HONDA REPSOL is one of the most famous MotoGP team, and its color scheme is also the most noticeable one. Few people have oppotunities to ride there racing bike RC212V, but everyone is able to ride HONDA’s flagship production superbike, CBR1000RR.

2011-Honda-CBR1000RRe%2BFront%2BAngle%2BView.jpg

2011-Honda-CBR1000RR-Repsol-Front.jpg

This LEGO creation takes me 2 years to build it. It’s about the size of Technic 8420, but weight more 50% as it’s about 900 pcs. (8420 got only 506 pcs). This bike’s skeleton is made by Technic method, and I insist all the basic functions of Technic should be remained. Rear wheel is geared to its engine and pistons. The fork is able to turn. Both front and rear suspension works fine. There’s no room for me to add more functions in it, like clutch, transmission system, but all it got so far are complex enough for me. At the outside, I covered the skeleton with model-team technique, and that’s the hardest part of this creation. I’m glad that I succeeded, even at the hardest part, the head light.

There’s still a difficult job need to be done after all the LEGO creation is completed, the stickers. The process making a set of custom stickers for REPSOL is complicate and annoying. I spent months dealing with things I never touch before, such as picture and logo retouching, aligning, printing stickers, cutting stickers. I even paint the wheel rims into LEGO orange since there’s no orange LEGO rim. All these stuffs make me almost forgot I’m creating a LEGO work during these months. Happily, I finally got what I want.

Let’s take a look of its outfit.

repsol_01.jpg

repsol_02.jpg

repsol_03.jpg

repsol_04.jpg

repsol_05.jpg

repsol_06.jpg

repsol_07.jpg

repsol_08.jpg

repsol_09.jpg

repsol_10.jpg

repsol_11.jpg

repsol_12.jpg

repsol_13.jpg

repsol_14.jpg

repsol_15.jpg

repsol_16.jpg

repsol_17.jpg

repsol_18.jpg

repsol_19.jpg

The clutch staff and pedal can really move.

repsol_20.jpg

repsol_21.jpg

CBR1000rr during 2004 to 2007 has single tail pipe under the back seat, and later versions have bottom right short exhaust pipe. I personally prefer later version.

repsol_22.jpg

repsol_23.jpg

repsol_24.jpg

There’s a small trunk under the back seat, like real CBR1000rr do.

repsol_25.jpg

repsol_26.jpg

repsol_27.jpg

repsol_28.jpg

repsol_29.jpg

repsol_30.jpg

repsol_31.jpg

The side stand.

repsol_32.jpg

Back seat footrest can actually flipped and stretch.

repsol_33.jpg

repsol_34.jpg

It is how suspension system works.

repsol_36.jpg

repsol_35.jpg

Now let’s take a look of skeleton.

repsol_37.jpg

repsol_38.jpg

The head is really complicated that no parts are combined in 90 degrees as normal.

repsol_39.jpg

repsol_40.jpg

repsol_41.jpg

repsol_42.jpg

The rear suspension system of CBR1000RR is exclusive unit pro-link technique.

repsol_43.jpg

repsol_44.jpg

Here are two pictures showing how it works.

repsol_45.jpg

repsol_46.jpg

And this is how my LEGO bike works.

repsol_47.jpg

repsol_48.jpg

repsol_49.jpg

repsol_50.jpg

Sadly there is no room to put entire exhaust pipe in this bike, so I can only tuck its head section in.

repsol_51.jpg

repsol_52.jpg

I made a stand for it, which makes it more “racing” and also very convenient when I am “repairing” it

(the side stand is not very stable).

repsol_53.jpg

repsol_54.jpg

repsol_55.jpg

repsol_56.jpg

I also made a U-bolt for it, in case anyone ride it away.

repsol_57.jpg

repsol_58.jpg

repsol_59.jpg

repsol_60.jpg

… such like this. LOL

(it’s another color scheme, HRC version, I might public it later if I got time.)

(This mighty IRON MAN is not my creation)

1351441729m_DISPLAY.jpg

This is where I work. I should find some times to paint my wall after finishing this.

repsol_61.jpg

This bike takes me 2 years to build it, hope my next program won’t take me that long.

Do you like it? Please drop me comments!

This is the CUUSOO page of this work , please give me a support if you like this!

And whoever likes this bike, thank you!

Welcome to Eurobricks Oryz.

Your bike is fantastic in how how you have managed to capture all the details of the real one in your lego version. :wub::wub_drool:

That is the mostest awesomest thing. Supported.

Edited by Lipko

The attention to detail on this bike is unbelievable! Awesome work. I wish I had half the skill that you (and other MOCer's) do. Excellent!!!

I seen it last week at the Lego Car Blog site and i think this is one stunning machine you build.

Olso i wish you a warm welcome at EB and hope that you make a lot off moc's like this one. :thumbup::wub::thumbup:

Edited by VFracingteam

Wow. I would buy the crap out of this if it were a real set. I really like every single detail, especially the headlights :wub:

What a gorgeous model, oryx. Fantastic detailing. Motorcycles are not my thing at all, but that's some amazing work.

Perfect creation!!!

This is really a masterpiece! I'd definately get one if this was made into a set. Build it and never take it off display!

OMG ,WTF can I say... amazing, stupendous or incredible doesn't cut it. I am in love with Repsol Honda they are my favourite team and I am pissed that Dani Pedrosa didn't win the championship but at least they won the constructors. But seriously man I am in heaven looking at this, great way to do my 200th post.

Just awesome.

The rear swingarm is perfectly formed, and your use of the hubcap as a brake rotor at the front is a perfect.

WOW!

Fantastic choice of model, amazing build and design, and excellent photography and post.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'll definitely be supporting this on CUUSOO!

This must be the best LEGO bike i've ever seen. It looks amazing and there's so many details. :drool: Truly well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also supported on CUUSOO. I would love to own one of these.

This is amazing and unbelievable! A very beautiful creation! still speechless

Where did you get the orange rims?

He painted them as stated in the beginning of the post.