Sign in to follow this  
Front

MOC: Rahkshi version 2010

Another moc I've made, quite small but this might be my favorite. Although it may look like a set that could be official, it does contain some neat building tricks that probably is not ok for the age group.

It has a unique way of connecting the two double-angled technic beams with Rahkshi Chest Section to form the torso that can hold the three spine spikes at the back. The top of the three spines form the connection between the double-angled beams and the Rahkshi Chest Section, so it's kind of three elements forming a triangle.

4611322046_c54089399d_o.jpg

I aimed at making a creature true to the original look and feel of the 2003 Rahkshi, but off course there are no gears in this set.

4610712445_17aa2def5b_o.jpg

I might end up making this one in more colour versions, if I have the parts needed.

Comments, critics, and questions are welcome.

Front

Hmm, didn't know it was possible for a Rahkshi of Density Control to exist in set form.

The back could use some work, but all in all, a very good MOC. I would love to own this set.

The Rahskshi is... well, what we should have gotten this year. No joke. So nice and detailed. The way you used the blades for the spine remind me a lot of the movie version Rahskshi, with those huge ones. The Gorast feet is a good choice here, so are the Skrall tight armor.

It's a good way to make an awesome Rahkshi ith justa few pieces.

My only complaint would be maybe the Staff. The extreme blades look small to me, in comparision to the original models. Maybe there's something you can use?

All in all, an awesome MoC :classic:

Edited by Nightmare

Excellent job! That's a nice Rahkshi MOC, in fact I think it's one of the best I've seen yet. I really like the body design, although the way you made the spine makes it look too 'bulky'. The color scheme is nice, too. The feet seem to make the Rahkshi a bit more realistic, but why use flat feet for Rahkshi in 2003 and now all of a sudden this change to clawed feet? Anyways, great MOC! :classic:

Edited by Captain M

Thank you guys for comments.

In retrospect I might have wanted the legs a bit slimmer, not using the wide and clumsy shin piece, and maybe dropping the black Skrall armor for something smaller.