Henjin_Quilones

The Chronicles of Hesperia, Vol. 1, Ch. 1: The Fireball

The Chronicles of Hesperia

Vol. 1: The Sky Man

Ch. 1: The Fireball

An eerie stillness in the forest caused Galaria to proceed through the trees with extra caution. Her elven ears heard nothing of an enemy, no tramp of hobnailed goblin boots or steel-clad orc feet, nor even the steady thud of the dwarves. Gilgalë had his ear to the ground, but he could feel no vibration of footsteps, not even of a running deer, and Farmir in the treetop could see nothing amiss in the woods in their vicinity. But something had caused the birds and insects to stop their chirps.

Galaria mounted on her trusty wolfsteed, Laika, and left her companions behind at the camp to run a quick perimeter patrol. Meeting nothing strange that would cause the stillness, she returned to the others at the foot of the rock formation by the stream. Looking up just then, she saw, streaking across the sky, a massive fireball. Two smaller objects, smoking and leaving a trail, followed the first.

27536017374_f386e72f24_z.jpg

Galaria climbed the rocks to get a better look at the unusual phenomenon. Gilgalë and Farmir rushed to get a glimpse of it as well. Even Laika wanted to see the fireball.

28151815745_04651b4af2_z.jpg

Soon the fireball had vanished out of sight behind the trees, but not long afterwards they all felt the ground shake as though a giant hammer had smashed into it.

“What was that?” asked Gilgalë.

“I do not know, but the fireball and the tremor occurred too close together for them to be unconnected,” Galaria said. “Let us go investigate!”

28214922726_d7bfa405bd.jpg

Thanks for reading! C&C welcome. This is my first MOC in GoH. I know the picture quality could be better, but I lack Photoshop and a really nice camera, so I made do with what I had. More adventures in the Chronicles of Hesperia await!

More pics of the MOC:

27870182200_267a739162_n.jpg

27536274223_e07d9545c3_n.jpg

27870181560_86e165a99e_n.jpg

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Nice vignette !

I like your elvish trees !

And intriguing story too. I will look forward to see it develops.

Good job !

Nice one. I particularly like the ornate base. The towel doesn't really work as a background, a sheet or a neutral coloured piece of card, paper or even a roller blind would be a better option. Also, if you have the time, learning some basic photoshop or GIMP will really improve your photos.

Nice vignette !

I like your elvish trees !

And intriguing story too. I will look forward to see it develops.

Good job !

Thanks!

Nice one. I particularly like the ornate base. The towel doesn't really work as a background, a sheet or a neutral coloured piece of card, paper or even a roller blind would be a better option. Also, if you have the time, learning some basic photoshop or GIMP will really improve your photos.

Yes, I realize the towel is not a good option, but it was the best thing I had on hand. My situation is not ideal, being between houses in a drawn-out move, so hopefully next time I will have access to more and better choices.

Also, are there free versions/equivalents of Photoshop out there? I do not really want to pay for it for my limited use.

That fireball is awesome, and I like all the different computer trees!

Excellent build! The trees are all superb and I really like the ground layering :thumbup:

That angled rock is fantastic too! :classic:

A very nice Build!

Looking good, I too look forward to more :classic:

That fireball is awesome, and I like all the different computer trees!

I really like the rock spire leaning out over the river :thumbup: Excellent border as well :classic:

Excellent work! The fireball is very nice.

Excellent build! The trees are all superb and I really like the ground layering :thumbup:

That angled rock is fantastic too! :classic:

The trees are really cool!

Love the figs too.

Thanks everyone! The trees were quite fun to make (I guess that's why I chose Avalonia) and the fireball just kind of came to me as I stared at the unused pieces of the six sets that I currently have at my disposal (I bought a little tree-heavy, I suppose). That rock formation used up all of my dark and light bley pieces, so I look forward to getting my regular pieces back soon to build a tower or castle-type moc. Or at least a decent cliff.

Brilliant job on your first GoH moc, Henjin. :sweet: What a beautiful forest scene and great introduction to your story. I really like your trees especially the angle and colours of the foliage. The detailing on the front border is lovely as well.

Brilliant job on your first GoH moc, Henjin. :sweet: What a beautiful forest scene and great introduction to your story. I really like your trees especially the angle and colours of the foliage. The detailing on the front border is lovely as well.

Thanks! I like trees, one of the reasons I chose the Enchanted Forest region and Avalonia. Hopefully I can get another up in the next month or so. I should be getting my full contingent of bricks back in a week, and I am excited about the building possibilities that will present for my story.

Really Nice little moc here! The colours fits very well in with Avalonia and our mystic forests!!

Great intro for your first build into GOH. The pointed rock protruding over the river is a nice touch!

Edited by Blufiji

Great vignette! The colors really capture that mystical forest look and the cliff over the river is definitely a nice touch. I also liked the comet design.

It seems you're the one I've been waiting for. The one who actually brings the Elvish nation of Avalonia to life. They were kind of underrepresented for a while now. The forest display fits well for enchanted elven woods. Hope to see larger parts of your Elven settlement in the future.

It seems you're the one I've been waiting for. The one who actually brings the Elvish nation of Avalonia to life. They were kind of underrepresented for a while now. The forest display fits well for enchanted elven woods. Hope to see larger parts of your Elven settlement in the future.

Thanks! They should be coming soon(ish). I'm nearly to the end of my long, brick-less wait this summer. My first few builds for the story will not be particularly elvish, but then there will be a bunch laying out one of my settlements in some detail.

And thank you for the kind words, everyone!

Great first build! I like how the build is reminiscent of the Elves theme but also has a unique touch and a lot of detail.