L-space

the Librarian

the Librarian

My first customized minifigure, all the other Discworld characters have been purist, but this is the exception to the rule.

There simple is no head or torso for him.

Both head and torso have been painted and the smile has been set with a sharpie-like pen.

The arms origin from a Hagrid and have been cut to fit.

In the background you can see the Library.

This MOC will need one bricklink order before being finished, but will not be posted untill my 500th post. To bring back a small tradition.

librarian_0.jpg

"300 pounds of mussle in an XXXL suite".

He is the Librarian to the Unseen University in Ankh-Morpork. It is beleaved he was once a wizard but refuses all attempts to bring him back to his former form. An extra pair of hands is always welcome at the high shelves.

Being an ape, he is known for his violent reaction to most people calling him a "monkey". He speaks a language whose vocabulary consists primarily of the single word Ook, inflected for simple affirmations and negations. Eeek is also occasionally heard, particularly in moments of panic or rage. Nonetheless, most people seem able to understand him.

librarian_3.jpg

librarian_1.jpg

librarian_5.jpg

MOCpages

brickshelf

What are the arms made of? I've been thinking about it and to me they looklike the arms off of a Toy Story fig but that can't be???

Both head and torso have been painted and the smile has been set with a sharpie-like pen.

The arms origin from a Hagrid and have been cut to fit.

What are the arms made of? I've been thinking about it and to me they looklike the arms off of a Toy Story fig but that can't be???

Like a said before :hmpf:Hagrid donated his. I chose the ones with the flesh hands because you pose these. The all brown arms cannot be posed.

You have to sand and cut down the joining socket. TLG made these bigger then normal minifigs. So carefull cutting and sanding before you take away to much.

good luck tuning this motorcycle buddy :laugh:

Very nice attemp to make the Librarian.

I read something that in the last book when the wizards invent Footbal/Soccer, he's made goalkeeper.

Is a Ewok Body also not a good idea? You must only cutting the ewok face. :cry_sad:

Edit: Love your Christmas Hogwatch avatar. Who's the grey guy besides Father DEATH?

Edited by Wout

Very nice attemp to make the Librarian.

I read something that in the last book when the wizards invent Footbal/Soccer, he's made goalkeeper.

Is a Ewok Body also not a good idea? You must only cutting the ewok face. :cry_sad:

Edit: Love your Christmas Hogwatch avatar. Who's the grey guy besides Father DEATH?

Thanks.

Yes, he will be the goalie. the book is "Unseen Academicals" btw. Only the hardback is out.

I'm afraid an Ewok would need to much work. The head is useless due to the hood and if you sand that down you're left with a teddybear.

The grey fella is supposed to be a troll. I've tried brick build and the rockmonster from Rock Raiders and then I remeberred that someone put the arms of the new rockmonster from Power Miners and decided to go with that. NowI can dress my trolls and keep full minifig control. I know that they are supposed to be at least 2 metres tall, but so is Chewbacca and that works as a normal minifig as well.

Good effort but can't help thinking there's a big smiley face on the torso. Maybe you can try adding some vertical curvy lines to the torso to simulate hair?

I wonder if a Chewbacca head will work better?

I'm on the waiting list at my local library for Unseen Academicals. Let's hope I get it just before xmas and then I can read it over xmas. That will be fantastic.

Good effort but can't help thinking there's a big smiley face on the torso. Maybe you can try adding some vertical curvy lines to the torso to simulate hair?

I wonder if a Chewbacca head will work better?

I'm on the waiting list at my local library for Unseen Academicals. Let's hope I get it just before xmas and then I can read it over xmas. That will be fantastic.

I wanted to keep it really simple, but you are right it does resemble a smiley :classic:

With a Chewbacca head I'm afraid he will just look like an angry teddybear

Ook! :thumbup:

That says it all. :laugh: