Gilbert Goat built his windmill on a large rock floating in the sky, so that he could catch more of the wind. He uses a balloon to travel up and down to the village when he needs to.

I always wanted to try buiding a floating rock, and it was when I acquired a bunch of trans clear technic beams that I had the idea of trying to use them as water. The rock is quite large and heavy, and both times I've displayed this, everyone comments that they think it's going to fall over. During building it almost fell over several times as I figured out how to make it stable, but it's quite well anchered now, even though it tends to lean to one side, and changes what side it leans to when I put on or take off the windmill :P It's also funny how parents are terrified to let their kids touch it, unlike anything else I've ever displayed... The funny thing is you can actually push it a bit, and it will wobble a bit back and forth, but not fall over :wink:

14494095412_5c2f9b6814_c.jpg

14308640390_a66499685d_c.jpg

14308829107_45f5435411_c.jpg

And a horizontal vertical (:wacko:) video of the windmill spinning:

Windmill in the skies

Sorry :tongue:

Wow! The concept and the execution are flawless! I would be terrified to let anyone near it, well done!

Wow! The concept and the execution are flawless! I would be terrified to let anyone near it, well done!

Thanks :sweet:. I did make sure it was well centered on the table, out of reach from accidental pushings, but I've never been so calm about displaying a fragile MOC before :laugh:. Maybe because everyone else was terrified to touch it :wink:

I saw the title of the thread an immediately thought of

I like what you've done - especially the inverted rockwork. It looks good!

Thank you. Can't say I had seen that video before, but I can see why you made the connection :wink:

That's a really amazing MOC! The structure looks really beautiful and I guess it was not easy to fix it to not fall apart only from looking at it :grin:

Thank you for sharing :wub: :wub:

I love your floating rock and Gilbert Goat's windmill! :classic:

Every time I come back here I switch between which I love best. It really looks like so much fun to play with (very carefully)! :laugh:

It really is very well done!

INCREDIBLE! I've never seen anything quite like it, it's beautifully done.

Surely good enough to be used in any future Lego Movie!

Very nice moc. Vivid colors, and very nice with the use of clear bricks to get the feeling of a windmill floating in the air.

This is awesome! I imagine it would have required a fair bit of patience!

That's a really amazing MOC! The structure looks really beautiful and I guess it was not easy to fix it to not fall apart only from looking at it :grin:

Thank you for sharing :wub: :wub:

No, it was not easy at all :laugh: There was much swearing involved :tongue:

I love your floating rock and Gilbert Goat's windmill! :classic:

Every time I come back here I switch between which I love best. It really looks like so much fun to play with (very carefully)! :laugh:

It really is very well done!

Haha, thanks. But no playing! It's purely for watching :wink:

INCREDIBLE! I've never seen anything quite like it, it's beautifully done.

Surely good enough to be used in any future Lego Movie!

Heh, thanks. I don't think I want Emmet and his wrecking crew to come destroy it though :laugh:

Very nice moc. Vivid colors, and very nice with the use of clear bricks to get the feeling of a windmill floating in the air.

Thank you :sweet:.

Wow, this is something completely different, great work, just don't sneeze.

Haha, thanks. No problems with sneezing, it'll just wobble around a bit :tongue:

This is awesome! I imagine it would have required a fair bit of patience!

Thanks! Yeah, patience, swearing, more swearing, and some rebuilding at times :laugh:

This is a big piece of engineering! Beautiful!

Thank you :sweet:

Well, I'd be petrified to touch it!

Anyway, great job as always Cecilie!

It's better that way :laugh:

The creation is amazing but I find the minifig in it to be a little creepy looking.

The creation is amazing but I find the minifig in it to be a little creepy looking.

Maybe it's because it's not a minifig but a Fabuland fig :wink:

I was going to mention Gorillaz too then!

Very impressive.

In fact, here is the one!

Oh no, poor windmill!! :cry_sad:

Wow! Definitely mind blowing and incredibly cool! Congratulations!

Should be featured in a fairy tale, animated film about -----------------------;

now it is time to play the fill in the blank game!

Excellent! The tentacle pieces as vines add sort of a creepy feel to it, the conical rock is technically impressive and the supports being waterfalls is a great idea.

Wow, I can't imagine what a... difficult task this must have been to build. :laugh: The end result is so striking.

But apart from the obvious awesomeness of having such a huge build supported in such a way, I really like the little details in your moc. Especially the windows on each side of the door, those look so nice. Great use of parts there.

Those tentacles are supposed to be roots, right? Or is the rock... alive? *horror music*

Thanks guys :sweet:

Those tentacles are supposed to be roots, right? Or is the rock... alive? *horror music*

Eh, yes, of course :look:

very well done, bravo - mainly the island and its roots sticking out underneath are giving it so realistic feeling + as I said elsewhere: the idea of "windmill holding in air by a waterfall" is quite surreal that I would like it anyway just because of the fact alone (as surrealism is so close to my beloved dadaism :wink: ) :thumbup::sweet:

Edited by bublible

brilliant work! the title made me think of the studio ghibli film "laputa, castle in the sky", and indeed your build is also remaniscent of that.