Sebeus I

[MOC] Submarines: Mantis and Leviathan

Update 28/06/2014: third submarine coming up (surfacing :wink: ).

Two exploration submarines,

The yellow one is named Leviathan and the blue one goes by the name Mantis.

1submarines.jpg

dsc01399k.jpg

dsc00755.jpg

dsc00775.jpg

dsc01417.jpg

dsc01299k.jpg

dsc01351s.jpg

dsc01342s.jpg

dsc01312k.jpg

dsc01375k.jpg

dsc01362k.jpg

The Swordfish, a reconnaissance submarine:

1.jpg

dsc02959.jpg

dsc02973.jpg

I created the underwater effect by placing a transparent blue panel in front of the lens :wink: .

dsc02979.jpg

The top of the submarine is detachable to reveal the interior, not that there is much interior, just enough room to fit a minifigure.

dsc02993.jpg

dsc02995.jpg

I hope to inspire atleast someone to join me in my quest to get the Aquazone back up and running :sweet: .

We need more submarines and underwater bases.

More pictures can be found at my brickshelf Gallery:

Leviathan

Mantis

Swordfish

Edited by Sebeus I

Such a classic design, similar-looking yet unique. I like the details on the blue one especially :thumbup:.

Nice models! I see your stickers from the Cement Mixer set are starting to peel too :tongue:

Perhaps next you could make the Shark Submarine from TinTin?

Snappy and clean. Elegant and classic design with lots of well-thought features and details. The interior on the blue one is especially nice. Is that a custom decal, or some 1x4 printed brick I have not seen? I really like the toothed axel cap on the clear 1x1 stud piece for the scope, and I always enjoy a turntable without the turning piece. Whatever that technique is called.

I like how you used the blue concrete mixers. There are very few people who have used them in a good way.

Nice models! I see your stickers from the Cement Mixer set are starting to peel too :tongue:

Perhaps next you could make the Shark Submarine from TinTin?

Thanks, it is on my mind but for the moment I find it extremely difficult to make a minifigure scale version.

I did make a shark submarine based on that one though.

convoysmall.jpg

But as you can see it lacks a canopy (it does have room for a minifigure).

Both of these subs are great! They look like they could be scouring Earth's oceans right now.

Snappy and clean. Elegant and classic design with lots of well-thought features and details. The interior on the blue one is especially nice. Is that a custom decal, or some 1x4 printed brick I have not seen? I really like the toothed axel cap on the clear 1x1 stud piece for the scope, and I always enjoy a turntable without the turning piece. Whatever that technique is called.

Thanks, it's a printed 1x4 tile, here's the bricklink reference.

Thank you, I'm working on a third one in a red color scheme.

I do love these submarines. :wub: I feel this is something that Lego does not make enough of.

Edited by Legoman123

I really like the blue one! I've been thinking lately about how to make some midget subs for patrol/coastal defense in my setting (as well as some pirate mini-subs), and that one has got me thinking again....

Thanks, it is on my mind but for the moment I find it extremely difficult to make a minifigure scale version.

I did make a shark submarine based on that one though.

convoysmall.jpg

But as you can see it lacks a canopy (it does have room for a minifigure).

Cool submarine! I love how it looks small at first, but can still fit a minifig.

If you need more ideas, perhaps you could do a MOD on the Penguin's sub from the Batman line? I mean the 08 version, not the other one.

Cool submarine! I love how it looks small at first, but can still fit a minifig.

If you need more ideas, perhaps you could do a MOD on the Penguin's sub from the Batman line? I mean the 08 version, not the other one.

I checked it out, the older one as well.

I may try a variant :wink: .