Sign in to follow this  
Matsuoka Nui

Decade: The Endless Journey

Decade: The Endless Journey

So, I’m guessing that all of you are wondering about Erax, eh? Like, why does he appear in most of my epics? What’s his purpose of entering one world to the next? Well, there were some clues that were mentioned back in the Averax Magna Series; however, they were never fully explained. This epic will be the answer to all of your questions about this interesting Glatorian.

The story begins after Erax’s departure of Spherus Magna in the AMC Universe, until his return in “The Frozen Time/A Final Wish”.

*Most of the worlds he will visit, he will stay there as little as few days, but some other worlds, he’ll stay for months just to complete his specific task in that world. It all depends on Hituzen (inevitable). Some of the worlds will be “revisited” from my older stories while several new dimensions will be revealed.

Characters

Erax- The Glatorian who must go through world by world to find his way back home. He is granted to cross dimensions but his price of his “memories” prior to meeting Yukko will disappear.

Yukko- The Dimensional Witch who owns a shop that can grant anyone wishes as long as they pay a price. (from xxxHolic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)

Garaxial- Known for his schemes against Skralla and Mata Nui back in the PS and AMC stories. He was also watching Erax's journey to make sure that he would be sent to certain worlds to fulfill his wish. After making an alliance with FWR (from Tsubasa RC), the two are now a greater menace!

Sarhax- One of Garaxial's students who became of one of his personal guards.

Fang Wong Reed- Allied with Garaxial in order to fulfill his wish. More of his treachery can be read in xxxHolic and Tsubasa.

~~~

Bara Magna/Bota Magna *Based from the prophesied Bionicle 5 Movie!

*Alternate Mata Nui

*Alternate Kiina

*Alternate Ackar

*Alternate Oris

*Vas- The Agori Elder of the Mist Village

*Meolo- One of the Agori residents; a guard

*Castra- A female Agori guard

*Karda Nui

*Alternate Krika

*Alternate Takanuva

*Alternate Av-Matoran

*Alternate Klakk

*Voya Nui/Mahri Nui

*Alternate Axonn

*Alternate Toa Nuva

*Alternate Toa Inika (Toa Mahri)

*Alternate Kyhrex, Sarda, Idris and Defilak

*Alternate Barraki

*Alternate Piraka

*Metru Nui (Events During Time Trap)

*Alternate Vakama

*Alternate Rahaga

*Alternate Teridax

*Alternate Dume

*Alternate Keetongu- Has the power to grant anyone only one wish. He finally granted Erax's wish to stop Vakama from destroying the Vahi, thus keeping the world safe from the time flashes.

*Alternate Shadowed One, Sentrakh and Voporak

*Mata Nui (Time-Warped)

*In this universe, Vakama destroyed the Vahi, which caused time "impulses" and flashes throughout the MU and outside. The fate of this world is restored after Erax made his wish to Keetongu which fixed this universe back to normal.

Alternate Turaga Vakama

Alternate Jalller

Alternate Takua (deceased)

*Hanshin Republic (The Twin World of Kenax, seen in Tsubasa Chronicle!)

Shogo- A character from Tsubasa RC, leader of his clan and the other self of Aeran. Though his usage of power is different than Aeran's or Erax's, his leadership will eventually teach Aeran what it takes to save his own world.

Primera- Another character from TRC, known for her famous singing techniques (however, we don't see her using them in this story as she is still a trainee)

*Kenax City (Kenax Country)

Aeran (Real Name: Arioto)- A character from the AMC series. He was known to have met Sakari and Syarix back in the first book of AMC as well as fighting in the Battle of Averax Magna in "A Final Wish". It has been revealed that he had a family of his own, before they were killed by Sehrox. He has his other self in the Hanshin Republic, one who has great power within his heart.

Belara and Tsuzako: Arioto's parents who were killed by some of Sehrox's men

Sehrox- One of the "descendants" of the original tyrant (named is not yet revealed) who wishes to gain control of Kenax Country. He sent some of his members to kill off Aeran's parents. He eventually encountered Erax working with Aeran and made fun of both.

*"Ignika Magna Universe"

Master Ignika- A tyranny ruler of the land of "Ignika Magna".

Alternate Skralla- One of the members of the Sisters' Farmers.

Alternate Belirax- A member of the Sisters' Farmers.

Alternate Sarhax- This version is one of the members of the Sisters' Farmers.

Daraus- A seemingly loyal friend to Ignika who dared to kill him in order to help the residents.

Alternate Krakua- A resident of this country.

Alternate Lesovikk- This version of him is actually a traveler like Erax. (Though it's unknown if we'll see him again)

*This story will take place in many universes starting from what happened in Averax Magna 2: The Frozen Time up to pre-Petals In the Pond. The Prologue and Epilogue…well, you’ll have to wait, it’s a surprise, but there will be characters that you all know very well…;)

*And speaking of characters...Remember what I said about having a character you want to see? Now’s the chance to either comment in the review or PM to me about what character do you wish to appear. I know that I don’t ask others for requests, but this time, I could use some opinions here, please. More opinions = better this story will be!

Locations/ Map

(From Beginning to End), Keep in mind that most of these locations are not finalized yet. This is to just have an idea of what he’ll travel to like an itinerary. (You’ll see the ones that says “Pending” which are the ones that I’m not quite too sure yet) KEEP IN MIND THAT CHANGES TO EACH WORLD MIGHT OCCUR W/O WARNING. So please, refer to this post in terms of updates.

*Spherus Magna (Averax Trilogy, Core War)

*Yukko’s Shop, Tokyo, Japan (from the anime/manga xxxHolic)

*Ignika Magna Alternate Universe (A new universe! :) )

*Kenax City (Pre-Averax, New Information Revealed!!)

*Hanshin Republic (Pre-Tsubasa)

*Island of Mata Nui (Time-Warped)

*Metru Nui/Time Trap

*Voya Nui/Mahri Nui (Alternate Version to 2006-2007)

*Karda Nui (Similar to 2008)

*Bota Magna Expedition (the “prophesied Bionicle 5” Movie that never came to be)

*Bara Magna >> Verona Magna (see Petals in the Pond)

*Bara Magna >> Spherus Magna >>Averax Magna (AMC Trilogy)

Edited by Toa Syaoran

Prologue: An Inevitable Encounter

Averax Magna (Present Time, Post “AFW” ending)

Erax looked at the beautiful view of the kingdom alongside with Sakari and Syarix from the palace. It has been a few weeks since they fought a great battle here with another group of beings. Afterwards, Erax gave up some of his powerful items that guided him throughout a dangerous journey. This choice granted him the memories of his past, which was quite shocking to him. Once he was settled with the memories, he was able to rest, think, and ask questions to his long-lost friends.

However, Sakari wanted to know more about this warrior, but her mother told her to not bother him for a while because of his ‘shock’ of memories. Eventually, she grew impatient, but she knew that it would take more than just simply asking him.

“None of us blames you,” said Sakari finally, “Your journey… was just as painful as ours.”

“No,” he answered, still overlooking the kingdom, “Mines was worse, believe it or not. You and Syarix had troubles to encounter, true...but for me, I thought I would never come home. After I paid that price to the witch, I had no clue where I was going.”

“Is it alright if you tell us?” asked Syarix, “About your journey?

“Please?” said Sakari, “I know my mother won’t be quite pleased, but we’ll just keep this a secret.”

Erax was about to say no, but he knew that these children were right; they had similar problems in terms of being away from home, but something about theirs was different. Could it be that they had other selves? Or was it that their wishes were not the same as his?

“Alright,” he finally answered as he turned to them, “I will tell you everything. But remember this; sometimes a warrior must sacrifice everything in order to change the future. And he must remember…that it takes more than just having the will to sacrifice...for that it’s only determined by hitsuzen,”

The two seemed unsure of what he was saying, but they knew that it would have to hear his story to understand this proverb. Erax continued, speaking the words of his endless travel…

The Past…(Core War)

My name is Erax, a Glatorian from Spherus Magna. One day, I was sent by my commander to help Vastus bring a bucket of some specialized liquid to the scientists where they were making a project out of it. However, I encountered several Skrall while traversing through Bota Magna along with Vastus and another soldier. That is when everything changed…forever…

It seems that this journey that I will encounter will be like a decade of endless travel. I wonder what’s it like to walk a million miles?

Erax arrived at the outpost of Tesara. He found several other warriors in discussion about forming an alliance with the Ice Tribe in order to distract the Fire Tribe from gaining access to the Northern Frost.

“Good,” said Vastus, “We have a favor to ask you.”

“And what is?” asked Erax.

“We need you to come with us to bring this sample to the Great Beings,” he answered, showing the warrior a canister of a silvery liquid, “We need someone to come and guard us as we turn this in.”

“But that’s--” said Erax.

“Indeed, that magic liquid that everyone’s been fighting for,” he replied, “But we have to hurry. The Skrall are not far behind to catch up.”

Vastus, Erax, and a third solider walked through the woods, heading towards Bota Magna where they were to meet with a Great Being.

“So you’ve met a Great Being?” asked Erax, “What was he like?”

“Just a large and imposing figure with a dark cloak; you couldn’t see his face, but he has something powerful up his sleeve. I don’t know what it is but if I can find out, perhaps we could get something out of it,” said Vastus.

“Halt!” said the third warrior, “I hear something.”

The three turned but saw nobody around. However, they could feel a sense of great power emerging nearby. Had they known who it was, it would have been two figures; one whose power was as bright as the stars while the other was strong and made an important vow to one of his friends.

“Must have been some creature,” muttered Vastus as he handed the container to Erax, “Keep moving.”

The three took another step when they saw several Skrall jumping out of their hiding places; each of them had their swords and spears at the ready.

“Just great,” said Erax, as he took a tighter grip on the canister.

“Whatever you are carrying,” said one of the Skrall, “Give it to us and there will be no harm.”

“I’m sorry, but we have a right to ignore your requests,” growled Vastus, spear at the ready.

“I said, give us that liquid now!” shouted Branar, “Or die in the name of the Rock Tribe!”

Erax took a few steps back. Throughout the war, he sometimes wished that he could just runaway from a tough situation and search for a better life to live through. As he took another step, he tripped over and dropped the sample. The canister broke, exploding its contents on top of him. Before he realized it, something was changing in his body.

“Are you alright?” asked Vastus.

Before his eyes, Erax’s body was beginning to glow. Then a strange symbol emerged from the ground; a complex design that was filled with circles and other odd shapes. Then swirls of light were enveloping him, sending him into the void.

“Erax!” he shouted, “What’s happening?”

“This liquid…” said Erax, “It’s changing me…”

Before anyone’s eyes, the warrior began to disappear from view. The Skrall wanted to attack him but a strange wave of power knocked them out of their feet. Vastus was thrown towards a tree by the powerful wave. As soon as the light disappeared, Erax was gone with nothing left to mark his passing.

Tokyo, Japan

Yukko sat on her couch, smoking her pipe; she was waiting for dinner as Watanuki was making some vegetarian pot-stickers and fried rice. The scent filled the room with room as the smell of dinner was going to be delicious as always.

Mokona Larg, known for its power to sense spirits gasped at a “change” in the nature of the world.

“Yukko,” said Mokona, “Someone is coming here.”

“Indeed,” she answered, as she got up, “This customer is totally different than all of the ones that we encountered so far.”

Yukko went outside in the rain, looking up at the clouds. Already, she could tell that the sky was about to open a stranger from another strange world. Before her eyes, there was someone coming; a green armored warrior who worn strange armor that she had never seen.

Erax opened his eyes and saw a strange lady who was dressed in black robes. Already, he could sense some strange powers within her.

“Welcome, young warrior,” said Yukko, “You are in Tokyo, Japan.”

“And who are you?” growled Erax.

“Please give me your name first,” she replied.

“It’s Erax, if that’s what you want. And could you tell me why I’m here?” he asked.

“My name’s Yukko, known as the Dimensional Witch,” she answered, “And this house here, is my shop; where anyone can make a wish.”

Watanuki took a peak outside and was almost freaked out by the sight of this stranger. He never saw such a strange, imposing figure with shades of green armor and spikes on its shoulders.

Yukko turned to him and said, “Watanuki, get the dinning room ready. We have a guest here for this evening.”

Once the dinner table was set, everyone sat down and ate as they learned about this strange guest. Already, Erax was having difficulty using some strange sticks in order to handle the food to his mouth.

“I’ve never used these utensils,” said Erax, “From where I came from; we used daggers to eat and cut our food with ease.”

“I want to know how you got here,” replied Yukko, “More yet, tell me more about this world that you came from.”

“My homeland is called Spherus Magna. My people and I once lived happily as everyone used to live in peace and prosperity. But it all changed one day when a strange energy source appeared. Everyone fought for it. Then I was tasked to send a sample of this liquid when I fell over and the sample got on me. Before I knew it, I fell into darkness and landed here,” he explained as he took a sip of his cup of tea.

Yukko went to the cupboard and took out a bowl of water, placing a circular tablet in it. The water began to glow as it projected the words that he explained. She saw several warriors in war; the project on a gigantic robot, but yet saw two strangers; one of them she recognized very well. With a wave of the hand, the projection disappeared.

So, she thought, the prophecies of that world and the others are happening. Syaoran and the others must be prepared…for their future is just as important as his…

“Watanuki,” she said, “Go with Moro and Maru to the warehouse. There is something in there that this guest will need.”

The girls dragged him to the warehouse while Yukko and Erax continued to talk.

“Your arrival to this shop was hitsuzen,” she explained, “You must be prepared for the future to come.”

“Hitsuzen?” said Erax.

“One that describes an event that is meant to happen, the outcomes of one event reflect on another,” she replied, “For example, it was inevitable that you came here. For you have a purpose.

“Now then, since you have come here. I am sure that you have a wish you want to tell me. Tell me, what is it that you want to be granted?”

Erax seemed quite unsure about this, from this “hitsuzen” to wishes that can be granted in an instant? Was this just a hallucination, a dream, or what?

“I…want to go to places that never have disasters, wars, or any other catastrophes,” he answered, “Some place that I can go to for a while, until the war in my world is finished.”

