"There's something grim on the horizon."
"The other LEGO themes have ganged up and are sending their best troops to overtake the Star Wars Universe.
The Vikings have devised an interstellar longboat wielding proton cannons and the Ninjas are at their side manuevering Stealth fighters. What are the poor Rebel and Imperial troops to do? Could this be the end of the license?"
Breaking it all down!
The Contest Rules:
- Build a non-Star Wars themed vessel, depicting an existing or discontinued LEGO theme's version of a Star Wars fighter/vehicle/whatever - and yes Fabuland is a theme :tongue
- There's no limit for how big it may be, but no less than 200 pieces.
- No more than 20 minifigs in the entry.
- Minifigs and brick-built minifigs don't count as pieces.
- Brick-built minifigs like for example buzz-droids count as 1 minifig.
- No clone brands only LEGO is allowed. - with the exception of custom made minifigs, helmets and weaponry
- A brick-built stand is allowed, but doesn't count towards the minimum of 200 pieces. Make sure to note that the stand isn't part of your MOC.
- The entry must be minifig scaled.
- Entries must have a background story, a note on which theme it's 'from' and which vessel you've copied.
- No digital designs - only brick built entries.
- Entries have to be new - no old MOCs
- 5 pics in entry (front, top, rear, left-side and right-side)
- Entries should have a link to picture folder (non-resized pics, close-ups and stuff like that for the rest of us to enjoy)
- Max picture size for deeplinked pictures is 600x800 pixels
- No webcam or phonepictures - The pictures must be undisturbed - make a studio, anything but a table with a cat in the background, nor is a LEGO built background allowed.
- Contest entries must be posted before the 15th of June 2009 2100 CET.
- Staff can enter this contest, but only for show-off. They can't be voted for or win.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries posted until the end date of the contest are considered Works In Progress.
- All entries not living up to the rules on the end date are disqualified
- All entries will be indexed - this does not mean they are qualified or 'good' enough
- All entries will be commented 1 week before the end date by me, giving guidelines on how to qualify for the vote
Entries are to be posted within Watto's Junkyard and type "Invasion Contest Entry" in the 'sub-title' of the topic.
What's to win?
The 1st prize is a pick between a Clone Wars Obi Wan Keychain with EB Star Wars Logo or the EB Stormtrooper.
The 2nd prize is what number one didn't pick.
The 3rd prize is the same calendar as in the Vehicle Contest.
Why do this?
The real challenge here is to integrate the vessels of the Star Wars theme with another LEGO theme. It doesn't have to be a MOD of an existing model, all you need is to ensure that the MOC you've done, resembles the vessel you've 'copied'.
Meaning that you should 'copy' a craft into another theme.
Examples could be:
City Renovation AT-AT
Pirate Barracuda AT-TE
Ninja Stealth Falcon
Good luck to all and remember to have fun building for this contest.
Pics of all three prizes can be found in the prize topic within Watto's Junkyard.
Edited by KimT, 15 May 2009 - 07:09 AM.