Jump to content


Brickshelf: Log cabin with roof using car seats


24 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbes

Hobbes

  • Retired


    Posts: 3226
    Joined: 20-May 05
    Member: 359

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image B-RV-14C

Now that's an interesting building technique:

Posted Image
(Click image for gallery)

Cool what people come up with all the time... although the windows opening up and down are kinda odd...

#2 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

View PostHobbes, on Mar 12 2007, 03:28 PM, said:

Now that's an interesting building technique:

Posted Image
(Click image for gallery)

Cool what people come up with all the time... although the windows opening up and down are kinda odd...

Wow! I also think it is neat.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#3 Hobbes

Hobbes

  • Retired


    Posts: 3226
    Joined: 20-May 05
    Member: 359

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Mar 12 2007, 07:20 PM, said:

Wow! I also think it is neat.
:-D  :-D  :-D

#4 mutex

mutex

    Posts: 128
    Joined: 22-September 06
    Member: 979
    Country: Belgium

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

Interesting to say the least. But... is it sturdy ?  ;-)

#5 UltraPrime

UltraPrime

  • Optimus


    Posts: 508
    Joined: 01-May 06
    Member: 751
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

That is simply amazing. Great stuff!

#6 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

Lovely! Those corners are wonderful.  *wub*

#7 alex54

alex54

  • CC reducer, city expander


    Posts: 1408
    Joined: 01-December 05
    Member: 560
    Country: France

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

Very nice technic! But not for me! I don't have enought seats for my houses' interiors... :-D
It's why I like LEGO so much, you always make some new discovery in term of building methode, just using your imagination...

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#8 oo7

oo7

  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2868
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

I've seen this somewhere else before.........I think Mr. Syedow posted this technique. Edit; here it is. This guy claims it's his idea. The horizontal logs look nice but the windows are weird indeed.

View PostHobbes, on Mar 12 2007, 04:18 PM, said:

:-D  :-D  :-D
"I also think this is seat"?
Posted Image

#9 cityfan

cityfan

    Posts: 19
    Joined: 03-February 07
    Member: 1334
    Country: Norway.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

View Postoo7, on Mar 12 2007, 11:49 PM, said:

Edit; here it is. This guy claims it's his idea.
No, he don't. As you can read he says that it's not his idea. ;-)

Quote

Few ideas of roofs, first and second isnt mine


#10 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

View PostHobbes, on Mar 12 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

:-D  :-D  :-D

I appreciate that you always get my humor, Hobbes!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#11 xenologer

xenologer

    Posts: 1162
    Joined: 23-January 06
    Member: 626

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

View Postalex54, on Mar 12 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

Very nice technic! But not for me! I don't have enought seats for my houses' interiors... :-D

Just takes one trip to a Lego Shop, for some reason PaB Always has seats in black white, and sometimes blue.

#12 Mike F

Mike F

    Posts: 111
    Joined: 10-March 07
    Member: 1438

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:03 AM

And red, but what is PaB?



#13 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

View PostMike F, on Mar 13 2007, 12:03 AM, said:

...what is PaB?

Pick a Brick

Pick a Brick

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#14 oo7

oo7

  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2868
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:14 AM

View Postcityfan, on Mar 12 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

No, he don't. As you can read he says that it's not his idea. ;-)
Right, sorry. Although since that folder is older, this guy either took this idea from some one else, or less likely, just thought up coincidentally the same idea by himself.
Posted Image

#15 Zaktan of the Shadows

Zaktan of the Shadows

    Posts: 1589
    Joined: 11-January 07
    Member: 1232
    Country: Canada!!!

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:09 AM

Nice. Lovely Cabin! I like the detail on the whole thing!

-ZotS


#16 Dark Brick

Dark Brick

    Posts: 144
    Joined: 07-February 07
    Member: 1343
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:47 AM

Well I too found the cabin rather interesting in design regardless of who did it. The windows though do not really mesh well. At least now I know what to do with all those chairs/seats that I got for free at the LEGO store during the holidays.

Thanks for the pic Hobbes.


DB

#17 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

View PostDark Brick, on Mar 13 2007, 03:47 AM, said:

...now I know what to do with all those chairs/seats that I got for free at the LEGO store during the holidays.

Why did you get a bunch of free chairs for the holidays at the LEGO store?

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#18 Dark Brick

Dark Brick

    Posts: 144
    Joined: 07-February 07
    Member: 1343
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:39 AM

View Posthinckley39, on Mar 12 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

Why did you get a bunch of free chairs for the holidays at the LEGO store?

Well during the holidays here in the states, if you made a purchase of $50.00 or more you got a box to use at the PAB wall. Well after spending nearly $1200 just in December >:-) , I earned quite a bit of those boxes, so when the time came I filled one of those boxes with mostly chairs.

I guess in a way they are not completely free since you still have to make a purchase to get said box, but getting parts from the PAB wall of your choice for free is great in my opinion. So I guess I know what I can do with all those chairs now.


DB

#19 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:31 AM

View PostDark Brick, on Mar 13 2007, 04:39 AM, said:

Well during the holidays here in the states, if you made a purchase of $50.00 or more you got a box to use at the PAB wall. Well after spending nearly $1200 just in December >:-) , I earned quite a bit of those boxes, so when the time came I filled one of those boxes with mostly chairs.

I guess in a way they are not completely free since you still have to make a purchase to get said box, but getting parts from the PAB wall of your choice for free is great in my opinion. So I guess I know what I can do with all those chairs now.
DB

Yeah, they do that over here too...in Chicago.  :-D

I had a feeling that's what you meant but it sounded like they were just handing you buckets of free chairs almost against your will.  ;-)

I had a similar experience this year. They had gray 1 x 4 x 5 windows at the LEGO store at Woodfield Mall, so I filled my box with them and there was all this empty space, because the windows had no glas ( >:-( ) so I filled the space with flowers, all flowers, all white. Then I spilled the box and had to pick everything up and try to make it all fit again. Imagine a 30 year old man crawling around on the floor in the LEGO store during the holidays trying to pick up hundreds of white flowers. I had white flowers falling out of my jacket and shoes for days. I felt like a shoplifter even though I clearly wasn't.

Is this off topic? :-/

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#20 alex54

alex54

  • CC reducer, city expander


    Posts: 1408
    Joined: 01-December 05
    Member: 560
    Country: France

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Mar 13 2007, 07:31 AM, said:

Is this off topic? :-/
:-D

Flower power!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#21 Dark Brick

Dark Brick

    Posts: 144
    Joined: 07-February 07
    Member: 1343
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

View Posthinckley39, on Mar 13 2007, 12:31 AM, said:

Yeah, they do that over here too...in Chicago.  :-D

I had a feeling that's what you meant but it sounded like they were just handing you buckets of free chairs almost against your will.  ;-)

I had a similar experience this year. They had gray 1 x 4 x 5 windows at the LEGO store at Woodfield Mall, so I filled my box with them and there was all this empty space, because the windows had no glas ( >:-( ) so I filled the space with flowers, all flowers, all white. Then I spilled the box and had to pick everything up and try to make it all fit again. Imagine a 30 year old man crawling around on the floor in the LEGO store during the holidays trying to pick up hundreds of white flowers. I had white flowers falling out of my jacket and shoes for days. I felt like a shoplifter even though I clearly wasn't.

Is this off topic? :-/

It may not be on topic, but I still have all those chairs. X-D  
That is quite funny, but not as funny as watching a friend of mine ask for autographs at concerts. She is good at it though.

I thought about getting more white chairs now just to see if this works well or not. It is definitely a nifty idea, although one has to wonder if this is sturdy.

Oh yeah, I go to Woodfield Mall once in a while, but I prefer to go to the LEGO store in Northbrook, because of the larger PAB wall and the fact that the tax is less. It is good to know another Chicago AFOLer and Eurobricks member.  :-D

Sorry but that last bit is off topic. :-P  Cheers!


DB

#22 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

  • Loved Ghost Ranger


    Posts: 9642
    Joined: 15-January 05
    Member: 174

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:56 AM

Excellent.  I love the use of the seats.  They make great shingles.  The whole MOC is nicely done as well.

#23 optimus-convoy

optimus-convoy

  • Pipe Cleaner Man


    Posts: 542
    Joined: 06-October 05
    Member: 506
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

Superb MOC. *y*

The snot logs, the seat shingles, it all flows together quite nicely.

Quote

It is good to know another Chicago AFOLer and Eurobricks member. laugh_new.gif
You two ain't the only ones. ;-)
- I will not use this sig for shamless self promotion. - ;-)

#24 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • I am not a control freak


    Posts: 28821
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:44 AM

View Postoptimus-convoy, on Mar 14 2007, 04:40 AM, said:

Superb MOC. *y*

The snot logs, the seat shingles, it all flows together quite nicely.
You two ain't the only ones. ;-)

The three of us Chicagoans are clearly the best

Got Questions? Need help? New member?


Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image Posted Image


#25 Wobo Ihi

Wobo Ihi

    Posts: 241
    Joined: 27-July 06
    Member: 871
    Country: Sweden

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:32 AM

View Postmutex, on Mar 12 2007, 09:30 PM, said:

Interesting to say the least. But... is it sturdy ?  ;-)
Looks kind of sturdy to me.
Nice cabin, the interior could be better though.  :-P




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users