Sign in to follow this  
Dunkleosteus

[LDD MOC] La Spada - 10 gun xebec

pirates-indexed.gif LDD/MLCad 14D

Greetings, my dear colleagues!

This bright Christmas time the only way I can congratulate you is to delight your eyes and romanticize your minds with this graceful ship. :pir-classic:

I decided to dedicate this ship to my good friend Kolonialbeamter - his support and warm responses to my ships are essential for my creativity.

So there is a xebec - every person who has ever interested in maritime history was certainly fascinated by the grace of this light and dangerous ship. I used quite tiny scale, so there are only 10 cannons, but I am sure that little sea predator with unique abilities for close-hauled sailing can be incredibly dangerous, even for large vessels. This is my second xebec project and not the last for sure. :pir-classic:

16684173126_788ba4c845_c.jpg

You can find the ship here:

https://www.flickr.c...157651089454676

Creating this ship I used the same technology as here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=102498

and here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=102667

and here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=103561

Thank you for your attention :pir-classic:

The Xebec is really cool - and to me much different from your other ships. Well done!

Did you post the LDD-file somewhere?

Thanks pirate_classic.gif

No, I just have no idea how to post lxf files pir_laugh2.gif

Very nice, I love her shape, normally I'd say I'd like to see her in real bricks but judging from those pictures I'm assuming it's not possible.

The sails aren't attached, are they?

Im a little surprised my self that I've not yet commented on any of your LDD series. I used to have quite the LDD fleet myself and usually try to show support to my roots. This one may be your best yet. It's certainly not the largest or grandest but seems the most stylistic. I just plane like everything about her, from her color scheme and ginger/break-work, to her shape and historic reverence (a subject which is no secret dear to my heart). I too wonder about the feasibility of building her in living plastic and how heavy those brick built sails would really be. 

Very nice, I love her shape, normally I'd say I'd like to see her in real bricks but judging from those pictures I'm assuming it's not possible.

The sails aren't attached, are they?

Thank you pirate_classic.gif

It is quite possible to recreate this ship in bricks.

There are no canvas in LDD, so I used common plates for sails - they are hanging of course) Everything else is attached.

Im a little surprised my self that I've not yet commented on any of your LDD series. I used to have quite the LDD fleet myself and usually try to show support to my roots. This one may be your best yet. It's certainly not the largest or grandest but seems the most stylistic. I just plane like everything about her, from her color scheme and ginger/break-work, to her shape and historic reverence (a subject which is no secret dear to my heart). I too wonder about the feasibility of building her in living plastic and how heavy those brick built sails would really be.

Thank you very much for these kind words! Nice to meet a connoisseur of such rare ships like xebec.

The brick built sails are fabric alternative, just because unfortunately there are no fabric in LDD.

Are you able to email the file? I'll post the lxf file for this ship. Or you could use a free cloud service like dropbox.

It's the best Xebec I've seen, and much better than anything I've built.

Are you able to email the file? I'll post the lxf file for this ship. Or you could use a free cloud service like dropbox.

It's the best Xebec I've seen, and much better than anything I've built.

The file is already on the way to your email pirate_classic.gif

great work!!!

I see all your ship on brichself, and are fantastic!!!

thank you to share this LDD file!!

can you share the other file?

I like the Arbiter 80 gun ship :D

Thanks pirate_classic.gif

You can get a Dropbox account at dropbox.com. Then, go to the plus sign, hit "upload files", and navigate to the LXFs!

If you are willing to share LXFs, I would love the LXF of this model.

Or this model:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103561

I've never done this before in the forum, but theoretically it should work.

Here's the LXF file for download.

It works! Thank you.