Superkalle

Most wanted decorations for next LDD update

We have a topic for most wanted bricks in the next release of LDD. But wanted decorations tend to get lost in there. So I thought it was time we put some focus on them with a fresh new topic :classic:

So go ahead and start wishing. And be sure to add a link to BrickLink (or include a small thumbnail) so it's easy to see exactly which decoration you are refering to.

EDIT: while we're at it, let's also include multiple colored elements, like this and this and this

I'd like to have classic minifig faces printed in 'ninety.

At start LEGO uses only one face, but later starts to create different decorations (faces with moustaches, glasses, female faces). Now there are tons of face decoration with different expressions, but in the past there was only an expression but some different elements.

Perhaps these decorations are not so many that can be included in LDD.

Here is a list of the faces, many of them are very common.

I'm sure that this doesn't belong here (Couldn't find a better place. Reference Topic?) but I just noticed that a few Star Wars face decorations disappeared from LDD! These include Darth Maul, Zev Senesca/Rebel Pilot and the Imperial Pilot printings. I'd love to know where they've gone.

Just some more military, apocalypse or futuristic decorations ! like some bulletholes, military minifig torso decorations, a futuristic touchscreen computer, ...

@thereallegocy

You should refer to LEGO official parts, maybe inserting a link (from a LEGO catalogue site such as bricklink) of the desired decoration.

I read there was alot of decorations added to 4.3.6 just waiting for them to be unveiled so we might get some of what weve been asking for.

It is possible to extract the contents of the db.lif found in the LDD Roaming Files.. which includes both the DecorationMapping XML document and Decoration png files. Aanchir will probably have a file up in the LDD Reference topic with all of the new decorations soon enough, though it may take a little time due to the sheer amount of new ones.

Well Im just looking to help the process along considering there is so many this time around. How can I extract the db.lif I cant seem to even find it in the LDD folder.

Personally, I wish for the rest of the partially implemented themes to be complete, that is:

More Pirates II Decorations, I especially crave for Captain Brickbeard's, Imperial Admiral's and Soldiers' torsos...

Fantasy Era (or Kingdoms) Castle minifigs, including armor decals.

All Agents theme decorations, Torsos & legs (Agents and dr. Inferno especially), rest of the heads (I think Firearm's face is way more cooler than Sawfist's), more tile and slope decos.

CMF Series 9 and, maybe later 10 (If there also will be parts from series 10)

Also, Legend of Chima helmets without printing are pretty much pointless..... :wink:

I do not have wish for any particular decoration, but I would like to have possibility to decorate the technic panels.

If LDD team will not include any decoration for them, it is ok, I will use custom decorations in LDD2POVRay, but decoration surface cannot be "custom" added so at least adding thoses decoration surfaces would be nice.

I want lego atlantis decoration please ... :blush:

Edited by Calabar
: Post moved inside the proper topic.

I want lego atlantis decoration please ... :blush:

Not sure which LEGO Atlantis decorations you're talking about. To be honest, LDD already has quite a sizable number of LEGO Atlantis decorations: most of the human minifigure faces as well as the sea creature faces from the first wave. Even the headgear decorations for the Squid Warrior, Manta Warrior, and Shark Warrior are included, but in that case the problem is that the pieces (87756, 87757, and 87758) don't have any decoration surfaces mapped to them. Likewise, all the decorations for the five treasure keys released in 2010 sets are on LDD, but again, no decoration surfaces are mapped for that part. So these are definitely ways that the parts could be improved.

Not sure which LEGO Atlantis decorations you're talking about. To be honest, LDD already has quite a sizable number of LEGO Atlantis decorations: most of the human minifigure faces as well as the sea creature faces from the first wave. Even the headgear decorations for the Squid Warrior, Manta Warrior, and Shark Warrior are included, but in that case the problem is that the pieces (87756, 87757, and 87758) don't have any decoration surfaces mapped to them. Likewise, all the decorations for the five treasure keys released in 2010 sets are on LDD, but again, no decoration surfaces are mapped for that part. So these are definitely ways that the parts could be improved.

Thanks for the reply, but actually I did not find any atlantis decoration in ldd

And I wish I could find a lxf of her .