“And what is your method to cross worlds?” she asked.

“Cross worlds? Look, I am a Glatorian, I do not understand this world here!” he snapped, “Nor that I even care about this ‘hitsuzen’!”

“But you came here and told me your wish,” said Yukko as she took another blow from her pipe. The scent from the smoke was quite unusual to Erax as he was never familiar with such objects that one could breathe in.

“I shall grant you that wish,” she answered, “However. You cannot just find a perfect world to go to. No matter where you go, there is always strange phenomenon that can strike without warning. But I shall grant you the power to cross worlds.”

“And what advantage do I get with this power?” he asked.

“Crossing worlds is normally disruptive throughout time and space,” she explained, “As well as any other wishes that a person might ask for. In return, that person must pay a price to earn such privileges. The universe must keep its balance; the payment must not be too much nor too little. Also, whatever you hand over must be something extremely precious to you.”

Watanuki and the girls returned to the kitchen. He carried a strange compass in his hand that was the size of a fist. He gave it to Yukko who in turn gave it to Erax.

“This compass will help you to cross worlds, but now you’ll have to pay the price in order for this to work,” said Yukko, “As for your price...it is your past prior to this meeting; all of your memories before coming here will disappear. Even if you inevitably stumble across your homeland in a different timeline, they will never again recall your name and your history.”

Erax wanted to just take the compass and run, but he knew that there was no other choice. Was he ready for all of this? Was he ready to forget his past and move on with his life?

“Alright,” he answered, “I agree to the terms. But what will happen to me once I leave?”

“That cannot be said,” said Yukko, “For it’s hitsuzen that determines the road that you’ll go to.”

Then the world around Erax slowly began to change as the same symbol appeared on the ground. He could hear her voice inside his head, your journey and your choices will determine the future for others; some for the better, others for the worse; make choices as your beliefs dictate. Lastly, there is no such thing as a coincidence, there’s only inevitability…

“But wait!” shouted Erax as his eyes closed up and fell unconscious; his endless journey has begun...

Review

Chapter 1: A Land that Decays

Now the journey beings; I sacrificed my past to gain such privileges to cross worlds. How will I regain those memories if I accidentally meet my people once more? All I can remember is having dinner and talking to a strange lady who sent me away, telling me that the future depends on me and some other beings out there.

I can only prepare for the danger that I must face…but how does one person stand up against death?

Erax woke up in a bed with low lighting from a candle. He saw a lone stranger who was putting away some supplies into a closet. The stranger turned around and saw him.

“Good,” said the stranger, “You’re awake now.”

Erax wanted to reply but he felt awfully dizzy from crossing. The stranger came up to him and said, “You fell into the fields on our farm in case if you’re wondering, are you alright?”

“Yeah thanks, but where am I?” he asked.

“You’re in the countryside of...‘Ignika Magna’…according to our dictator,” said the stranger.

“What happened here? And what is your name?” he replied.

“My name is Belirax,” came the reply, “My sisters and I are…or were…some of the best farmers of this country for a long time. But things changed one day …when a strange armored warrior with an organic mask declared himself ruler of this land; he renamed this place called “Ignika Magna” after he became the dictator. After that, the land around began to die off, transforming into an empty wasteland.”

“But why would he want to do that?” asked Erax.

“This ruler…is searching for something; well at least that’s from some legend that I’ve heard,” she answered.

Belirax got up and turned to see another farmer, Skralla who was breathing heavily from running.

“Sister, what’s wrong?” she asked.

“It’s the land. The dictator is using his power to drain life from our crops!” said Skralla.

Before anyone could ask, the house began to shake. The two of them knew exactly what this meant; the dictator found them.

“Quickly, we must take him to safety,” said Belirax. She and Skralla carried him outside, meeting up with the others.

Erax couldn’t believe what he was seeing; at first he saw several plants and flowers blooming for a moment; then the next, they died off and transformed into the empty soil.

The sisters found the other female Skrall who were riding on the Spitik, waiting for them.

“Who is that young stranger?” asked another female Skrall.

“No time to explain, Sarhax,” said Belirax, “We must meet up with the others at the post!”

They placed Erax in a wagon to the Spitik. Belirax got on the saddle from the creature and rode off with the others, escaping. The house behind them exploded and transformed into dust, leaving not one mark of its passing.

Hidden in the shadows of a heavily armed fortress, a lone stranger looked at the reflection on a pool of fire, watching their escape with the mysterious warrior. His eyes were filled with rage as he always has been. His name…was called after a powerful mask he wore…

Master Ignika…or simply known as “Toa” Ignika, is the current dictator of this country. His origin was awfully a mystery to others. His power was the most dangerous because it caused damage to this new world.

It all happened when the Great Beings created a second Mask of Life after they fled from Spherus Magna. The Ignika created new life in this world and formed many new beings, most of them were based from Bara Magna while others were based on the Great Beings’ projects. Eventually, the mask reversed and began to drain life. As a result, they locked it up before its power worsened the conditions in this new world.

The mask eventually took life on its own after communicating with the first mask on a description on what a Toa should look like when wearing this powerful artifact. The Second Ignika used the description and created a body of its own. Once he was ready, he took revenge against the Great Beings and declared himself dictator of this new land. Many of the civilians refused to have such a leader which because he destroyed their land. Most of the farmers escaped while others united with their friends to prepare for a revolution. What happened to the Great Beings, none could say...other than Ignika will try to kill them if they were to be found.

“A stranger has come to this world,” he muttered, “And from what the dream seer told me, it is he that will change my land. Now I must unleash my 'secret police' in order to contain him.”

He turned to see a cloaked figure who was coming in from the outside.

“You are late,” said Ignika, “Don’t make me come after you if that ever happens again.”

“Sorry, my lord,” came the reply, “But you do know how difficult it is for me to get here.”

“Enough,” he replied, “We have a visitor from another world; the same one that the dream seer told me.”

“I see,” said Daraus as he took off his hood and took a look at the pool of fire, “Is that what the prophecy said?”

“Yes,” answered Ignika, “I think it’s time that we should give this visitor a proper ‘welcome’.”

The Skrall and Erax arrived at the shoreline of a gigantic beach with a series of caves in the distance. They were expecting others to come and help them settle in.

“I thought they would be here by now,” said Belirax.

Erax wanted to get up but his back was ached.

“Take it easy,” said Skralla, “Help should be coming soon.”

They turned to see two warriors, Lesovikk and Krakua, who were approaching quickly.

“What happened here?” asked Lesovikk.

“It’s the dictator,” replied Belirax, “That bastard destroyed our land. This green-armored warrior here came from another world. We need to find a place to hide.”

“Come with us,” said Krakua, “We'll go to the caves.”

Once Erax was able to wake up again, he was inside a cave. This time, he got up and turned to see Belirax and Skralla talking to two other figures. He wanted to ask questions, but he was curious to take out the compass that Yukko gave him before he left.

This compass…it’s nothing like I’ve never seen, he thought.

Before his eyes, the compass gave a soft glow and vibrated in his hand. Then, the compass projected a voice inside of his head, “Welcome, young warrior. You are the new master of this compass; it is your destiny to help others who are suffering in other worlds such as this one.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” he muttered.

“Each time you come to a world, a task will be given to you. You must fulfill them before you go to the next world. However, this compass will not be enough to help you along the way; there are special objects of power that will upgrade you.”

Erax turned to see one of the warriors coming to him. His armor was green like his, but lighter along with a strange looking mask on its face.

“Welcome,” said Lesovikk, “The farmers told me that you’ve come from another world, is that right?”

“Yes,” he answered, “But…all I can remember was talking to some strange lady who granted me with the power to travel through worlds. However, I cannot remember what happened before I met her.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Anyway, my name is Lesovikk,” said the Toa, “I'm also a traveler. The silver armored warrior behind me is Krakua, a citizen of this world.”

“I am Erax,” he replied, with a nod, “From what I’ve been told, there’s been some hardship in this land?”

“Yes,” answered Krakua, “This leader, who’s also our dictator, has changed this world, unfortunately for the worst. Many of our people tried to stand up against him but they were killed in a blink of an eye.”

"Belirax told me that he used his power to kill off the farms by destroying the nutrients on the soil," said Erax, "But what does he seek?

“It is said that this world contains a power source that was created by the Great Beings, before the dictator overthrew them. If he somehow finds that power, he might increase the disaster that’s been going on in this world,” answered Belirax.

“However, it was also said that a stranger from a special world will come to us and bring freedom to this land,” said Skralla, “And it looks like--”

“Don’t tell me,” replied Erax, “I’m the chosen one, right?”

“Well, it’s very likely,” answered Krakua, “But we first must go to the city and find Kan, he’ll know what to do to prepare for revolution.”

Kotan World (Pre-Destruction, Featured from AMC)

Garaxial sat on his throne that once belonged to Kan, the original ruler of this dimension. After overthrowing him and changing this world, he was at last in complete control with this land. As of Kan’s fate, he had no clue since he knew that he had no power to cross worlds, however, he was sure that he would either try to get revenge or die.

As of late, one of his students, Detex, found a world that contained a powerful being who was the princess of her people and a gigantic robot that housed a separate world of its own. Both of their destines were similar, according to what they discovered after researching.

“So this place…called Spherus Magna, has shattered, is that right?” he asked.

“Yes,” answered Sarhax, “And I’d never knew that it was your former homeland. What do you plan to do now?”

To her surprise, Garaxial made no expression. Although it was his homeland, true, he had no interest in returning there, unless if there was potential to take it for his own benefits. However, a princess and a robot, those sound quite interesting to him.

“Just let it be...for now, the shattering should teach them a lesson. Was there anything else that you found?”

“Yes. There’s this strange world…that has a dictator, who is slowly killing everyone,” said Eajax, “And believe it or not, there’s a Sarhax in that dimension.”

Sarhax rolled her eyes and growled, “Why is there always another me in certain worlds? Why can’t you just find your own alternate self?”

“Why?” replied Eajax, laughing, “I think it's....”

Before he could finish, Sarhax used her shadow blasts to entangle Eajax on a pillar. Detex tired his best to hide his laughter but Sarhax was preparing a blast at him.

“Enough!” snapped Garaxial, “There’s no time to waste. I want the three of you to go to that world and keep an eye on who’s there. If there’s anyone that you might seem suspicious, do not hesitate to kill them.”

With that said, he got up and went towards the pool of protodermis. The pool was glowing a sickly green color. At a glance, he saw a human whose face was as dark as the shadows. At first, he couldn't tell who it was, but with a closer look, he recognize the character.

“Ah,” said Garaxial, “We meet again…Fang Wong Reed.”

“Indeed,” he replied, “From out last conversation, it seems that you and I have similar plans, don’t we?”

“Yes,” he answered, “And from what you told me, it looks like as if our wishes were alike, but yet they're different. You wish to restore a life, while I plan to manipulate universes for my revenge. However, what do I gain for this alliance?”

“Our powers will be amplified, Garaxial,” said Fang Reed, “We will be able to share our skills and magical arts and even try to manipulate destiny to certain people.”

Garaxial seemed unsure about this villain, since he knew that there's always a chance that he might try to eliminate him for greater power. He could tell that when this was all over, one of them will gain greater power.

And that will be me, he thought, then my plans will exceed his.

“Alright,” answered Garaxial, “It’s a deal. I’ll send one of my students to visit your realm. In return though; I'll need a dream seer in order to predict the future of a world that we are currently studying.”

Review

Edited by Toa Syaoran

Chapter 2: Multiple Obstacles

My new friends tell me that there’s hope for the success of this country. They say that I might the one that’s been foretold in their prophecies. However, I never met someone who can manipulate life and death on its own, and I really do not plan to meet one anytime soon. I hope someday that when this journey ends, I’ll be able to come home…well, that is if I even had a home.

The rebellion is about to begin…but how could all of us prepare to fight against a tyrant who could control and manipulate the elements in this world?

Erax walked outside with Lesovikk and Belirax, watching the sea from the distance.

“So…what’s the plan?” asked Erax as he felt uneasy to go to another war.

“I was thinking that…we should strike at the palace by finding a weak spot. From there, we will try to stop the dictator before he finds this sacred object,” said Lesovikk.

“But who is this dictator? Does he have a name? What about this sacred object?” replied Erax.

“You are sure filled with questions,” answered Belirax, then spoke silently, “This ruler does not wish to be said its name…he goes by…Ignika, the same name as this land.”

“The object that he’s looking for is something precious to the Great Beings,” continued Lesovikk, “But I think that it belongs to someone else; someone who is meant to use it.”

“And why is that?” asked Erax.

But before he could get an answer, a tremor shook beneath their feet.

“He’s doing it again,” growled Belirax as she jumped to the side.

The ground shifted, knocking the group off of their feet. To their surprise, the shifting stopped.

“Well I’d be,” she continued, “That was quite disappointing.”

“This has got to stop,” agreed Lesovikk.

“That was from the dictator, right?” asked Erax.

“Yes. For some unknown reason, he’s able to manipulate this world here to his own desires. I’m surprise that he does not wish to destroy this land; it’s probably perhaps that he would have no where else to go to,” answered Lesovikk.

Belirax turned to see Skralla and Sarhax coming out of the caves. The two of them carried some tools that they brought.

“You might want to see this,” said Sarhax, “We found something inside the caves.”

Belirax turned to Erax and Lesovikk, “Wait here.”

The three Skrall carefully made their way down the caves with Krakua. They found a crevasse that was recently created from the shakes in the ground.

“Where could this lead us too?” said Skralla.

“Perhaps the center of this world if this keeps going,” answered Belirax.

“Stop!” snapped Krakua, “There’s something coming from the cracks below.”

And he was right; before anyone could react, the ground exploded and several vines emerged, entangling everyone tightly. Krakua summoned his sonic power to send vibrations through out a cave, hoping that the others could hear their cries. Minutes later, Erax and Lesovikk arrived at the scene.

“Just how are we going to free them?” growled Erax.

“It’s simple,” answered Lesovikk, opening a bag and tossed a small metallic can at the vines. The canister exploded, unleashing an awful stench that affected the vines terribly. One by one, the others broke free and escaped quickly.

"A can of this toxic gas called Nixarum is one of the odors that these plants can't handle. Pretty useful in a tight situation," he explained.

“There’s something down there,” said Krakua, “And we’ll have to find what it is later.”

“What could possibly be?” asked Lesovikk, then his eyes widened, “The power source?”

“Perhaps,” answered Belirax, “By the way of how those vines were behaving.”

Master Ignika turned from the pool of fire and walked with Daraus to a small chamber. Inside were several artifacts and maps that led to the place of where the item that Ignika was seeking.

“I need you to translate all of these;” he ordered, “My mask refused to help me here and I know that you’ve studied maps and geography in the past. Get to work and report all of this when you’re done.”

I think it’s time that he learns a lesson on how he treats others, thought Daraus, but it was too late. Ignika already locked him in and there was no way for escape. He would have to do some work before he could take an opportunity to go against him.

Despite the risks and his power, I’ll fight any day.

Master Ignika returned to his main chamber and saw through the fire that the sisters farmers survived and brought their guests with them.

Plotting a rebellion against me is quite dangerous, he thought, maybe it’s time that I should bring my warnings to a higher level

With a wave of his hand, the skies began to darken.

Let’s see how you can handle a twister, he thought as he watched a vortex forming in the sky.

“Looks like the skies are getting nasty,” said Lesovikk.

“No,” replied Belirax, “This is not natural…”

Skralla gasped and shouted, “It’s a twister!”

The group turned to see a nasty vortex of wind, growing stronger by the minute.

“We’ll have to get out of here, fast!” snapped Krakua.

Lesovikk quickly led the team to a cache not far from the caves. Inside were several vehicles that he had saved. Most of them were fit for two people but the larger one could carry three or four.

“Where are we heading?” asked Erax.

“To the city,” answered Lesovikk, “That’s where that tyrant lives.”

The group climbed on with Lesovikk and Krakua as pilots; the others hanging on for dear life. The vortex chased after them, destroying everything in its path. However, the vortex could not outmatch the speed of the vehicles.

Once the group arrived at the suburbs, they shut down the vehicles and turned to see if the tornado was still in pursuit. After a few moments, nothing happened.

"That bastard must have realized that we have come," growled Belirax, "He'll pay for all of his sins when this is over!"

“Stay together now,” said Lesovikk, looking at the dark fortress, “Or else we might lose each other or worse...”

"Like what do you mean?" asked Erax.

"The city has many patrols and guardians at every intersection of the streets. For some reason, they get really suspicious if only one of us walked alone in the streets," answered Krakua, "I guess they're just enforcing some 'buddy system' for the city."

Erax was awfully disturbed by the sight of the village; most of the houses had such unusual architectures and designs. Some of them were entirely made out of an element itself such as vines, ice, fire, water, and other elements that he couldn’t described.

He stepped out in front of the group and took out his weapon; to his surprise he still had his Jungle Spear, but there was something attached to the weapon. Taking a closer look, it was a sword that was coated with some jewels.

Then the voice came back to him, “That sword there is what you’ll need to face off that enemy of this world. It can only be used once so use it carefully.”

It took the group at least two hours but they finally reached the gates of the fortress. The gates were extremely tall, almost to the height of some of the towers in the city.

“This way,” said Krakua he turned right, heading for a secret entrance.

“How did you know that was there?” asked Skralla.

“I used to study some architecture and building designs,” he replied, “This is no problem--”

But before could finish, the group were surrounded by some strange entities made out of pure darkness. The girls huddled in fear while the men took out their weapons.

“Just who are these people?” growled Erax.

“Don’t know, but I think that things are going to get a bit bloody,” answered Lesovikk. He turned to see a Shadow Entity and exploded a blast of air.

Krakua turned to see three of them coming from different angles, with a jump, the entities ran into each other and fell.

Erax was locked in combat with one of them. The shadow entity jumped over and almost kicked him on the face, but fast dodging caused the shadow to smash at the gates. Taking this opportunity, Erax stabbed the entity and realized that there was some organic tissue with some mechanical implants.

More of them emerged, surrounding the group. The men tried to back them away but more kept coming.

Skralla closed her eyes as she feared for their final standing, but suddenly the shadows collapsed around like sticks.

What was that, she thought. She turned to see the others, amazed at what happened.

One of them was getting back up; Belirax closed her eyes and that one collapsed again, this time it fell.

Whatever that was, she thought, it seemed to work.

“There’s no time to waste,” said Erax as he opened the passage way that Krakua showed him. The group, one by one went down the stairs, heading for an underground tunnel that led to the sewer system.

“For some reason, I do not like what’s down there,” replied Belirax.

Lesovikk took out his bag and found the tablet; showing them to the others he explained, “This is suppose to be a map of this palace. With luck, we should find that tyrant and be able to defeat him once and for all.”

The group found themselves in a larger tunnel; a river of toxic waste flowed across the center. There were some bridges and other tunnels on the other side. However, most of them were destroyed or were crumbling.

After a brief scan on the map, Erax turned to see a brick wall on the other side. From what the map shown, there was a secret lever that led to a special tunnel that would lead them to the main tower.

Just as he took a few steps on an intact bridge, the stone collapsed; he held for dear life on the ledge as more cracks appeared.

Review

Chapter 3: An Unstable Power

I journeyed to this world to help bring freedom to this land, however something strange happens just as I reach to that tyrant. Could it be perhaps that this "power source" went unstable? I will have to find out someday if I were to ever come back to this land...

What power does that mysterious orb contain? And why did Ignika wanted it?

Erax was losing his grip on the ledge. The bridge was unstable and was crumbling down to the toxic river. The rocks and rubble that fell dissolved upon contact with the liquid.

Erax closed his eyes and swung his body to perform a flip and maneuvering himself up to where the others were standing.

“Nice move there,” said Belirax.

“Just something that I learned…in the past,” he answered. He turned to Lesovikk and said, “Didn’t you posses the power of air. Perhaps you can bring us to the other side?”

“This place,” replied Lesovikk, “I shouldn’t realize but there’s a barrier that prevents one user like myself from using elemental powers.”

“There is another entrance,” said Krakua, “But it will take us a while to get there.”

Master Ignika returned to the chamber where Daraus was supposed to be doing his work. However, the scribe was nowhere to be seen.

Did he escape, thought Ignika.

Before he could find out, he was knocked down to the ground. Daraus took out some rope from his pack and tried to strangle him, but the rope came to life and reversed its purpose.

“I should’ve realized that you dared to step up against me,” he growled.

With a wave of his hand, Daraus was thrown to the wall, falling unconscious.

Just as Ignika was about to leave, a Bohrok rolled its way across the hallway and stopped to see Ignika; the expression on its face was nervous for the Bohrok wasn’t so sure if this message was safe to explain.

“What is it now?” he asked, paranoid.

The Bohrok created a series of snapping gestures and screeches, saying, “There’s a group of rebels within the sewer systems! They’re trying to find a way to enter to the fortress!”

Ignika narrowed his eyes and replied, “So I see. Gather the others and get to the South Entrance. I can tell that there’s going to be some rebellion if we don’t act now! Go!”

