Incredible model! I love all of the details and the realistic color scheme.

Love the Pro-link suspension as well. They used to mount the upper end of the shock to the frame back in my motocross days. It's interesting how it's now mounted to the swingarm. I remember emulating all of the dirt bike single shock systems with Lego back in the early 80s with whatever springs I could find. Suzuki's 'Full-Floater' system seemed to translate really well.

Amazing job you have done - congrats! :thumbup:

All of you: Vote for it on Cuusoo!! ;) It's not that hard!

Reason: It's not only very well done, it has very good chances to be produced as well! So go for it!

(Maybe you could contact Honda as well.)

This is the best motorcycle I've ever seen made in LEGO. When I saw the first pictures of the real thing, I was halfway down the line before I noticed it was made in LEGO too.

WOW! I want one too, because I already own the real version of it! First ever project which I supported in cuusoo.

All of you: Vote for it on Cuusoo!! ;) It's not that hard!

Reason: It's not only very well done, it has very good chances to be produced as well! So go for it!

Sadly, because it would require LEGO to negotiate a licensing deal with Honda, this cannot be approved as a CUUSOO model. It would have to be a generic motorcycle.

Sadly, because it would require LEGO to negotiate a licensing deal with Honda, this cannot be approved as a CUUSOO model. It would have to be a generic motorcycle.

Where is the problem? LEGO has license agreements with Volkswagen and Daimler as well.

According to the rules:

Licensed ideas are OK, but note the following. You may submit models that require licenses, but be aware that we can't guarantee the production of your model if it is linked to a competitive licensor – this is where all the legal stuff becomes complicated.

Minecraft was probably also licensed, so to suggest a licensed design is not a principle problem, it is only a bit more complicated.

It is a beautifull model that deserves being supported. I only have some doubts about the model with all those beautiful details being too much fragile for a mass production. And a more robust design will probably mean a loss of details.

Edited by hrontos

It is a beautifull model that deserves being supported. I only have some doubts about the model with all those beautiful details being too much fragile for a mass production. And a more robust design will probably mean a loss of details.

LEGO has final say on all models anyway. If this gets the votes, I'm sure they will change it as needed.

LEGO has final say on all models anyway. If this gets the votes, I'm sure they will change it as needed.

Yes, I know. And that's why I am afraid that final product will not have some of these impressive details. I hope it will stay like this as much as possible.

According to the rules:

Licensed ideas are OK, but note the following. You may submit models that require licenses, but be aware that we can't guarantee the production of your model if it is linked to a competitive licensor – this is where all the legal stuff becomes complicated.

Minecraft was probably also licensed, so to suggest a licensed design is not a principle problem, it is only a bit more complicated.

It's a little bit too early to consider these complicate problems since I still need another 9904 votes, :wink: , but I think it will be solved "automatically" by LEGO if that day came.

In fact that this model might be much stronger then it looks like, since all the part are build in "legal" methods. I also made a special effort to strengthen the skeleton to resist the force when you squaching its suspention system. This is as strong as any official ModelTeam sets that I can garentee. Once I dropped it to the ground and it remained roughly in one piece. :sweet:

This is really great work. It's very professional, that you paid attention not only to final look but also to building techniques and durability. I am not a fan of "display only" models so you really impressed me how you paid attention also to full function and playability.

Supported.

Edited by hrontos

I would love to see more Lego Technic sets like this. Just incredible! I'm a big motorcycle fan anyway so combining Lego with that just makes me all giddy.

Edited by therealjustin

As a motorcycle nerd since my childhood, I am amazed at the brick-sculpting and amount of details you managed with such a variety of parts.

I have no idea why I never realized that the rim-covers could be used as brake discs.

I may add more comments when I have the time to really study all your pictures.

Erland

Part Design

Suspension is just awesome, I would love too see this thing as an official set, you have my vote :classic: