Col. Brik

Hurricane April

Haven't posted in awhile, just like enjoying everyone else fine work and MOC's here.

Anyway, the story behind the post. PBR is I am my two sons display. It looked like this up until last weekend.

100_3122.jpg

Well, I went on Vacation and my two sons and their cousin had what has become a annual Hurricane

HPIM1203.jpg

HPIM1201.jpg

So PBR is decimated. Many Figs lost in the winds. I am now trying to come up with a new idea, theme, layout for our LEGO Country. I'm thinking of multiple themes. Or possibly one giant base and open area for the kids to war in while I am not paying attention, or on Vacation.

I wasn't mad when I returned. I kind of expected it since I have let them play freely and never get upset when they take something down and make something else. It is fun to watch what they come up with at 7 and 4 years old. I guess they didn't have any good ideas, or the Clones must have went all Order 66 and decided to destroy everything.

Edit

The New PBR is up and going. Very different, the country is now three provinces with their own leadership

HPIM1284.jpg

The South Province

HPIM1280.jpg

The Middle Province

HPIM1282.jpg

The North Province

HPIM1281.jpg

Edited by Col. Brik

Wow, that is quite some destruction. I would make it one giant, bit base because that would look better than multiply themes in my opinion.

LegoKing

I always enjoy seeing these BEFORE and AFTER pictures. Usually, a cat or pet is often times the "hurricane".

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate event. But then again, if your two boys (and cousin) had fun, that's what Lego is all about.

Wow, that is quite some destruction. I would make it one giant, bit base because that would look better than multiply themes in my opinion.

LegoKing

Thinking of building three large compounds. One for each of us. Then we can do as we like in our personal areas.

I always enjoy seeing these BEFORE and AFTER pictures. Usually, a cat or pet is often times the "hurricane".

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate event. But then again, if your two boys (and cousin) had fun, that's what Lego is all about.

It's not the first time. They did have fun, and are all ready staking out new territory plus negotiating who gets which minifigs. Our rebuilding efforts will begin this weekend since rain is on the weather report :classic:

I rate that level of destruction as being a category 4 hurricane. Wind speeds between 131 and 154 mph. Catastrophic damage to structures. Extensive loss of life.

Mother nature is a powerful force.

On a side note, it looks as though they had fun. :classic:

Yeah. Children are just around the bend for me. I'm so meticulous about my own sets that I might have to learn how to reconcile my own adult feelings about LEGO with a child's. Time will tell. But yes, it looks as if they had fun. :classic:

I rate that level of destruction as being a category 4 hurricane. Wind speeds between 131 and 154 mph. Catastrophic damage to structures. Extensive loss of life.

Mother nature is a powerful force.

On a side note, it looks as though they had fun. :classic:

I initially figured a Cat 5 but there where some structures that made it so it was downgraded to a 4 :tongue:

Yeah. Children are just around the bend for me. I'm so meticulous about my own sets that I might have to learn how to reconcile my own adult feelings about LEGO with a child's. Time will tell. But yes, it looks as if they had fun. :classic:

You still have a solid 4 years then if they are just around the bend. My oldest didn't become interested until 3, 4 years old. Which is about the age they find out that trying to pass a 1x2 stud isn't fun ;)

Last night we completely cleared the table. Now comes the fun of sorting everything and trying to come up with a new layout. It does look like it will be split into three different zones of control. Two of which will have a very apocalyptic look to them I think.

lol , they're the real hurricane! you should get angry sometimes^^

Edited by Guss

lol , they're the real hurricane! you should get angry sometimes^^

They are much like I am. Give them a inch, they will take a mile. I made the mistake of telling them they could play with the minifigs and buildings I built. Then they asked if they could have a Brikwar. Which they play it the proper way, all out chaos and destruction. Then it spread to the table. Then I went on vacation and it was all out War that they claimed didn't happen. So it has been called a Hurricane.

I've been racking my brain this morning as to what to build next. To build another massive city complex, three separate territories, or just build MOC's that they can play with. I'm thinking a combination of the three so they can both have big bases to design as they see fit and then a so called "No Mans Land" that is a free for all area. That could be a general city area and I could put MOCs in it and see how long they last.

I can foresee a lot of negotiating and concessions between us for territory, what bricks, and which figs we will get. This could be interesting.

Thinking of building three large compounds. One for each of us. Then we can do as we like in our personal areas.

I do like this idea. Please take pictures of the finished product.

LegoKing

Sorry to hear about the natural disaster hitting your town. I know what that kind of destruction is like.

Usually, a cat or pet is often times the "hurricane".

In the case of my little town the hurricane was a drunken friend who I allowed to sleep on my floor since he couldn't get a taxi and didn't want to walk several miles to get home. Soon after the event my town was reconstructed in a different part of my room as far from the door as possible.

The New PBR is up and going. Very different, the country is now three provinces with their own leadership. From left to right

"The Wise Man" South Province, "Bob the King" Middle Province, "Crazy Ivan" North Province

HPIM1284.jpg

The South Province

HPIM1280.jpg

The Middle Province

HPIM1282.jpg

The North Province

HPIM1281.jpg

Edited by Col. Brik

Sweet, the town is back up! I like the middle providence the most.

Thank you.

The Middle Province is my Seven year olds area. He enjoys the Castle and Star Wars. Little disorganized since he was having some internal issues with the two themes getting along.

More work continues every day. :classic: