Brickdoctor

[MOC] UCS B1 Battle Droid

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4947307950_03fbc29a9a_z.jpg

Not much to say, watch this- I can describe it in one sentence: the UCS B1 which debuted in my UCS STAP is fully articulated; he can walk, assume different battle positions, and fold up for storage in an MTT rack; he has nineteen axis of movement, which makes him as poseable as an action figure; he took approximately 4 days to construct; for comparison, a minifig would reach about up to his knee- there, what did I tell you; all in one sentence- never doubt the power of the semicolon and the conjuction, I mean, have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? :laugh:

As always, see more, including pics of the B1 unfolding from storage position, on MOCpages and Flickr.

C&C welcome, thanks for looking!

12833092792_SPLASH.jpg

12833092813_SPLASH.jpg

Nicely done Doc, you got the overall look of the BD right. Though I see a lot of unstable illegal connections, particularly the clip-to-clip connections. It looks like the model is more for display purposes only and not intended for playing. I like the construction of the head and the backpack, but the clip for the mechanical arms looks kinda small IMO.

There are lots of clever attachment methods here, although it must be rather fragile. You clearly put a lot of work into this.

I like these better than the technic ones lego released a few years ago..

but it would be nice if the insides of the legs were also tan...just my thought

Very nice job on this, I like all the detail you put into it! The color is perfect as well!

But to have it be a "UCS" It should probably be a bit bigger.

the hand for the chin. :thumbup:

Vocoder :grin:

Nice! Did you make all of those droid or did you just 'shop it? :laugh:

'Shopped it. I used Paint.NET and added different levels of blur to create the depth perspective.

I like these better than the technic ones lego released a few years ago..

but it would be nice if the insides of the legs were also tan...just my thought

Those pieces aren't available in tan. (or at least, if they are, I definitely don't have any)

But to have it be a "UCS" It should probably be a bit bigger.

It's too big to be Miniland-scale and it's not a macro build, so it's UCS-scale.

Just, noticed this: why'd you use a flesh hand when they are available in tan?

It's likely that he didn't have three, they're quite rare.

I like this, it's a ncie little build. Well done!

Edited by The Legonater

It's likely that he didn't have three, they're quite rare.

I like this, it's a ncie little build. Well done!

I actually do have three- the two on the torso are off of Bib Fortuna, but I forgot to replace the vocoder flesh hand with a tan one from Luminara Unduli before I took pics.

Hello!

Very authentic look of a battle droid. :classic: With many clip/clip-connections. I guess that's the perfect way to get the filigree look of the battle droid construction. No wonder they go hacked off their arms so readily during the battle of Naboo. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Cool! I guess it's my fault that I didn't see it, but MOCPages is slow on my computers, so I just don't click on those links anymore :sadnew:

BTW, I just noticed the gun, and it is awesome!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

12833092041_DISPLAY.jpg

This makes me appreciate your UCS MOC much better. This folding mechanism is what makes these rather "dumb and ineffective" BDs somehow special. How I wish the BD MFs can fold the same way.

Cool! I guess it's my fault that I didn't see it, but MOCPages is slow on my computers, so I just don't click on those links anymore :sadnew:

BTW, I just noticed the gun, and it is awesome!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

It runs slowly on every computer. :cry_sad:

Wow this is just great I love that blaster and the way it folds up :thumbup: This is great im gonna have to make one off these :classic:

Let me warn you- be prepared for immense frustration and loss of sleep.

Great! Not so sure if it can be called UCS, but anyway...

It seems a little weak at some points, though, mainly at the joints linking the arms and legs. Maybe if they were improved it would be sturdier overall.