AlmightyArjen

My girlfriend was away for the weekend...

A few weeks back my girlfriend was away for the weekend. Since a few months we're living in a temporary rental house (a new house is being constructed right now) and this house has a nice big living room/kitchen. So I took the opportunity to build some nice long bridges and set up a huge layout. Ofcourse a video has been shot!

Enjoy :classic:

H*ly moly. That's cool! Those bridges are epic!

That's impressive. How on earth did you manage to build all that in a weekend?

Maybe it is easier to setup your tracks than mine 12v-tracks?

I did the same once and needed 3-4 days for half the size layout with 12v.

AWESOME layout, those bridges are fantastic and the lighting up in the night......even more AWESOME ! :grin:

Brick On 'AlmightyArjen' ! :grin:

Cool. I seem to recall that something like this done when the girlfriend was away previously. :wink:

Were the trains automated?

Cool. I seem to recall that something like this done when the girlfriend was away previously. :wink:

Were the trains automated?

Yes, I don't want to bother my girlfriend by claiming the living room when she's at home so when she's gone for a weekend, I grab my chance :grin: The trains were not automated, there are two crossings that are automated and one level crossing. There were 5 trains running, all with their own loop.

Excellent! Though I'd hate to imagine what might happen if she took a trip for a week (grin), but I'm sure I'd be impressed with the results.

You seriously need a Lego room of your own. Will there be one in your new home?

Wow, you even added lights. Very cool, I especially love the bridge. Jangbricks eat your heart out. :laugh: :laugh: Great job my friend. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Thanks for all the nice comments!

You seriously need a Lego room of your own. Will there be one in your new home?

Yes! I'm getting the greater part of the attic all for myself. The surface will be less big than in the above video though. But the most positive point is that I can build more complex automated systems as I can set it up and leave it like that. Now I have to set it all up in the living room, commission it and shoot a video in one weekend. Especially commissioning takes a lot of time and when I can leave the layout like it is, it's gonna be less stressful for sure :)

Arjen, your girlfriend needs to go away for the weekend more often. :moar::wink::moar:

Great set-up as always and love the mini captions.

Did the pirate lad pay for his ticket?

Oh, you'll need to send out the maintenance crew to pick up that stray red barrier that can be seen on the screen grab. :classic:

Very nice layout and I enjoyed seeing the trains moving off in such an automated fashion.

What was her reaction when she returned?

She returned when the trains were still running. Here reaction: "OMG, sooo much work! And I didn't know Lego trains could make such a noise!". 5 running trains in a hollow living room generate indeed a lot of noise...

Oh, you'll need to send out the maintenance crew to pick up that stray red barrier that can be seen on the screen grab. :classic:

There's a funny story about that. We saw that there was one barrier missing, but we couldn't find it anywhere. It turned out that the HE train had pushed it along the bridge, dumping it beside the rails on the other side of the room :D

Very nice layout and you are also a lucky man if she only said "OMG". My wife would say much more...

"My girlfriend was away for the weekend..."

I didn't' know what to expect with that title

Amazing! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What a great new layout AlmightyArjen!!! :excited:

Is nice to see all those trains run on this amazing railway line, and the wide bridges are epic! :wub:

As usual your musics & videos are on top ...and the comics inside the scenes are the icing on the cake! :laugh: