Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Soldiers, Attention!

So, these pictures weren't do for fun, I actually did them for an ongoing "contest" over at bricksinmotion.com (url is link to thread). The contests works like this: It's called "The Cinematography Challenge" and a judge selects a theme for all the members to follow. The members adapt the theme into brick and a cinematic view. The winner is chosen by the judge and the winner (who is now the judge) chooses a theme, and it goes on. Anyway, I had fun making these pictures and wanted to share them with you :pir-classic: . I actually won the challenge with my fifth picture, following the theme of the AfterLife. I'll add any new pictures I make for the contest to share :) .

Without further ado, here they are! (In order that they were made)

Journey

ascene.jpg

Ambush

a2scene.jpg

Fear

retreat.jpg

Mechanical

mechanical.jpg

Afterlife

afterlife.jpg

Betrayal

3043884151_7a531de68e_o.jpg

Insanity

3113736603_ca55ac10c2_o.jpg

Realization

3313216362_db1b7caa6f_o.jpg

3313216376_765414f025_o.jpg

3313216398_2c0c860280_o.jpg

3312388389_bbed7b9d1d_o.jpg

3313216432_fdf9eb4c41_o.jpg

3313216450_2761e4d9eb_o.jpg

3312388461_83cfd8b05f_o.jpg

[The thread is named the way it is because I've used only soldiers thus far :pir-tongue: ]

Oh yes. very lovely ImperialScouts! Where did you get the backgrounds from the first couple of images?

Google, pretty much.

The first one looks VERY realistic. It's amazing how real it looks.

Looks like a picture from one of those pioneer war photographers (like Bradley).

Looks like a picture from one of those pioneer war photographers (like Bradley).

The first one looks great yes, but wht about the afterlife! That is awesome! Keep up the great work.

They are very lovely pictures. I love the first picture very much. It looks so vivid and natural with that scenery at the back of it. Great job! :thumbup:

nice pics ^^ I like the "afterlife" and the journey ones!

Yeah they are nice pictures. I just wish I had time to do that sort of thing. Although I suppose I could just take screenshots from my films?

Excellent work IS! :thumbup:

The afterlife effect is my favourite, but as said, the first picture looks just like a real wartime photograph!

True. The first one looks real - exept for the Lego aspect.

I was never really convinced by mixing Lego with "real world" scenery. For me it should either be "all Lego" or "no Lego"... However in this case the effects are OK, the whole thing looks very natural. "Mechanical" is my favourite though, I like how - despite it focuses on the soldier with the musket - you've added those soldiers sitting by the campfire in the background, that gives more life to the whole picture.

Thanks for all the comments :pir-classic: !

I was never really convinced by mixing Lego with "real world" scenery. For me it should either be "all Lego" or "no Lego"... However in this case the effects are OK, the whole thing looks very natural. "Mechanical" is my favourite though, I like how - despite it focuses on the soldier with the musket - you've added those soldiers sitting by the campfire in the background, that gives more life to the whole picture.

Thanks :) . I kind of agree with your statement about LEGO and real world scenery. It barely fits. But it's also good, sometimes. One reason that I did this was because to get a proper background with LEGO for this kind of things is quite hard, especially if you want the right angle.

I liked doing "mechanical." That was a fun one to do. It also contained what I thought would be "stacked arms"-- if you can see them, they're really out of focus.

Excellent work IS! :thumbup:

The afterlife effect is my favourite, but as said, the first picture looks just like a real wartime photograph!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that, because that what I was aiming it to be like :grin:

Sorry for the double post.

I completely forgot that I had done another entry! So check up for Fear.

Sorry for the double post.

I completely forgot that I had done another entry! So check up for Fear.

You really are hopeless. We should throw you over the side!

That's nice. I really like the afterlife scene. That whole thing reminds me oof the movie "The Patriot." What a great movie that was.

That's nice. I really like the afterlife scene. That whole thing reminds me oof the movie "The Patriot." What a great movie that was.

Ah yes. That was a good movie. It does actually remind me of that film. Good Point Justin.

Love the pictures and the "summary of a soldier's life" in it. Especially the first photo looks great with it's amazing background. You're quite an expert in photo editing! :pir-classic:

I've updated with a new entry: Realization.

The rules have changed a little, requiring a sequence of shots.

It really looks amazing, like a real life battle, as real as it gets with LEGO at least. And the simple words explain the images entire world.

You get a big fat :thumbup: from me for this!