

I didn't notice the "new driver" one, but I'm love with the HOONIVAN one :blush:

Why did you do that to the tires? I guess it has something to do with better drift, but I'm not sure I understand.

it is more a style than practical use

Stretched_tyres_image_credit_Import_Tuner_magazine.jpg

Thanks! I had no idea how this can possibly work, never seen it before!

Cool van! Great job on the body work. Esp. the white lines on the side.

Maybe you should give a try to drive it without the tires? Just the wheels. I saw this on RC drift cars on an exihibition.

Very creative MOC. I love the radiator, and the rear spoiler. Very brash. The stickers are great as well.

You were right that this style rarely leaves people indifferent. I enjoy drifting, but these seem like circus clown cars. With that said, what you have created is certainly entertaining and I give you two thumbs up. It looks fun to drive, but I wouldn't want to be seen in that van.

v/r

Andy

JDM mafia!:) we need more

Stuff like this! Super!