wooootles

Wasabi District (2016- Progress Thread)

=============================================

Hello, all, This is a new Wasabi District Thread, since my layout concepts have changed quite a bit since I last posted anything about Wasabi District. I decided to post up a new one since I have decided at the last second to actually bring a layout to Brickworld 2016! So, I have already put a couple of pics on Flickr the past few days, but from here on out I will also update this thread. To start:

Here are the Cars of Wasabi District, most of which I will be bringing to the show,

And the Trucks of Wasabi District, some of which I will also bring.

And here are the WIP stuff:

26102144363_5e60f97d0b_n.jpg

The trees. I want to put a more temperate, vibe.

26711967146_a842b8c720_n.jpg

The roads. Instead of having parallel parking space in the main road, I have instead substituted a dedicated bike lane in green, and the pedestrian crosswalk in brick/dark red.

26417486513_d4338ab263_n.jpg

And my big skyscraper building progress. This will be the hotel's top floor, a sky lounge that includes a bar and an observatory.

So there's what I got for now! I am building a few floors concurrently, as well as completing the road system. I will update this thread with Brickworld progress, and then also add more updates on my layout in general. I have about 4 weeks left, so I am rushing! Hope I get it ready in time for Brickworld.

Post your comments and suggestions! Thanks for looking.

5/16/2016 - I've done some work on the kitchen/dining and bedroom area of my big hotel MOC.

Kitchen/dining

27031424886_96daab731a_n.jpg

Bedroom

26790061200_18d59df012_n.jpg

Lobby/restaurant area is WIP, so my MOC can't stand as it is, but I'm trying to haul it! While I wait for pieces, my next update will probably be the roads again.

I am totally in love with that road design, and your commitment to black tiles is impressive.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's another update, the restaurant. Supposed to be some 5-star fancy chop house deal. This is the 2nd floor of my hotel/suites skyscraper.

26888286490_989ee7cc48_n.jpg

Main lobby is still WIP, and roads are also still WIP. I'm about 2 weeks away from completing this skyscraper.

I also update on Instagram (follow 'wooootles'!)

Thanks! Trying to finalize road designs right now while waiting on final interior pieces (skyscraper is almost done!). Here's the main road:

6/01/16

26799718094_882b0ab14e.jpg

26800963023_9cda6f7386.jpg

A bit of a SoCal vibe going on, I suppose that's how Wasabi District would feel like.

Edited by wooootles

Brickworld 2016 was a success! Thanks and a pleasure to meet those who chatted with me! Here's some pics of my layout, Wasabi Avenue, in force. The Avenue Residences (grey, right) is on a 64-wide baseplate and the Barnes and Noble (orange, center) occupies a similar real estate as a LEGO modular set when viewed from the front, to give a glimpse on how big One Azure is next to a LEGO modular.

27767399122_3d720acf22.jpg

27834211926_952e4eff24.jpg

27834205536_0556154048.jpg

Great build. I was watching a walk through

and the guy doing the walk through did a double take when he saw your tower . I am impressed that it fits on one Baseplate and it it modular and a great looking building too boot. Edited by Wookiee