“This way!” shouted Krakua, as the group found an exit from the sewers. Just as he opened the door, a massive army of Bohrok and strange shape-shifting machines were standing.

“Just great,” growled Skralla, “How are we going to escape?”

“You and Belirax get back into the sewers. Find an alternate route while we fight here!” answered Erax.

Lesovikk, Erax and Krakua turned to the army, preparing for battle.

“These Bohrok are dangerous,” said Krakua, nervous, “Some of my friends tried to fight these things but were killed in an instant.”

The army charged, surrounding the three men. Lesovikk unleashed a blast of whirlwind while Erax sliced down a few machines. Krakua took out his bow and fired a few arrows that incinerated some of the Bohrok from its electric tips.

Erax jumped and kicked down a few flying Bohrok and turned to see Krakua getting captured. He took out a strange looking launcher that was given to him from Yukko. The voice reappeared in his head, “This launcher carries the ammo of a certain type of fruit called a Thornax. Of course you won’t remember these things from the past, but they were useful in another world. Master them and you’ll be able to use other weapons like these in different worlds.”

Erax fired the thornax launcher; to his surprise, the one thornax fruit separated into two, impacting the Bohrok. Krakua took his chance to break through and to return to help his allies.

Skralla and Belirax ran through the tunnels of the sewers, looking for another way to the fortress. However, they stopped as they saw lights coming ahead. It turned out to be Sarhax who was driving one of the vehicles that belonged to the fortress.

“How did you…?” asked Belirax.

“No time,” she answered, “Get in.”

Once they were in, Sarhax drove at full speed, smashing her way through the armies of the Bohrok and using the vehicles’ weapons.

The alarms of the fortress went off; more Bohrok and the strange shadowed beings that the group encountered earlier returned.

“Get in, now!” shouted Sarhax. Erax, Krakua and Lesovikk jumped inside as the vehicle was set to flight mode. They drove over the moat and reached the other side.

“There will be more guards coming,” she said, “Hang on until we get inside.”

Daraus opened his eyes and realized that he was elsewhere. He was chained to the wall, hanging several feet into the air. Below him, a pool of lava was slowing rising. Time was short.

Was it an illusion, or was it reality?

He could feel the heat coming from the boiling lava below; it was real. Suddenly, one of the walls crumbled down. He saw a flying armed vehicle with several passengers inside. The vehicle flew up to him and some green-armored warrior sliced the chains and dragged him in.

“Thanks,” he said, then he realized, “Lesovikk? But how did you…?

“Long story,” he answered, gesturing to his allies, “I found a group of friends to prepare the rebellion. Where is that tyrant?”

“He said that he was going to send out his secret army to invade the villages. I do not know what he seeks but I saved a copy of this tablet that I found earlier,” replied Daraus.

Handing the tablet to Lesovikk, he took a few moments of trying to translate. Realizing that it was too ancient to read, he took out a white stone and raised it a few inches above the message.

“A golden…orb?” he muttered.

Ignika stood at the front entrance of his chamber, waiting for a reply. He recently found where this mysterious power source that was foretold in the legends. He sent several of his top secret servants to reach the site but had no response.

He turned to see one of his servants who was completely exhausted from running.

“My lord,” he said, “They are here; the rebels!”

Ignika’s mask turned from gold to sliver, a sign of anger and rage. He grabbed the servant and growled, “Why did you not stop them?”

“One of them stole our vehicles and are using it against the armies! Please, I swear--” he begged but Ignika’s mask glowed. The servant screamed as his body was being decomposed by the power of life itself. Once he was done, Ignika went to the front of the palace. There, he saw a flying vehicle that was heading for the other entrance.

“We’ll see about that,” he muttered as he waved his hand around; two gigantic-winged monsters appeared to his left and right.

“Kill them,” said Ignika, “Leave no mark to their passing.”

“Watch out!” shouted Erax.

Sarhax turned the vehicle 180 degrees around and just barely missed a fire blast from a gigantic winged beast from below.

“What are those?” he asked.

“They’re the most loyal creatures to Ignika,” said Lesovikk, “He can grant them any power that he desires to give, making them more dangerous.”

“Um, Lesovikk,” replied Krakua, “I don’t think this is good, but look!”

Lesovikk turned to where Krakua was pointing, a group of shadowed beings carrying a small sphere of bright light.

“That’s the power source!” he snapped, “The heart of this land!”

Erax turned and saw what they were talking about, a golden orb that Lesovikk was translating earlier. He was told that Ignika would dare to use its power in order to bring massive destruction to the land and to get revenge against the Great Beings.

“Send me down there,” he said finally.

“No. No way,” answered Lesovikk, “Ignika will kill you with a blink of his eye. With that orb, his power will multiply.”

“Death or not, I will bring hope to this land,” replied Erax, “After all. From what all of you were talking about, you said that it was me that will change this world. Well then, this is perhaps my only chance to do it; so do you want to live another day?”

Everyone grew silent at his words. True, that he was not from this world, but he possessed some abilities that they didn’t carry.

“Alright then,” answered Lesovikk, opening his bag. He took Erax’s hand and gave him two objects; a while stone that he used earlier and a belt that had some form of nano-tech built in.

“I don’t know what the outcome will be,” he said, “But if case if you have to leave this world, take these with you. They might be use for your journey.”

Erax nodded and moved towards the center of the vehicle. With a signal, Sarhax pressed a button and down he went, heading towards his enemy. Closing his eyes and activating his belt through the instructions of that mysterious voice, a back rocket appeared on his back and blasted.

Ignika turned and saw what was coming but he was not ready to react. His servants were not fast enough to stop him. Not noticing what was happening, the golden orb glowed brightly; an explosion of fire knocked Erax and Ignika out of the way.

The unexpected explosion knocked the Mask of Life out of the master’s head. The tyrant screamed as his body crumbled into dust, realizing that the Ignika itself already implanted a curse within its own physical form.

Erax could feel someone dragging him, but it turned out that a portal was sucking him in, heading for the next world.

Just what was that bright light, he thought as he closed his eyes once more, and what about the fate for that world?

He will someday find out as this orb will be setting the course of destiny to many beings. Most of the futures of some people will be dangerous because a number of beings will try to save their future before they suffer the consequences that others were expecting. Most importantly, tribulations in other lands are about to unfold, bringing disasters and hope at the same time. Lastly, should this orb ever fall into the wrong hands…terrible consequences will occur for both the guilty and the innocent.

Review

Chapter 4: The City of Defenders

Running across the dark forest, a lone, young fellow ran in order to save his own life. The young man couldn’t believe what was happening but knew that he would end up getting killed if he stayed. His family…his siblings...why did this happen?

Flashback: One Day Before

The young master Arioto stood in a small pool of water, praying to the Elder Statue of Light. He was actually performing a purification blessing that requires him to pray at the statue for half of the day for the next five days during the Week of Light.

The Week of Light was an important event that happened to this world way before his family came into existence. It was a time when Enlightenment finally returned within the civilians of Kenax Country in order to rebel against the dictator. However, no one knew that this

“…and give us the strength for the future tomorrow,” finished Arioto.

