Wrinkledog

MOC: Lego Animals

With the world of Lego so full of mini-figs of all shapes and sizes, it seems to me the critters are sort of left out in the cold.

I recently started creating my own renditions of what Lego animals could look like. This has been so enjoyable that I thought I would share it with the world.

I can only imagine how amazing the world of Lego would be if these critters were to be created.

From the beginning I wanted to show what an entire family unit could look like.

I wanted to make them as close to a real Lego animal as possible, So I made all the adult critters have moving parts.

The babies were so small, that I modeled them in the same style as the dog, with no moving parts.

The first set I created was the family of Deer.

7312024030_f79d048b0f.jpg

I then moved on and created some Elk:

7312024218_ec09f56905.jpg

Staying in the same family line I then created some Moose:

7312024422_e17cf7323e.jpg

I decided to take a break from the hoof clan and started working on some soft paws.

The first family of soft paws I tackled was the Cheetah:

7312023776_e63379a3a6.jpg

I then hopped down under and created some Kangaroos:

7312024710_bf98be2c66.jpg

This is an ongoing project for me and I am currently working on some Lions, and then I plan to do some tigers. I will post updates as I get them finished.

I have a nice list of critters to follow the Tigers, so stay tuned to see where this project ends up. It should be a fun ride :classic:

I am also toying with the idea of modifying some of the bigger critters so they can wear saddles. Such as the deer, the elk, and moose.

I am creating the male lion so he is able to wear a saddle, and I plan on making the tiger able to wear a saddle as well.

Just imagine an army of warriors riding into battle on tigers. Oh yeah! :classic:

I think many of you can understand how nice it would be to have more Lego Animals.

If you are in agreement with me and you want to let Lego know you want to see more Lego animals created, you can support this project on Cuusoo:

Cuusoo: Wild Encounters

This is a continuing work in progress and I will be updating the project as I get more critters done.

I have a flickr location that I am stashing the images for this project. I will be adding images to that location as I get the critters finished up.

Flickr: Wild Encounters

Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

These are excellently designed. :wub:

I love the deer, cheetahs, and kangaroos. Lego definitely needs more animals, especially with the newer forest themes.

These are really neat. The mama deer could use a makeover, in my opinion. I thought it was a donkey.

Very beautiful!

I especially like the kangaroos!

Maybe the elks' antlers are a bit more datailled than a real product would be.

So nice! Just love the moose family! Just think how great it would be to populate my forests with these beauties!!

Thank you all for the comments. It really helps to hear the different opinions, and suggestions. I want you to know I really do appreciate it :classic:

I have finished up the Lions and would like to share them with you at this time:

7170761777_d121753a7d.jpg

I made the Male lion so he could wear a saddle. Here is my scale figure riding the Lion:

7355975462_dc0a8281e5.jpg

I can only begin to imagine the cool MOCs an animal like this could help create :classic:

These are totally awesome renders! They're all so great, I don't know which is my favourite. May I ask what program you used? Man, I hope TLG produces these!

Hey I love your work! Please continue adding more animals! I've always hope LEGO would produce a ZOO (not Duplo) for its City theme. Hope this will encourage them to look into such a possibility!

Great work Wrinkledog! Certain Lego animals are long overdue. The kangaroos are particularly great - I'd really like to see Lego produce some rhinos and hippos (the hippos should have a moveable mouth and be able to be pulled apart so that the top half can be put on a blue plate to look like they are half submerged in water). Some giraffes, gorillas and smaller animals like toucans and penguins would be great too!

Keep up the good work and I hope this thread will feature many more of your designs (please)!

In reply to the question about what program I made these in. I used 3d Studio Max to create all the elements in these images.

Good job, more animals are never a bad thing.

I think two baisc moulds could be enough for the big big cats; 1 for smaller ones (cheetahs, leopards, pumas), one for larger species (lionesses, tigers, jaguars), with a mane for male lions. They would simply be differentiated by color and coat patterns. And why not, a universul cub mould.

Im waiting to see what youve got coming next!

Supported!

Very cool animals!

I also noticed the lack of (bigger) animals in LEGO.

The kangaroo is my favourite at the moment! :wink:

*supported on Cuusoo*

It's hard to give the necessary Cuusoo info. I put it at 100/1. Then proceeded to say that my info was under the assumption of this being an animal pack. Then said I'd love to see these animals and more.

This is a brilliant idea! And even a greater way to present these LEGO animals with your digital renders - makes it much more a 'sellable' concept with these visualizations. As they are I think they're already perfect molds for LEGO to use. This is one of the few CUUSOO entries that I could really see being part of regular themes like CITY (zoo), or a 'Safari Adventure'-type of theme. Now this just needs a strong support from the FOL community - and you certainly have mine. :thumbup:

I love the work that you are doing. The deer, elk, moose, etc would fill out some great forest MOCs in a whole range of themes-- Castle to City, and tigers, lions, and cheetahs would be welcome additions to my Pirates MOCs.

I love the idea, and hope that Lego takes this one to heart. Seems perfect for them.

I personally want to thank Eurobricks as a whole for the support on this project! It's so amazing to see how many people are getting behind this. I really appreciate all the comments, and I am happy to hear so many of you are enjoying my thoughts on what Lego animals could look like. I want you all to know that I am not done with this project, and I will be continuing to add to it as my time allows. There are so many wonderful critters that are just waiting to be made :classic:

So please stay tuned, :classic:

As I said already these are insanely cool. What if LEGO made CAF (colectable animal figures) and then sold them like CMF.

As awesome as that sounds I think the cost for molds would be prohibitive in this case

Got my vote!

I have been hoping for a zoo / circus theme for ages!

Any chance you could have a crack at doing another elephant? Asian and African? I'm not a huge fan of the last style especially the way the trunk is positioned!

I just finished up the Tigers, and I wanted to share them with you.

Here are the Orange Tigers:

7371474884_80bfbc60bd.jpg

Here are the White Tigers:

7371475028_cd61a25d84.jpg

I could not resist, so I went ahead and made the adult tigers able to wear saddles:

7371475080_7568deaa34.jpg

I also wanted to say again how much I appreceate all the support and the comments. I am hoping to make some changes based on the various comments I have read. It just comes down to time :classic: