Sign in to follow this  
filospinato

Arena Beasts

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So I modeled up a Reek a while back, but didn't get anywhere on the Nexu. Today, I had some ideas rattling around in my head and decided to try and get them into digital format. I tried for a decidedly feline look for the Nexu. The tail will surely change, as LDD won't allow for illegal connections :devil: . Enjoy

LDDScreenShot13-1.png

LDDScreenShot12-1.png

Nice design. I would really like to see them in real bricks. Have you thought about adding a little more profile to the heads?

Very nice. I think they're instantly recognizable though I'd say that perhaps the Aacklay looks a little chunky though. I think increasing the length of the lower legs by just one or two studs would sort that out though it's still nice as is. The Nexu may be a little flimsy if it's ever goign to be made in real bricks but who cares? these look awesome :wub:

Edited by Rocketbilly

This looks very nice. I especially like the shaping of the reek, but it seems a bit short.

Great job :thumbup:

Not bad. I see some nice parts usage here, like the jackhammers for feet as Hobbestimus mentioned. You could take this to the next level by building the arena around them (or at least part of it). :sweet: Are you planning to make these with real bricks?

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Nice job on the Nexu filospinato, it's very scraggly looking just like the real thing.

Reek's head design is brilliant. You captured the colour, horns and everything! I recall Nexu being a more sandy colour though. am I right? And the Aacklay stands a bit taller?

I may be wrong though. Good renditions anyway.

Thanks for the comments. The Acklay isn't my design, I reverse engineered it from that 2 minute LEGO movie that recounts all of the PT. I may take a shot at my own in the future. The Reek is a bit chubby looking, I should probably lean it out a bit and give the legs more height. The Nexu may very well be closer to tan than white, I'll go back and check.

I am planning on building these in bricks, I'll post the results when I get them assembled.

Thanks again for the comments and criticisms.

Edited by filospinato

Awsome creatures. It would be awsome to see them built in real and maybe build the posts that Ani, Obi and Padme are chaned to. My be you could work on it and get it ready for the Star Wars Commuity build for Eposode 2 in a few months.

Nice work, Hope to see them as real models too. I agree as well, they are very reconizable.

As others have said very clever use of the jackhammers as the feet.

What is this 2 minute Lego movie?

I would like to compare your version as it seems quite well done.

I've only really seen these in Lego form in the LSW III videogame :laugh:

What is this 2 minute Lego movie?

Here it is.

Also, here are some more pics from LDD, different views and closeups to get a better idea of how these go together.

Enjoy!

LDDScreenShot14-1.png

LDDScreenShot15-1.png

LDDScreenShot16-1.png

LDDScreenShot17.png