Maxim I

[BOBS Lay-out] BMW 16 with Maxim, Titus, Tomsche & Sebeus

Participants: Maxim I (ESL), TitusV (ESL), Tomsche (COR), Sebeus (OLE), LJ Hornblower (Nat), Peter G. (Pirates)

Story 1: Flotilla In Need

On a chilly morning, Lord Damaximus and his fiancee Margot, Lady Elysabeth and Lord Smaugton were doing business in Quinsville.

25748319064_cfe49a7180_c.jpg

After talking recent politics and the death of King Stephan of Oleon, the Eslandolans boarded their ships and set sail. The Purple Rain and Golden Star headed for Elysabethtown to take in provision for their further voyage.

26353221845_06241fa647_c.jpg

The ship passed some of the newly discovered islands (especially the one with the cannibals was interesting)...

25750470833_17327fc70d_c.jpg

The so peacefull voyage stopped abruptly when the two shipped crossed the "Beatrix" and "Pegasus", both ships under command of promising Oleon admiral Sebeus.

Out of the blue, the Beatrix started firing at the Purple Rain....

25750467593_870feb0fc1_c.jpg

Luckily for the "Purple Rain" and "Golden Star", the Eslandolan flagship "Margot" set sail out of Elysabethtown...

25717914874_0abab68e5a_c.jpg

25748376954_d94ab91a0e_c.jpg

The moment the crew of "Beatrix" saw the "Margot" getting near, they stopped their fire and tried to flee ...

26353226005_960b8a6a23_c.jpg

26260847562_e1c9f2e661_c.jpg

Together with the "Margot", the Eslandolan flotilla managed to arrive safely in Elysabethtown...

Story 2: The Arise of Pirate Captain Sebeus

Back in his young days, Sebeus dreamed of being the greatest Oleon admiral ever. As a young kid, he always played with wooden ships and knew the tricks of sailing better than most so called captains...

His talents didn't remain unknown, and he was spotted by the high admirallity of Oleon. King Stephan himself took care of the boy and tought him everything he knew. Due the many hours spent together, Sebeus saw King Stephan as his Godfather.

So the moment King Stephan died due to a mysterious reason, Sebeus felt betrayed by his Oleon brothers and went rogue. He took the "Beatrix", the ship he was promised to command one day and together with the "Pegasus", they set sail to the unknown.

The first vessels they came across were flying the "Eslandolan flag". 'Perfect' Sebeus thought as he had heard the rumours of the Eslandolan King claiming the Oleon throne.

After the first salvo, someone was suddenly yelling "Margot". Sebeus got a chill. Even with the "Beatrix", he had was match against the pride of Terra Versa, so he ordered to stop firing and set sail again.

He also knew he would not be welcome in Oleon's society anymore. And thus he started the legend of Captain Sebeus, the new terror of the Brickseas...

25750461403_98721beef9_c.jpg

[OOC] as many have noticed, real life Sebeus is not that active anymore due to real life. Still, he was very surprised to hear the King of Oleon had died as it was named after him and he set up Oleon.

As he will still be too busy the upcomming months, he proposed to become a NPC pirate captain (like Bloody Bill for example). He hopes to get amnesty when he has building time again...

So at Ska, you got a new Pirate Captain to add in the next MRCA!!!

Story 3: The revenge on an Oleon Trader

Not long after the previous events, a group of Eslandolans managed to sneak by a small Oleon Trade ship and captured it. The moment they went aboard, the Oleon cowards surrendered.

25750416503_41e9ca437c_c.jpg

26080304450_09af2248d0_c.jpg

[OOC] we asked first permission if we may capture the ship. Yes Tomsche, we Eslandolans first ask if we MAY capture a ship instead of just capturing it....

The BoBS lay-out at Brickmania Wetteren 2016

26260799642_c673fd7e7f_c.jpg

25750438253_0c8ebe3837_c.jpg

26353185105_194dd6f3e5_c.jpg

26286941301_1e7c9958fc_c.jpg

26286942741_2f5800804a_c.jpg

26286945501_f8dfba14fc_c.jpg

26260802022_a30bdd1044_c.jpg

26327236976_050b89b359_c.jpg

26286965701_a7ede3bda6_c.jpg

26286968531_e0c8f91138_c.jpg

26353203285_4bde74150e_c.jpg

26327260006_853cf48bf8_c.jpg

26286997841_d135617ed2_c.jpg

26286999521_1287b60bd8_c.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!

It was a very nice weekend!

Next Brickmania Bobs Lay-out: Limburg (Belgium) 27 & 28 august.

More BoBS lay-outs can be found here

Edited by kabel

great layout you mates! Can't wait to be part of the pirate layout with you fun guys!

Very nice work!

You guys have the blue plates! We needed some of those for Brick Fest Live last year! lol

Great layout! The splash from cannon fire is a great idea. I'm going to have to steal that idea. :pir-classic:

Thanks for sharing and showing off Pirate Lego and BoBS. :thumbup:

Twas great fun, even though I could pop by for a chat only sporadically

Edited by Tomsche

This is one awesome layout wub_drool.gif Great recruitment drive for BoBS, I suppose default_laugh_new.gif

You guys must have had some tremedous fun thumbup.gif

To be clear, and before any rumors arise, Captain Sebeus' true home will always be Oleon. It'd be cool if someone could forward this message to him, as he is operating in uncharted waters.

There's no reason to ask for amnesty, as he has always been and will ever be welcome amongst our ranks. Real life can sometimes get in the way of what really matters in life - plastic default_laugh2.gif - but that will pass, and Lego will remain. We hope to see you soon back home in Oleon, Captain Sebeus! For now, good hunting... just, please don't confuse green with blue flags! default_blink.gif

This was huge! ...

Wait untill you see Antwerp! :laugh:

Great weekend guys, I loved IT! A pity it's so long to BM Limburg

Hahaha, great job!

Some general notes:

- Margot was transported in one piece and she survived the transport twice

- for Antwerp, I'll have a lay-out plan. Not everyone appreciates my "we'll see what we do when we are there" approach :p especially not because I was a little late in set-up hahaha :p

- I promise also to have dustfree ships in Antwerp :p

- Margot has moved in the lay-out to every corner, without collapsing masts. The ships of Sebeus were labelled as "can't touch this" :p

- I still think purple is a nice colour for a ship... Haters gonnna keep hating :p

- the animals of Sebeus (yes they were magnificent) don't like minifigs... It was ofcourse a nice opportunity for us to put a minifig on his island every time Sebeus wasn't watching :p

Hahaha, great job!

Some general notes:

- Margot was transported in one piece and she survived the transport twice

- for Antwerp, I'll have a lay-out plan. Not everyone appreciates my "we'll see what we do when we are there" approach :p especially not because I was a little late in set-up hahaha :p

You? A plan? Now I'm curious :laugh:

- I promise also to have dustfree ships in Antwerp :p

- Margot has moved in the lay-out to every corner, without collapsing masts. The ships of Sebeus were labelled as "can't touch this" :p

- I still think purple is a nice colour for a ship... Haters gonnna keep hating :p

But even Margot said IT was "special", with the intonation not very positive

- the animals of Sebeus (yes they were magnificent) don't like minifigs... It was ofcourse a nice opportunity for us to put a minifig on his island every time Sebeus wasn't watching :p

That part was indeed lovely, especially when my moose jumped in :wink:

You are the first one to turn a pirate layout into an actual story! :laugh_hard:

Looks great, pity we couldn't make it to Wetteren :cry2:

Hahaha :D

Well, we make up for it in Antwerp when you participate there :p

Wow! A great collaboration and story to go with it. Looks like you guys had a great time and that display is very impressive!

Great work guys! Amazing how all these different builds come together to make a whole. Even my wfe is impressed with these pics!

More publicity is better publicity! Nice to see BoBS represented! *throws handsigns* pirate_tong.gif

I am quite surprised such a distinguished Olean Hero goes rogue though! pirate_oh3.gif

As to transport of vessels... I had to transport two vessels 300 meter by car. It went fine until I had to unload them and accidently hit the bowsprit of one of them on some furniture... Well, lets just say I got to practice re-rigging! pirate_tong.gif

Great layout! That is a serious collection of ships :classic:

Appearently I've been up to something.

The part about me is a bit exaggerated to say the least pirate_laugh_new.gif .

The Beatrix on a killing rage, sounds terrifying.

Nice post Maxim, don't worry I'll be back someday to set things right pirate_devg1.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

Which ship is the one with the green gunports, on the far right of the 4th picture under the BoBS heading?

Aha, that would be the Elizabeth, one of my making :blush: :

dsc07911.jpg

More pictures here pirate_wink.gif .

(Btw, some parts have changed since I posted this, like the stern windows)