So I prefer to build small. I managed to miniaturize all the functionality of a standard forklift (driving, lifting, tilting) into a chassis only 11 studs wide. One of the advantages this offered me (among better strength, speed and maneuverability) is that I was able to build an entire warehouse to muck about in.

This wasn't always the plan. I thought I'd just build two or three containers to show off its functionality, and that would be it. Then, the Android Sbrick app crashed and burned (or at least, it did on my phone) and it took two months for them to update the thing into relative functionality again. So I had plenty of time to build some scenery.

For the enthusiasts; I've uploaded a LXF file to Vayamenda.com so you can tinker with it.

25525191804_6f5809b9c7.jpg
25527159653_883b16afba.jpg
26074990065_155c3c01b7.jpg

(By the way, if you're a person who has built a forklift, could you link me to a picture of your forklift in this view? https://www.flickr.com/photos/28134808@N02/26063611241/ I'm very curious to see how it's scaled relative to other people's MOCs.)

What an amazing small perfect working forklift.

And the warehouse is great. Love all those pallets / containers.

But most of all: awesome video. :thumbup: :thumbup: .

I think it fits to the trucks of Ingmar (2LegoOrNot2Lego) and Designer Han.

This is so cool! It must be so much fun to play around in the warehouse :grin: How high can it reach? It seems to have two stages, but I couldn't tell if it actually can reach the top shelve. Did you really build three, or was that the result of some really good video editing? :wink:

Cool Thunderbirds box :sweet:

Fantastic video presentation, I risk to say: the best up to date, thank You! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great model, with great accessoires pack, outstanding attention for details, RESPECT.

The forklift itself is stunning, but man......I love those crates and pallets. The devil is in the details!

The video is well done too. The accident in the beginning immediately caught my attention :thumbup:

Needless to say I frontpaged it :wink:

Thank you for sharing this mindblowing forklift and the entire world you´ve created around it! Perfect technical performance and amazing details everywhere. Just love all the eye candies :wub: ! And the video is so neat and undescribably cool - on top of everything.

Truly outstanding! Building this small is so much trickier than building huge. Well done on making yet another excellent model.

And thanks for showing the backstage camera work! Love the motorized setup you created!

It's been a while since I had fun watching a video and being pleased with a MOC!! Thanks for bringing us this wonderful little creature!! Loved the video so much!

And yes small can be "MORE" than bigger models...

Oh you made a Lego camera dolly! Me face hurts from all the smiling!

Edited by Beard

Thank you all for your nice comments :classic: A lot of work went into this, and I'm glad it hit the mark.

I think it fits to the trucks of Ingmar (2LegoOrNot2Lego) and Designer Han.

That was very much intentional; some builders I know are collaborating, and building all their new models in the same scale (1:16 / 1:17). It all looks amazing together, and in this way I hope to contribute.

This is so cool! It must be so much fun to play around in the warehouse :grin: How high can it reach? It seems to have two stages, but I couldn't tell if it actually can reach the top shelve. Did you really build three, or was that the result of some really good video editing? :wink:

Cool Thunderbirds box :sweet:

It's great fun :laugh: The fork can reach a height of 25 studs. And you're right, it can't actually reach the top shelf- but my main goal was reached; it can actually reach higher than it's own height when the fork is all the way down (19 studs), so it can go under a shelf it just put goods on. And nope, I just buit one. Editing to the rescue.

The forklift itself is stunning, but man......I love those crates and pallets. The devil is in the details!

Needless to say I frontpaged it :wink:

Thanks! I also had a lot of fun building the pallets- they're neat mini-projects that don't take that much time to complete.

And thanks for showing the backstage camera work! Love the motorized setup you created!

It'd be a waste not to show it :grin: hopefully I can inspire others with their filming.

Me face hurts from all the smiling!

I can pretty much say the same reading all your comments. You all made my day :blush:

That's amazing!

The Moc itself is really nice...tender in some way :laugh: ....but the entire package is stunning!! Dollies, pallets, warehouse and the video editing, everything done at top level!

(By the way, if you're a person who has built a forklift, could you link me to a picture of your forklift in this view? https://www.flickr.c...02/26063611241/ I'm very curious to see how it's scaled relative to other people's MOCs.)

Ok here is mine: BTW, excellent job you've done on yours....so compact MG!

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/42/1444719155-20151013-073712.jpg

Edited by steph77

I love functional MOCs even more being small ones, what a beauty you have done, anyway I still preffer your rubber brick tracked machine unforgeteable.

Stunning - I'm trying to build stuff with the sbrick. Just HOW have you managed to get the battery box, servo, motors and sbrick and everything else into such a compact arrangement? I assume you're using the AAA or rechargeable battery ... Are there any photos of what it looks like on the inside? I'm going to have to stay up all night and copy this. Soooo cool.

This ist simply amazing!!!

Great work with stowing the technic an shaping the outside!

Fantastic! I wish my forklift could be fully functional like this at this scale.

I just buit one. Editing to the rescue.

Could you be more specific on editing? I’m really curious about this kind of “duplication” technic in video editing. Thanks!