Sign in to follow this  
gcanik

Winter Village: The Blue Snow Store

indexed.gif B-OV-24A

This is the Blue Snow Store, a specialized snowboarding store and lounge located on mainstreet in downtown Brickenridge (my fictional mountain town based on Breckenridge, CO [which is a whole other creation that is currently taking shape and hope to finish before Christmas]).

The exterior of the building is decked out with holiday decorations - a large wreath over the door and a stocking on one side of the buidling.

The first floor of the building is the sales floor containing display stands for hanging snowboards and helmets. In the two front windows are a male and female full body snowboader outfits. Above the main front door is 50" flat screen LCD television to show snowboarding videos and live feeds from the runs on the mountain slopes. The second floor is a lounge area for snowboarders to relax and chill out on a couch and chair. A small christmas tree is in one corner and an i-home speaker system is on the small table cranking out tunes from an ipod.

Along side the building are two other winter time creations. One is a bench in front of a fire pit where a kid is roasting marshmellows. The other scene depicts a sculptor carving out a train engine out of snow and ice for the local community ice/snow carving competition. In his hand is a water spray bottle to refreeze surfaces as he carves.

This "set" contains 7 minifigures and clocks in at roughly 717 pieces.

img_4780.jpg

img_4771.jpg

img_4775.jpg

img_4762.jpg

img_4760.jpg

More pictures can be found at http://mocpages.com/moc.php/298837

Thanks for viewing and good luck to all the contestants this year. :classic:

Nice snow board shop 'gcanik', I really like the docking station stereo on the upper storey. :thumbup:

Neat snow train....very original ! :grin:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On in the snow 'gcanik' ! :grin:

I've heard of yellow snow, but blue snow? :grin:

I think the snow sculpture is my favorite part! I've seen quite a few of those and yours represents them well. The details on the building give it a realistic and interesting look.

Interesting build. Nicely done. My most favorite part is the marshmallow scene. I'd almost put a dark brown 1x1 round plate instead of the white (to make it look like it is getting nicely burnt). Although that might look like something else altogether in lego form. Haha.

Keep up the good work. Good luck in the contest.