Sign in to follow this  
ED-209

Superheroes au-go-go!

Fairly self explanatory really. Some of my superhero decals.

Superman:

Superman.jpg

Batgirl (based on the Lego Batman video game):

Batgirl.jpg

The Riddler (in his dapper dark green suit):

Riddler.jpg

Nick Fury (as portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson in the Iron Man film):

Fury.jpg

The Incredible Hulk (in classic purple pants):

Hulk01.jpg

The Incredible Hulk (in more modern/sensible blue pants):

Hulk02.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by ED-209

these are beautiful.

~tin7

Thank you! :blush:

Very well done. The incredible hulk and superman ones are the best. Perhaps you can deeplink the pics?

Good idea! I posted them last night and, rather stupidly, didn't think of deeplinking them! So I deeplinked this morning as I was heading out the door to work.

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with the Supes one too. I'm just dying to print one up and order one of AreaLight's wonderful Superman hairpieces!

1438141945_7fa1d3c6b8_o.jpg

Woo, these are reallly nice! If TLC ever made any of these characters, I'm sure they'd look just like yours (Batgirl would of course). :grin: My favourites are Supes, Batgirl and the Riddler, but that's probably because I prefer DC to Marvel, and those are some of my favourite DC characters. The others are great too though! :thumbup:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Wonderful work. Did you make these for a MOC or just for the fun of it?

Really just for the fun of it to be honest, well, at least at this stage. When I've built up enough decals to fill an A4 page I intend to either print them all at once myself, or get them all printed professionally.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it's always nice to feel appreciated! :grin:

I'm open to any other suggestions, if anyone has any good ideas for other characters to make decals for?

I'm open to any other suggestions, if anyone has any good ideas for other characters to make decals for?

How about Wonder Woman or early Dick Grayson Robin (old style suit, from before official Lego one)?

I'd be interested to see how those turn out!

How about Wonder Woman or early Dick Grayson Robin (old style suit, from before official Lego one)?

I'd be interested to see how those turn out!

Say, that's a great idea! :grin:

WonderWomanyellow.jpg

RobinGrayson.jpg

I assume this was the kind of Robin outfit you were thinking of? I decided against doing detailed musculature because it looked a little freaky! Don't forget to use use "naked" arms and legs though! :laugh:

I intend to make Wonder Woman in both yellow and flesh tones, but can anyone tell me what colour the flesh of licensed figures is? I'm trying to match the CMYK values using the colour charts:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

...but "flesh" (officially "nougat") seems way off. Am I way off here, or what? :wacko:

Say, that's a great idea! :grin:

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/E...Womanyellow.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/E...obinGrayson.jpg

I assume this was the kind of Robin outfit you were thinking of? I decided against doing detailed musculature because it looked a little freaky! Don't forget to use use "naked" arms and legs though! :laugh:

Wow! Not only are you great at making decals, you're really quick! Those are very very good, I like them a lot. :thumbup: Interesting bump instead of muscles! :tongue:

I intend to make Wonder Woman in both yellow and flesh tones, but can anyone tell me what colour the flesh of licensed figures is? I'm trying to match the CMYK values using the colour charts:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

...but "flesh" (officially "nougat") seems way off. Am I way off here, or what? :wacko:

Hmm... it does look a little too dark, but it might not be. You'd probably have to test it first by printing it. Three of the "orange" colours on the second list look a bit more like the light flesh colour.

Edited by Shoc

You've done a really good job!

You must be a really good designer, they look perfect.

The best are the one from HULK and RIDDLER.

Thanks for sharing these beauties :wub:

'Bricks'

wow, your decals are great! :thumbup:

you should apply them to see how they look.

your hulk is nice. though i can see where you got the grimace from! :tongue: it's hard to apply hulk to a normal mf though... since the hulk needs to be much larger.

your hulk is nice. though i can see where you got the grimace from! :tongue: it's hard to apply hulk to a normal mf though... since the hulk needs to be much larger.

Thanks! Yeah, I try to base the faces on official Lego heads so they kind of "fit in" more. The Hulk is based on one of the Viking heads, Nick Fury is based on the new pirate captain, Wonder Woman is based on Catwoman.

Anyway, here's a few more:

First up is Wonder Woman again, this time in the new "licensed minifig" flesh tone. It seems a little off to me, but these are apparantly the correct CMYK values. I've added the face decal too (for both versions), as I stupidly forgot that she'd need her tiara!

WonderWomanflesh.jpg

Wow! Not only are you great at making decals, you're really quick! Those are very very good, I like them a lot. :thumbup: Interesting bump instead of muscles! :tongue:

LOL, thank you, well the "bump" is meant to be more of a "crease" in the outfit! I wasn't trying to portray a pot-bellied Robin, although that is a rather funny concept! I sort of went with the way that Burt Ward's costume was more of a tunic than tights (or at least that was my intention!) But here's a version of Grayson's outfit with a more heroic physique if you'd prefer it!

p><p>And just for good measure, Hal Jordan

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss186/EdwardTheRed/Lego%20decals/GreenLantern.jpg' alt='GreenLantern.jpg'>

Wow!

Your Wonder Woman face decal is great, as is the Green Lantern's body decal! You are a brilliant Lego artist. :thumbup:

I like the muscled version of Robin's torso just the same as the creased one, that wasn't a complaint before. :tongue:

All your decals look how they would as official minifigures, so really well done! :sweet:

Have you tried Martian Manhunter, body and face? That would look really cool...

Edited by Shoc

Have you tried Martian Manhunter, body and face? That would look really cool...

Haha! That's a great idea! :tongue:

MartianManhunter.jpg

That was a really speedy reply, and once again, it looks awesome!

Martian Manhunter is one of my favourite looking superheroes, and you've kept that great look while having him in Lego form. :alien: I can't stop praising your great work! :thumbup:

Thanks Shoc, thought I'd add in a couple of new ones! :thumbup:

Reed Richards, Mr Fantastic:

FFReed.jpg

and his wife Sue Storm, The Invisible Woman:

FFSue.jpg

I suppose Reed's torso could also be used for Johnny Storm when he's not on fire too.

Two versions of a Spidey villain, the Sandman:

Sandman01.jpg

Sandman02.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy! :sweet:

And BTW, I'm still open to further suggestions/requests that anyone might have?

Edited by ED-209

Green lantern is the best and the others are pretty good.

Lex Luthor like in the graphic novel: "lex luthor man of steel" will be great if you give it a try.

He is my favourite "hero".

Big thanks for your earlier works. :thumbup: