xwingyoda

7731 & 7732 pic review

index2.jpg

Ah I finally got the 2 City sets I really wanted !! I am so happy that Lego went postal on us :-P . Since they are rather small I shall do a mix review of these 2 sweet sweet sets.

1) Mail Van (7731)

Like always I�ll start with shots of the box art and bloody DSS.

img_5351.jpg

img_5352.jpg

img_5355.jpg

Now here are the extras of that set: I really love the new torso of the postal worker. My huge grip lies on the mail box: that mail logo is a freaking sticker !! For that part I was so expecting a printed part. That is really really bad !! Apart from that the design is pretty cool.

img_5357.jpg

img_5359.jpg

img_5360.jpg

The van is quite simple but I think its pretty cute. I love the fact that the rear is a window.

img_5362.jpg

img_5363.jpg

img_5364.jpg

img_5365.jpg

img_5366.jpg

2) Air Mail (7732)

Like always I�ll start with shots of the box art and bloody DSS.

img_5368.jpg

img_5370.jpg

img_5371.jpg

The extras are OK: another great postal worker. You also have yet another red trolley with a package that is a bloody sticker yet again !! G TLC should have more printed parts !!

img_5373.jpg

img_5374.jpg

That plane for me is a classic thing of beauty !! Really is consistent with the fantastic planes of the 80�s. That�s the kind of lanes TLC should produce instead of those huge Playmo planes. Actually I am happy that TLC released that one � for once its not a bloody airline exclusive promo set !! Here are general pics.

img_5375.jpg

img_5376.jpg

img_5377.jpg

img_5383.jpg

img_5384.jpg

img_5385.jpg

I love the engines of the plane: simple yet superb. Also the top hatch opens to insert mail and packages. The front control panel is a printed part !! I love the classic double train windows and here is a poc of the undeneath of the set.

img_5378.jpg

img_5379.jpg

img_5380.jpg

img_5381.jpg

img_5382.jpg

In conclusion I truly love these small sets: they are the perfect size (4 wide car yeay !!) and the colour pattern is amazing as well.

I hope you enjoyed that review and do not hesitate to comment and ask pic requests if any ;-)

*yoda*

Great review Yoda. Thanks for sharing. I wasn't real fond of the postal truck at first. It's so different than those in the US. But after seeing your close-up images (esp. the back of the tuck), it looks really neat. I also like the mail box a lot. It looks good in red. Too bad for the stickers, but it's still nice.

The plane reminds me a lot of the design used in the Jurassic Park set. As you've said, it's similar to 80s designs. I really like the brick-built design too. It's just real Lego - that's about all I can say.

Very nice sets that are a must together. Thanks for the review.

Excellent review. You convinced me to buy these two. Could you tell me how much you payed for them? I think I'm gonna buy them tomorrow if they have it already (or if I don't see any cooler sets).

I haven't spotted these in the US yet. I'm looking forward to finding them. Overall, the 2008 line-up is a excellent and it's going to be difficult for me to decide which themes/sets to pursue. There's a lot to choose from.

Thanks for the great review *yoda* . I'm definitely going to get that plane, I've sadly only owned one of the many Lego planes there is. :'-(

I haven't spotted these in the US yet. I'm looking forward to finding them. Overall, the 2008 line-up is a excellent and it's going to be difficult for me to decide which themes/sets to pursue. There's a lot to choose from.

Really? Where do you live?

Nice review yoda I dont think I have ever read one with as much cursing of stickers! :-D

I love these two little sets, the colour scheme the little different wheels on the post van and of course the new postmen uniforms!

Would have been nice if they had included little satchels like in the new indiana jones sets, oh well! ;-)

postman Yoda on! *yoda*

Thanks for the takes on these two sets, Yoda. Stickers or not, I still think these are charming sets with all the essence and nostalgia of the older sets back in the 80/90's.

Am I the first one to notice the new doors used in the back of the van. Not only is it using the popular new frame, but the old container doors have been redesigned to fit with the new frame as well. Pity they're not yellow, though.

Very nice, cheers Yoda!

I'll definitely be getting the post van, not sure about the plane though. Both are awesome, but I think I have enough planes...

Can you tell me though, the wheels on the van, are they rubber or plastic? They look a bit tacky...

these little sets are really nice!

they cought my eye the minute i saw them!

it would have been SO great if there was a post office to go with them!

there are so few buildings in lego city

the design is very classic

and i am ofcourse considering to get them

but it seems that i have a lot of small cars and planes on my desk! :-$

recently i took a flight with Cyprus Airways from Thessaloniki to Cyprus and the two promo plane sets were there! I was so tired though that i couldnt stay awake to buy them!

im taking a flight again on Tuesday and i hope they are not out of stock!!

thanks for a great review Yoda!

a fine job as always!

cant wait for your next one

Aww man, is TLC really getting too cheap for printed parts? Shame on you TLC!!

Despite those stickers these are two really neat sets. Especially the airplane. Classic *wub*

Reminds me of that little plane my dad bought in an airplane. Not sure what's the set nr..

The window at the rear of the van looks like a normal window frame without the clips for the shutters. I never knew those existed 8-

Thank you for the nice review

Pity of the stickers but the design is nice

80ies on!

Great Review *yoda* (I find myself saying that line alot :-D )

I love these two little sets *wub* TLC continues the Great City Line that started in 07 and continues into 08

Its also nice to have other sub lines besides Fire and police :-| :-P

I hope there are many more Postal Sets, like a Post office!!That would be sweet!

Hope these are Mainstream and not those damn exclusives >:-(

Postal ON!

P

Thanks for the review! I was always going to get these two sets, so you haven't swayed me at all!! X-D

I reckon Lego could enhance this sub-theme by releasing a post motorbike (with or without a sidecar) and post office. Obviouly the office would be the hub of all the activity, while the post bike would take care of the postal run. This would free up the van to take or recieve bulk mail or parcels to or from the airport. It could then also do the parcel deliveries around the city. The office would also serve as the reciever for all the parcels the new goods truck might deliver.

Just some thoughts, that's all!! *sweet*

I need to do some catching up here :-P

Could you tell me how much you payed for them? I think I'm gonna buy them tomorrow if they have it already (or if I don't see any cooler sets).

I paid a tad more than the S@H price: I paid 15 for the plane and 8 for the van (sure its a tad more expensive but I didn't want to wait for TRU to get them)

Am I the first one to notice the new doors used in the back of the van. Not only is it using the popular new frame, but the old container doors have been redesigned to fit with the new frame as well. Pity they're not yellow, though.

Great remark there, I guess I totally missed that one :-$

And I agree that yellow doors would have been better but those dark bley do not look that bad !!

Can you tell me though, the wheels on the van, are they rubber or plastic? They look a bit tacky...

Rubber off course ;-) They do look a tad tacky but its because they are the thin type (like with the racers) and I am not a fan of those |-/

cant wait for your next one

Tks ;-) Me neither though :-P

I reckon Lego could enhance this sub-theme by releasing a post motorbike (with or without a sidecar) and post office. Obviouly the office would be the hub of all the activity, while the post bike would take care of the postal run. This would free up the van to take or recieve bulk mail or parcels to or from the airport. It could then also do the parcel deliveries around the city. The office would also serve as the reciever for all the parcels the new goods truck might deliver.

So true 8-

Thanks for the review :-) I was actually considering getting these, but I saw they were overpriced for my tastes - too bad, theyre nifty lil things *wub*

loool : Spielberg goes on a career change :-D

these are some nice sets. I really love that car. looks sleek

Thanks for a nice review and few comments to sets:

Nice airplane, finally some reminiscence for Lego City Golden Era (for me years 1982-1992). Everything is nice, but two things are freezing a smile on my face.

First of all the ugly new hinge used for plane roof. I have already 4032 and those new hinges are looking really terrible when compared f.e. with 6368.

Second one is new minifig, I don

Edited by Kanal-K1

While the plane does look nice, I don't particularly care for the van. But the van does have some good parts, which is the only reason I would by one: yellow mud guards, the new windshield, and the small door on the rear.

Well first off, thanks yoda for the great review. :-)

Hmmm... Well, i have to say, i'm not at all impressed with any of these sets. I mean, there nice and all, but the van just seems way to small. It would have been nice if you could fit more than one package in it. I guessi'm one of those that are more of the fan of the 6 wide trucks.

And the plane.... Hm. this has a "cute" factor and all, but i mean com'on... You have to open a hatch on the roof to get your packages in?? And what about getting them out? You have to flip the plane upside down? :-| Weak. They should have had a hinged rear end or a hatch on the side.

And the plane.... Hm. this has a "cute" factor and all, but i mean com'on... You have to open a hatch on the roof to get your packages in?? And what about getting them out? You have to flip the plane upside down? :-| Weak. They should have had a hinged rear end or a hatch on the side.

Yes, this is the LEGO charming! No stairs in buildings, cars with just one minifig, all those things that make LEGO what it is...

Thanks Yoda for your review! Those posts sets will be mine, but I will wait to find them in my supermarket, even if I have to wait 2 or 3 months, I know that I will save some money, so I will buy more LEGO :-D

There are simple designed sets, but we don't need more: two nice litle sets that are not oversized and too expensive.

I wasn't real fond of the postal truck at first. It's so different than those in the US.
good point B... this design is just too foreign to my eyes for me to enjoy... i don't like either of these sets, very disapointing - the postal theme has so much potential. i don't really like the torsos either - too plain/cheap as kanal suggested. and i will agree that the wheels on the van look cheap. i was sooooo impressed with city 2007, this is a real let down.

though, i am happy to see a small set with a postal box.

so, even though, all that aside, i'll probably buy 6 of the van - just for the yellow mudgards, postal box and stickers to populate my city. and i think this set will provide some excellent piece to MOC a yellow civillian convertable with *sweet*

- BM

I'm glad to see the mail van has the doors that used to be on the older cargo containers. I had given up on those older ones, but now that they're still out there, I may invest in the older cargo system instead of the new 6-wide ones.

Both sets are good enough, I'll get both. I'm hoping for a postal building too, even though I have the smaller of the old post offices. A nice big modern one would be great. I'm not too hung up about the design of the plane; I've got the neat old cargo plane with the tail that swings open (one of the best plane sets) for big packages. The truck is goofy looking, but if I get sick of looking at it I can rebuild it into a classic looking one.

Great review by the way, the pictures are some of the better one I've seen in a review recently.

Well first off, thanks yoda for the great review. :-)

Hmmm... Well, i have to say, i'm not at all impressed with any of these sets. I mean, there nice and all, but the van just seems way to small. It would have been nice if you could fit more than one package in it. I guessi'm one of those that are more of the fan of the 6 wide trucks.

I see your point that more cargo capacity would have been better. Nevertheless, my personal preference is for smaller "classic" scale City sets. The mail van is nice and small, and should fit well with my road plates and 1990s cars from the 4561 train.

On a side note, did anyone notice the message on the back of both sets' boxes, "designed for easy building and instant play"? It surprised me a little, since these sets seem no less complex than any other City set of late. They look like quick builds, sure, but not as though the designers went out of their way to simplify them.

Thanks *yoda* for the great reviews.

I love the airplane, it's really cute. The van needed to grow on me though but you did the trick.

I don't like the wheels of the van. They will need replacing. And wouldn't everything have been better if they were completely red?

Dr. Brick

Thanks for the great reviews, *yoda*! The car looks great. *y* And the plane is very cool too, and much more suited to a Lego town than the large planes.

Postal_2_Box_Cover.jpg On!(?) X-D

~Peace