Sign in to follow this  
MdrnMrvls

MOC: Old Office Building

This is an office building containing three floors, a barber, a real-estate business, and a clothing store. The build used up the rest of my useful brown bricks, which was quite a pain, but I got it to all work out fine.

An overall view:

old_office_building1.jpg

Far out view:

old_office_building3.jpg

Together with the Hardware Store:

old_office_building11.jpg

Hope you enjoy! And, as always, please visit my Brickshelf gallery (when public) and Flickr for more photos.

Thanks!

Great job. Very well designed, however I like the detail on the hardware store more than the simplicity of the model.

I also like the "sunken-in" windows and front/ side section (where the door is). Keep up the good work.

Great! Simple design but with nice details. :thumbup: I also like the clothes store in the interior :wink:

it looks great, it looks very much like buildings built in the 50's. i like the messed up brown colours :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

I like buildings like this because they are more realistic to an actual city. Is this modular because i feel like it would work well with the other modular buildings.

I like buildings like this because they are more realistic to an actual city. Is this modular because i feel like it would work well with the other modular buildings.

It's kind of a different design compared to the regular CC type buildings. I built the facade first then I added the floors in, so now it is only the floors that come off. It's not really modular, but I could make it so, because even though the floors are the same, the plates beneath these holding them together are in different places, so it would not match up. I could have made it modular, but my supply of brown tile plates is very low.

it looks great, it looks very much like buildings built in the 50's. i like the messed up brown colours default_thumbup.gif

Thanks! :classic:

Great stuff- the mixing of the old and new browns works quite well I think, and I love the simplicity (yet interesting subtle details).

I really want to build City again.