WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8 poll

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 8?

2. 2. What "are" your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

• 8683 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1
    • 8684 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2
    • 8803 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3
    • 8804 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4
    • 8805 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5
    • 8827 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6
    • 8831 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7
    • 8833 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8
  3. 3. Are you tired of collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

4. 4. Will you like to see the LEGO Collectable Minifigures to be formally established as one of LEGO long-running product range?

5. 5. Do you think TLG is running out of design ideas on the LEGO Collectable Minifigures concept? (Total designs so far: 128 minifigs)

• Yes, I think TLG current designs is not appealing enough to excite me
    • No, I am confident that TLG will come out more new exciting designs in the future series

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone,

*Waving hands* It's me and I am back to conduct the latest poll and survey for the upcoming latest exciting LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8 wave in our Eurobricks Community. With the official LEGO 8833,Collectable Minifigures Series 8 design being "established" in this discussion, and with so much information being surfaced in the public, I believed this is the right time for us to share your thoughts on the new Series 8, especially to the fact that I had seen plentiful of mixed feelings from the rest.

I had not concluded on my thoughts yet, and I hope to share my views with the Eurobricks Community in the near future.

If you wish to change your vote after you acquire the entire Series 8 after September/October 2012 or any point, you may choose to do so, as the current poll settings allow you to withdraw your votes by choosing other choices instead.

Note: Descriptive names above are not confirmed by LEGO. These are merely based on the existing design and if you think you have a better naming convention, then please let me know, so I can take it into consideration before the official names are released.

For the past official Eurobricks polls with regards to LEGO Collectables Minifigures Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5 and Series 6, Series 7, they can be found in the following links below.

Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 4 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 5 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 7 Poll

7561878800_25238e302d_o.jpg

8833_parade.jpg

Tell us what you think about this upcoming new series and your thoughts on your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series 8!

WhiteFang

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

As #5 in the poll!

I think there are to many re-hashes in this series; the alien, the robot (come on, just another color), pirate, manbat (it's in a line for ... sakes).

Still there are 5 that just pop-out; Helmet diver, Conquistador, Hamlet, Bowler hat guy, Bavarian boy. And I like Santa too.

I voted man-bat as my figure and i am quite supprised i am the only voter for him? Im quite interesed to see what the polls are like in a few hours after some more people have passed through.

@L-space I do agree that some appear to be rehashes but i think that Man-bat is a good one as it is nice to get this really cool figure for £2 without buying an £80 castle or spending £15 just for him on bricklimk. (I do agree with your oppinion on the pirate and the robot though :wink: )

My favorite, I would have to say, is the Shakespearean Actor. I used to do theater in my youth, so the minifig is both aesthetically and emotionally appealing to me. It's also perfect for Heroica RPG, so that seals the deal. :wink: My other favorites are the Alien Queen (I've collected all the Alien Conquest aliens, so she completes the family), the Bavarian Man, the Cowgirl and the Conquistador. I love that there's a fairy minifig now, but she could've turned out much better, in my opinion... But she's still usable in my fantasy settings, in any case.

I still think the best series for me was 6, with the Genie, the Leprechaun, the Minotaur and Lady Liberty, but I've collected them all anyway, and I will continue collecting them all for as long as they release this line.

I don't think the line ever has to stop, but the frequency is quite high at the moment. Maybe just one or two series per year would be more affordable, and keep the fans more excited. I'm sure we'll see more rehashes in the future, because while there might be unlimited amount of ideas for figs, they still have to be kid-friendly and desirable for the buyers.

But I've been a lover of the CMF since the beginning, and will continue to splurge my money just to catch 'em all in the future. :grin:

Santa Claus is my favorite. My LEGO Winter Village display grows every year, and this will be a great addition.

Not that I don't love how my sig-fig looks in the gnome torso and pirate hat:

7649397678_ac53f25166_n.jpg

My favourite is the actor by far. The old style diver and conquistador are distant seconds. The latter could have been as awesome as the actor had he been clad in normal armour instead of all this gold.

I think Series 8 is a step in the wrong direction. They seem to be on a downhill with regards to creativity though one can't establish a trend on simply one poorer release so there's still hope this was just a one off fluke. Anyhow I really hope that for Series 9 they'll cut down on rehashes and on too close tie-ins to currently running themes and will surprise us with many unique figures (apart from the mandatory boring sportsmen). I also hope that they cut down on speed, releasing 3 series / year is insane and will cause this concept to burn out faster.

I think TLG realizes that this series needs to appeal to the hardcore collectors who will snap up every minifigure in the series, specialized fans who will want many copies of specific figures, and also those who want to fill out their collection with a couple of unique figures not otherwise available (or only available in expensive sets).

As someone who missed out on some earlier minifigures, I'm glad to know that I'll have an opportunity for variants in future series.

I voted for Man-Bat. I think he looks way better than the Monster Fighters one (maybe expect the lack of back printing :hmpf_bad: ). However Santa is nearly as good as him.

Edited by Krulis

I too voted for the actor. That Elizabethan collar could have some good uses, and you can never have too many skulls. Hairpiece is not my favorite though.

The diver and Bavarian are awesome too, if for the former's helmet and the latter's pretzel (Which IIRC can be seen in the Bag End set).

I don't mind the rehashes as long as they bring something new to the table and I feel these guys did. The bats can act as new recruits for Lord Vampyre, for instance.

This series is hard to chose, I went Alien Queen....because female aliens are rare in Lego. :wink:

Other than that Conquistador and Shakespearean Actor would be my other choices. :classic:

Hopefully series 9 will have an even greater variety. :wink:

I was No. 3 to do the poll! :laugh:

I chose Bavarian Boy. Somehow I am always after minifigs which symbolises a place/country e.g. Bagpiper, Royal Guard. And now the Bavarian Boy!

Aliens are out for me though. Just do not know what to do with them when I have them.

I voted for the diver. He's just really cool, if you ask me :tongue: I do love the conquistador, DJ, and Actor as well though.

The DJ is my favorite.

Aha, I'm no longer the only one! The DJ is my favourite too. He's simple enough to convert flesh. :thumbup: I'm just a little bit put off by the fact that his headphones are attached to his hair, but no matter. It's still great. I'll probably buy at least two; one to convert to flesh, and one simply for the headpiece. I'll paint the hair brown, and then it'll be just like my sigfig's hair with headphones! :sweet:

I chose Shakespeare because of the awesome printing and neck ruffle. A super close second would be the conquistador. I didn't army build at all with the last series, but I can see a few possibilities this time.

I do enjoy seeing the new ideas and prints/accessories TLG offers with these sets, so I do hope they continue to go down this road. I think there are a lot more possibilities out there, but how much of that TLG wants to use is tough to say. They will continue to rehash/recolor older figures/molds to give a counterpart (and to eat up another slot in the series), while also reusing molds to get their money's worth. With that said, I think as many new ideas they have, there will not be a consistently "must have them all" feel anymore. At least, not for me. Granted I don't own any complete sets, so that probably won't change. But I could foresee wanting fewer and fewer in the future series, while still wanting some. There will always be something that appeals to me.

I can't wait to see if my feelings change after I see this and future series.

I voted for the Conquistador, mainly because I am a fan of historical figures. However, I also really like the Actor, DJ (mainly because of the hairpiece), Santa, Diver, and Man-Bat: they are all minfigs that I will definitely be getting.

I think TLG should slow down the Series though, mainly because I don't like too many repeats of old minfigs. The cheerleader, for example, is almost exactly the same. Maybe 2 series a year???

Am I the only one thinking that in the S8 picture the Evil Robot has been cropped some pixels too down? It is not aligned with the other minifigs.

Feels a bit too soon to be putting up a poll since only a few people have actually gotten ahold of these and they haven't even been formally announced yet. I'll even change my mind quite often by the time I actually have it in my hands. I didn't really think much of the Hippie from Series 7 for example but when I actually got the minifigure I changed my mind completely.

Just sayin'.

I took a long hard look at the whole list, and even went so far as to write the whole list out and then re-write it from worst to first. And, when you do it that way, you realize that Series 8 is just as strong as the rest of the theme. I see only arguably 4 weak figs myself.

As for the poll-- my top four were conquistador, actor, diver and football player. And of the four, I had to award the number one spot to... The Shakespearean actor. What a great fig!!

I like the Shakespeare inspired fig, closely followed by the Diver and Conquistador.

I would say my favorite series to date would be Series 4. I am not tired of collecting these unique figs, nor do I expect to be anytime soon. :laugh:

no new ideas in my post but...

1°: actor minifigs (for the printing details and the elizabethian age collar)

2°: conquistador for army building (so sad for the gold colour...)

3°: ancient diver for bioshock mockup

cheers

nausi

I voted for the Radio DJ, but there were a few others that were close (Actor, ManBat, Bavarian and Santa were a close second).

I think this is a great series (even the weaker ones I like).

I think Man-Bat is the best of the series,with alien queen as seconed.But enemy Robot is also promising!Either way this looking to be a great series!!!!

I love all these figures, but since I love acting, I had to go with the Actor. Trailing right behind him (and I mean right behind him) is the Conquistador. Other really great figs in no particular order are the Bavarian, Diver, Pirate, Bat, and Santa. :wub:

I love all the series, but my favorites have to be 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8.

I am never tired of collecting more plastic to take up space these wonderful figures and I would love to see them become a long running line.

I personally do not think TLG is running out of ideas, but spacing out those ideas while they use figs such as female skater and so on, just to keep the line running.