Sign in to follow this  
dviddy

MOC: Smeagol4

This is a MOC I've been formulating since October. It is a MOC representing BZPower staff member Smeagol4, who asked me why I had never built him a MOC, even though I build in white so often.

This was a good point.

So!

Image links to Brickshelf gallery:

smeagbzp.jpg

smeag00.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag06.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag07.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag08.jpg_thumb.jpg

smeag01.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag04.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag05.jpg_thumb.jpg | smeag12.jpg_thumb.jpg

The swords are indeed sheathed on his hips inside the wing plates. They are flex tubes that my cat had gotten to, and so, as they were ruined for anything else, I flattened them with some pliers. Now they look like sword blades!

The sword made out of green flames stores on his back (as you can see in the pictues above). I bought the green flames on the Internet in bulk, just so in case anyone is wondering.

I don't think I've ever used sand green in a MOC before, and I mean like, ever. So even though I bought a bunch of the sand green pieces on-line years ago, Smeagol4 here gets to use it first.

The colors remind me of mint ice cream.

Which is delicious just like Smeag. :D

-Omi

The colors remind me of mint ice cream.

With chocolate feet! :tongue:

Excellent Moc. The colors really make it stand out.

Impressive piece. I do think that a more unified design would have been nice, with either all Lego bricks being either curved or sharp angle slopes, but I understand the lack of pieces. I also really enjoyed the sheaths and wish there was a better piece to simulate the sword effect rather than mauled pipes! The legs follow the same design and I like it, though the lower leg pieces are a little simple- but, sometimes minimalism works. The arms are again, quite simplistic, with a mixture of angled and curved bricks throughout- I would have also enjoyed seeing a mixture on the entire piece. However, you did fantastic work on the torso as usual, continuing the mixed theme all over and form a very streamlined piece. The feet are also simple, and while unorthodox, are very nice- I can tell they're pretty stable in design. I would only suggest a little more bulk to them with a mint green highlight or two. As a whole, the piece is very nice, and the only real complaint I have is the lack of mixture in angles on the legs. I was hoping for a nice brick-built or fusion sword on his back, simply because the green flames only match the eyes, but it still came out well and I love the technique- I've used it a couple times myself. Keep it up!