He stepped out of the pool, and went to change his outfit. He was required to wear special robes when performing this ritual. Once he was back into his normal clothes, he left the chamber and returned to the main house.

His family was wealthy for a long period of time due to their successful strategies to overthrow the dictator as well as planning the future for the world.

When his parents got married, they decided to move to the countryside to have peace and quiet from everyone since they were very popular. His father became a warrior like his grandfather, wanting to learn several techniques that were used in the war back in the revolution. After he was able to walk and run, his father taught him some fighting arts lessons for the last few months. To his amazement, Arioto was a fast learner and was already practicing some complex attacks such as using elemental blasts from the swords.

Arioto went to his room and opened a box; inside was his sword that he was given on his birthday. However, his father told him to wait until he was ready to use it, but he was already tempted to take it out and see how he would look while carrying it.

“You seemed to wonder about that sword,” said a voice.

Arioto turned to his dad, Tsuzako standing at the doorway.

“I’m sorry, but it’s hard to resist such a powerful weapon,” he replied.

“I understand. Don’t worry, the time will come when you become the next master,” said Tsuzako.

Arioto placed the sword back in the box and left, heading downstairs. Tsuzako was not far behind. The two met up with Belara.

“How was the purification blessing?” she asked.

“Alright mom,” said Arioto, “But at least it’s only one day left until it’ll be done.”

“Indeed,” she said, “Could you do me a favor by finding some tea herbs in the kitchen?”

Arioto turned and went to do the favor, Belara turned to Tsuzako and continued quietly, “I had a dream last night; a dream of what is yet to come. Our son is going to face terrible hardships and he’s not even ready for what’s going to happen, is he?”

“He’ll be fine,” answered Tsuzako, “He made a lot of progress. But still, I’m worried about what will happen to us after tomorrow.”

“If he was older, perhaps we might be saved, but he’s too young to face that evil,” replied Belara, “However, let’s place our trust in him and his future.”

“Yes, you’re right,” agreed Tsuzako.

Night of the Raid

Arioto stepped back into the waters, walking to the Elder Statue of Light. Tonight was the last day of the Week of Light and he had some prayers to perform.

“Ancestors,” he began, “We thank you for your time and effort to save this world from the darkness. Now I will give you--”

Suddenly, the walls around began to shake. Arioto stopped his prayer abruptly, turning to see if someone was coming. All what he saw was darkness. Some of the candles were blown out by the chill of the wind.

What’s going on, he thought.

Then he heard his mother screaming. He ran, heading to the site of the battle. There, he saw a tall, dark, hooded figure with a long thin blade that stabbed Tsuzako.

“Father!” he shouted, but gasped as the stranger turned to him blade at the ready. Then the time around him froze. He turned to see that it was his mother that used her staff of time to freeze.

“Go…” she said, “You must get to that sword and run! Your father and I will watch you from the heavens, please…you must get to the city and stop Sehrox! Do whatever you can to stop him before the country falls!”

Arioto turned and ran up the stairs just as mother stopped the time field, she was running out of strength. The dark figure stabbed her and ran up the stairs. By the time he checked all of the rooms, the boy had escape. With a growl, the group left and split up to find the son.

Sunrise…

Erax woke up on a hill. He turned to see a gigantic city that seemed to stretch for miles. As he got up, he saw a young fellow running and breathing heavily as the stranger ran for days.

The stranger stopped and took a few breaths, then he saw the green-armored warrior.

“Who are you?” he asked.

Erax couldn’t understand what he was saying; he knew that this was not his language like the last world. Before could try to answer, the young man took out some device and spoke into it, repeating the question.

That’s some strange device, thought Erax, then he replied, “My name is Erax. Could you kindly tell me where I am?”

“You are in Kenax Country,” replied Arioto (through the device), “And that is Kenax City. I’m on my way there for a mission. However, I don’t think I’m ready to fight the evil that’s out there.”

“What evil?” asked Erax.

Arioto was silent, thinking about last night. He wanted to go back and see what happened but he knew that the hunters will try to kill him.

The two companions arrived in the city; filled with tall, gigantic towers that could almost reach the heavens. Some vehicles were flying in the air while others were on the ground. A gigantic tree stood in the very heart of the city, with flowers growing on vines that wrapped around the tree.

“That tree is where I have to start,” muttered Arioto.

“To do what?” asked Erax.

Arioto sighed and answered, “To get answer, you just wait here.”

Arioto went up to the tree and placed his hand on the trunk. The area around his hand began to glow and a voice filled into his mind, “The time has come…young warrior. Your name will be changed in order to hide your identity from the one that killed your family list night. From there, you must be trained in order to face the evil that will rise some day. Your new name will be…Aeran, an ancient word from this country, meaning ‘spirit of flight’. Go, find your destiny, young Aeran!”

Arioto took a step back and closed his eyes for a minute. Then he turned to Erax and said, “I am no longer who I was; a new name has been given to me. The power of the Cassius Tree has granted me a new path to begin my journey.”

Arioto opened his fist and saw that he was carrying a plastic Rose petal that had some information written.

“Of course,” he muttered, “I have to register at the Avaron in order to become a City-Defender.”

Erax wanted to ask questions but his mind was having that strange conversation again, “This poor fellow has lost his parents last night during a special ceremony. He has to be prepare to face the great evil of this land, Sehrox, who wishes to bring back the lifestyle of terror to this country. You are here…to teach him how to fight.”

“And what good will that do?” muttered Erax. He took out the objects that Lesovikk gave him and realized that the white stone was glowing. Then he saw what was happening; this stone was communicating with him inside his head.

“I am the Stone of Knowledge; I provide you answers to each world that you visit, as well as some biographies to each person you meet. However, as we progress, it is up to you to decide who you trust.”

“Is something wrong?” asked Arioto.

“No,” he answered, “What was the name that the tree gave you?”

“Aeran,” said Arioto, “Let’s go. We’ll have to register at the Avaron. Since my parents are dead, could you perhaps help me?”

Erax already knew what he was asking, but was he willing to share his moves to a complete stranger? More yet, does he remember how to fight?

Review

*WARNING: Mega-sized post because there are two chapters together! (I don't know how this happened because I didn't see the message that said that the post was edited before I placed this warning. I'll try to separate them asap.)

Chapter 5: A Twin City

After meeting with a complete stranger, it seems that he has a sense of duty within his heart. He also has a strong will, however, I have never shared my fighting skills with anyone…or at least from what I can remember. But since he has to know what it takes to survive in this city, then I will teach him all what I can. Hopefully, he’ll seek a way to avenge his parents.

Present Time/Averax Magna

“So that’s how you met our new friend,” said Sakari.

“Yes,” answered Erax, “I should’ve realized how important that man was becoming. He’s just like that other one…”

“Who?” asked Syarix.

To his surprise, Erax replied, “I thought you would remember. It’s the same man who has a powerful creature by his side. Not to mention how similar that these two worlds are…”

“It can’t be…” said Sakari, realizing, “Now that you said…”

“The Hanshin Republic!” answered Syarix, “That same world where we fought out the first feather of memories.”

