AAC-1 Hovercraft

7 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Posted Image
Some of you may remember my AAC-1 Hovercraft, from battle front, I posted a while ago. Well Now I have made a version 2. This version has improved colors, as well as some work on getting rid of some of the gappyness.

Now I present to you, The AAC-1 Hovercraft, Version 2. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed. Please C&C.

Edited by KielDaMan, 09 June 2011 - 09:23 AM.
Indexed

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

Excellent creation 'Darth Yogi', you must be smarter than your average Sith Lord eh ? :wink:
Fantastic engines, smooth body work and big guns ! :devil:
My only worry with this is those wing pieces in the front, they don't allow a smooth flow around the craft, but apart from that   :thumbup: !
May the Sith be with you 'Darth Yogi' ! :grin:

#3 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

Nice job, Darth Yogi. I agree with LT, the wing plates on the front edge are kinda gappy still and do interrupt the flow of the MOC.

#4 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

A shot against the 'real' thing.
Posted Image Posted Image
It looks Very good Darth Yogi, but the front could be a little wider, the grills/vent things at the front are a bit narrow, but I love the turrets.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Very well done build darth yogi! I really like the overall smooth finish of the surfaces, though I have to agree with the others that the part that needs improvement are the slanted plates in front with visible gas. Instead of the plate technique, why don't you use slanted bricks for that part?

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#6 Hollander

Hollander

Member: 17672

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

I like it, it's a very accurate model of the real version. I can complain about the wing plates at the front, but, oh well, the whole thing itself looks cool enough to me! What about a nice swamp diorama?  :grin:

#7 apemax

apemax

Member: 13948

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

A really good AAC-1 darth yogi. Well done. :thumbup:

#8 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Thank you all for the kind comments, glad you liked it.  I agree that it is to gappy in some places, and if any of you have suggestions I would love to hear them.

View PostKielDaMan, on 20 May 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Very well done build darth yogi! I really like the overall smooth finish of the surfaces, though I have to agree with the others that the part that needs improvement are the slanted plates in front with visible gas. Instead of the plate technique, why don't you use slanted bricks for that part?
Thank you.  I don't think that the sloped bricks would really work.  They either get too much slope or are to tall.  Also I dont see how I would get the middle slanted slope.  Thanks anyway.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users