Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[CH3A] - Discovering The Fountain of Youth

After the agents of the Crown and the much esteemed Oleander cartographers pinpointed the "almost exact" location of the Fountain of Youth according to the rumors already in circulation, an expedition from the already bustling city of Belson took off in order for the Fountain of Youth to be found for the glory of our mighty nation!

Preparations were assigned to Hugo D' Offren, an officer of the Crown that had proved its value more than once on these rough lands across this hostile ocean that had already claimed many ships and sailors. Sadly for Hugo, the leadership of this expedition was assigned to an Oleander noble (obviously due to his closer family ties with the King), freshly arrived from the mainland. Ooh, how infuriating that was for Hugo, especially now that he had already established his name and capabilities at New Terra Islands...

And so the expedition reached this underwater grotto that their big ships couldn't navigate in. Three rowboats were downed at the sea with their crew hand picked. One rowboat full of marines was to guard the entrance of this grotto from the cliff above, just in case... But obviously they had their fair share of action as well...

27765139795_7f06857ebc.jpg

...while the rest were about to proceed inside. Hearty, muscular sailors started to row and navigate around shallow reefs with underwater eyes always fixed on them...

27664549982_5903b4e6e9.jpg

And when the light was about to abandon them, they gasped in amazement...

The cave they reached was glittering with something like gold dust in the air (later on, due to an Eslandolan invention called magnifying glass, they found out they were really small fireflies), it smelled strangely pleasing and above all... it was teeming with plants and vines! How could that be??? What we used to learn at our academies back home, was that plants couldn't survive without sunlight. Yet this underwater cave was full of glorious plants and vines! That must sure be the work of this small but deep pond in the middle of the cave... We had just discovered... The Fountain of Youth!!!

27152952204_3646330afd.jpg

27486818800_875a0b3c4b.jpg

27664542122_b4bfe9fc38.jpg

27730991656_c6b447d937.jpg

What is not told at this story is that many years later, scientists found out that the water in the pond was not miraculous at all. It contained some forms of bacteria along with some sulfur that nourished the skin and made it look younger. But until then, we will let our protagonists be happy that they achieved immortality pirate_wink.gif

C&C always welcome! As always, a big thank you to Mpyromaxos for his lovely photographing and photo-editing capabilities!

Also inspiration came from the always great Sid Meier (photo below), from Disney's PoTC and from the countless documentaries, books and stories i have read about the fascinating Age of Sails.

27731503336_73002994bf.jpg

Very Nice build, my favoutite detail are the rockformations hanging from the roof

At first, with all those monkeys in the first pic, I thought I had stumbled onto a Captain Braunsfeld build! pir_laugh2.gif

Excellent work on the cave and the underwater elements! My only criticism is that I wish there was a layer of trans-clear plates or something similar at the surface of the water. But it is still an excellent build. Well done!

I love your idea with the stalagnites in the cave and the little story you created for this moc!

As always, a big thank you to Mpyromaxos for his lovely photographing and photo-editing capabilities!

You welcome my friend!

Ps. Monkeys rulez!!