anglezoo

HMS Pallas

[pid][/pid] 101b

HI Everyone,

This is my first post, and I'd like to introduce myself with my ship the Pallas, a 28 gun frigate. This is the second ship I' ve made. Even though I ve emerged from my dark ages for quite some time I've never really poster anything until now. So, here she is. I am a purist and therefore am against handmade sails and rigging, though it would be more honest to say that I can't be bothered to make any. Besides...the ship is in mooring and isnt going anywhere, so she doesn't need the unfurled sails :-)

Please feel free to post any comments recommendations or remarks you wish to make.

Many thanks

post-12737-128239058487.jpg

Edited by Captain Blackmoor

That ship looks awsome. I am really impressed. I was wondering if you could post some other pictures of your ship. I would really like to see some close-ups of the hull and a good view of the stern gallery.

That looks like an impressive ship, based on the IFS' base and color scheme. I'd also like to see more detailed pictures. :pir-classic:

That looks like an impressive ship, based on the IFS' base and color scheme. I'd also like to see more detailed pictures. :pir-classic:

Hey guys...

unfortunately can't get more pics on due to restrictions to my upload limit.

More pics to be found on flickr or brickshelf, look for anglezoo or pallas

unfortunately can't get more pics on due to restrictions to my upload limit.

Look here. EB doesn't allow large uploads, most people deeplink images from flickr or Brickshelf.

Ooh what a wonderful ship you've got there! :pir-wub:

An excellent way to introduce yourself! Welcome! :pir-sweet:

The hull has a great shape and colours, top notch work on it! :thumbup: Those sails are also very nicely done, but I think she deserves more rigging.

It looks a bit plain up high, a few more ropes would add even more to what already is a pearl.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Soon! :pir-classic:

Great work, anglezoo :thumbup:

I really like how you have made the ship although as what Captain Blackmoor said she could use a bit more rigging.

The stern looks great with those golden windows and flags.

the Inventor

This is a great ship, beautiful in her simplicity and reverent to period design. I rather like the color scheme, as it seems to reflect the taste of the time from which it comes. I have to ask, however, you rater her at 28 guns but I see none on the spar deck and only 11 gunnels to a side on the gun deck, a total of 22. How do you make up the missing 6? I really don’t mean to be cruel and apologize if the mistake is mine. I think you may be over selling a ship that doesn’t need it. 22 guns is respectable and still in the same rating as a 28. The brick built sails are an interesting touch, especially with the mini figure activity all about the ship. I’ve seen guys make unfurled sails from white or tan plates, with relative success, perhaps that’s a solution if ever you change your mind. Once again, lovely ship!

This is a great ship, beautiful in her simplicity and reverent to period design. I rather like the color scheme, as it seems to reflect the taste of the time from which it comes. I have to ask, however, you rater her at 28 guns but I see none on the spar deck and only 11 gunnels to a side on the gun deck, a total of 22. How do you make up the missing 6? I really don’t mean to be cruel and apologize if the mistake is mine. I think you may be over selling a ship that doesn’t need it. 22 guns is respectable and still in the same rating as a 28. The brick built sails are an interesting touch, especially with the mini figure activity all about the ship. I’ve seen guys make unfurled sails from white or tan plates, with relative success, perhaps that’s a solution if ever you change your mind. Once again, lovely ship!

I aim to get a few more smaller guns on deck when I get round to it, 4 bow and aft chasers and 2 somewhere in the middle.

That's a really beautiful ship, angelzoo! I love the design of the sails, and the color scheme is very nice! I'd love to see more of your ships!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

And thats what this beaty realy deservs :pir-wub: Really lovley color scheme and the back gallery is very nicely detailed, The bow is perfect. Ist here captains cabin inside or gundeck whit cannons below that main deck?

Captain Becker

Very nice ship!

It has enough stuff on the deck like the bell and a captstan (and soon a few cannons) and the hull is also nice.

I like the colourscheme and the small curve in the line of gunports.

I do agree with Blackmoor on the rigging though. I prefer custom rigging anyway but just lego is very good as well (but it could use some more ropes).

But like I said it's a very fine ship with a lovely stern :thumbup:

This is just so freaking amazing! The height is perfect, the sail furl looks exactly right, the hull shape for the deck is perfect, well done indeed! Keep bricking for sure mate :thumbup:

Many thanks to everyone for your kind words and suggestions, I pretty much agree with you all. Stay tuned for a definitive version (if such a thing exists)

Hey, i am starting a new MOC ship, and i am just curious anglezoo, you wouldntmind if i "borrowed" your sail design, would you?

Borrow away!!! Just remember where you saw it first!! Just kidding, I probably saw it somewhere else too.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

And thats what this beaty realy deservs :pir-wub: Really lovley color scheme and the back gallery is very nicely detailed, The bow is perfect.

:thumbup: I join to the clapping :thumbup:

Very smooth design, great idea for the sails, and we can see a lot of action inside the ship

P.D.

:pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh:

It was your first post !!!!!

:pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh:

Edited by Brig. Brick

An update to the rigging as pointed out by some of you:

4932271652_f73c401153_m.jpg

And some clickable images:

4931680507_f735588821_m.jpg

4931680273_fc761ab3ff_m.jpg

4901495828_b314749871_m.jpg

4901494978_08ea10f74c_m.jpg

Edited by anglezoo

Agree whit CBH, but only thing i can say is only this, I want that ship and i wish yu could sell that for me :pir-cry_happy: But you wont gonna sell it, and thats the fact :pir-classic: Anyway... I LOVE that ship so much, I wish at i had get that new IFS but it was never sold in city where i live :pir_bawling: But oh well, Im glad at shes sailing under the Redcoats flag. Again one more nightmare for the bluecoats :pir-tongue:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

This looks great at first glance, I'd like to see some larger pictures somewhere online before I give you my feedback though.

either look at previous posts, or if you can't be bothered, here:My link

I apologise for my inability to get the links to work...technology never ceases to fail me.

Edited by anglezoo