Sakari remained silent, thinking back when she was the Clone Sakura (though she has the ability to transform into her after being reincarnated) and how she first said to Syarix (Clone Syaoran) after she woke up from an everlasting sleep, “I’m sorry, but who are you?”

Erax sighed and answered, “Yes. I realized that some countries were connected to each other like a mirror; from this to Clow; to Kenax City and Hanshin Republic. However, it wasn’t until later that I found out.”

Erax continued his story, preparing to reveal how he got to the other world…

Kenax City, Months Later

After a few hours of fighting practice, Erax and Aeran returned to the Avaron Café and had something to drink.

Erax looked out the window as he sat, looking at the Cassius Tree at the central square.

“Is something wrong?” asked Aeran.

“No,” answered Erax, “It’s nothing.”

Aeran nodded and turned to see the tree. Taking a sip of coffee, he saw something strange; the tree was glowing. Normally the tree would only glow if someone touched it, but there was no one there.

Erax turned around and saw that Aeran’s body was glowing too. To his surprise, it was coming from the tree as if it was summoning him.

“What’s going on?” he shouted, but the trainee did not reply; his eyes were closed.

Outside, the tree continued to glow; causing several people to stop and wonder what was going on. Before anyone could react, the tree flared to life, blowing everyone across the streets.

Cracks began to emerge from the tree; it seemed as if the tree itself was splitting in half. The gap grew wider and wider until it was wide enough for an average person to fit into.

Moments later, Aeran appeared in front of the tree, hearing the message coming from the rift, “Your true test lies in this world beyond the rift. Someone is waiting for you.”

Erax just got out of the building as he saw Aeran slowly floating into the rift.

What is going on, thought Erax. He ran to the tree but the rift closed on him. Erax placed his hand on the tree, but nothing happened.

Hanshin Republic, (Pre-Tsubasa)

If anyone noticed the sudden change in the sky, it was only a few people that saw a strange phenomenon. However, the central square in this world, just like Kenax City, had a gigantic tree called the Casca Tree. Filled with blossoms of various flowers, it was just a normal day until the tree glowed, throwing a stranger to the ground.

A rouge group of people, the Mohawks saw this new arrival and decided to take advantage of this stranger. Realizing that this newcomer was unconscious, they carefully took him to their headquarters.

“Stop!” snapped a voice.

The group turned to see another group of people, it was in fact, their rivals, led by a single man who stood a few feet in front of them. Next to him was a gigantic blue creature that the Mohawks recognized.

“You are to interfere, great Shogo?” asked the Mohawk Leader, using ‘great’ as an insult.

Shogo laughed bitterly and replied, “That stranger does not belong to you. Hand him over so it can be done.”

“Don’t make me fall for that,” he replied, “I know how you’re going to ask him to join your precious crew.”

Aeran opened his eyes briefly, realizing that he was being guarded by some strange looking men with awkward clothing. He closed his eyes and focused on his inner power. Ever since he became a member of the fighting team in his homeland, he was able to use his power of light that was inherited through his family. At last, a burst of light temporally blinded his new enemy and tried to escape. However, he did not notice an oncoming fire blast that just knocked him out again…

Aeran woke up and found himself in a small cot. A young lady saw him awaken and said, “Good. Our friends were worried about you.”

He turned his head to see the lady accompanied by a tall man. Behind him were the group of people that he saw earlier.

Shogo walked past Sorata and Arashi and took a closer look at this new stranger.

“Just as I thought,” he said, “The one who is the same…as I.”

“The same?” asked Aeran, “But how?”

The leader chuckled and said, “One of my friends is a dream seer and foresaw your arrival to our world. It seems that both of us will encounter some strangers from another world someday.”

Then the group turned to see another woman, running towards Shogo.

“Primera, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“There’s no time. The Mohawks discovered this location. We must move!” she panicked.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Can’t your Kudan stop them?” snapped Shogo.

“Not all of them. I’m not a master like you, yet…” she answered, "Let's head out to the Hanshin Castle; they won't find us there."

Before Aeran could ask, the group carried him to safety, heading for a secret exit.

Erax charged to the tree again for the third time. His blow against it was no use at all. His new friend was perhaps gone forever, but was not ready to give up.

Just as he prepared to give another try, the tree glowed once more.

“Patience, is a virtue,” said the tree, “Your time is coming very soon. Not to worry, your friend is safe with another group of beings in the opposite world.”

Opposite world, thought Erax.

Meanwhile, once the group was safe, Shogo explained to Aeran about his team and their mission,

“Listen. We have been fighting these ‘Mohawks’ for a time now. A feud was sparked between us and them when someone tried to pull pranks and create catastrophes between them and us. Eventually, they started to take land away from our people in this world. Perhaps if you can help us bring some of it back, we might have a chance to find better upgrades for our Kudan.”

“And who do you know this person is?” asked Aeran.

Before he could answer, Aeran’s sword began to change shape, in a few seconds; a gigantic, winged beast was in its place.

“Ah, so that is your Kudan,” said Shogo, “How interesting; it’s nothing like I’ve seen.”

Before anyone could react, the beast flew outside and created a terrifying loud scream. It was quite loud that the buildings were shaking.

“That’s not just a Kudan,” said Aeran, “It’s a type of creature from my homeland; a Klakk.”

“Such a weird name for a creature,” replied Primera, still covering her ears, “Especially for something that loud.”

“Wait,” said Sorata, “Someone is missing. Your dream seer said that there was another stranger coming to this world…”

Erax closed his eyes and tried to think about his deeds in this world; he helped trained Aeran to get revenge against Sehrox. However there were times when that bastard will try to make fun of citizens and even killing some of them. Erax tried his best to stand up against him, but this evil one’s power was too strong against his.

Erax turned to see Sehrox coming from one of the streets. Deciding to hide and wait, he ran behind the tree and watched what that idiot was up to.

Sehrox came up to the tree and muttered, “Oh Cassius Tree, grant me your power. I will use it to bring order to this world and unite everyone from the countryside to the city.”

The tree, realizing his corruption, used its power to blast him down the streets.

“Ha, you might have gotten away with that,” he growled, “But I will return and steal that special power within you!”

Taking his chance, Erax carefully aimed his laser launcher (given to him by the City Protectors) and fired. It almost hit his target, but at the last second, the blast exploded early.

A force-field, he thought, he’s somehow protected in a barrier!

Sehrox laughed darkly and said, “You know that there is nothing that will stop me. This city will be part of my ancestors once more and a rule of shadows will take root.”

Erax stepped out and stood in front of the tree, saying, “You killed so many people, not realizing how important they are to this city. What makes you think that your torture will improve their lives?”

Before Sehrox could answer, the tree glowed once more, this time; Erax was being sucked into it. His time has come…to help his ally along with their other selves in the Hanshin Republic.

Review

Chapter 6: A Time-Warped Island

At last, I’m on my way to help my friend. However, since when are there people that have the same souls but different physical traits? Was that what the witch told me before I left? However, this new city is the same as Kenax, with problems of their own; villains fight for great power.

I will later realize my true destiny when the time comes…but how much control will I have? Especially when I land on an island that has problems with time?

Erax woke up and found himself in another city. It was very familiar to that of Kenax, however a different tree stood. The petals had a different shape and scent. Reading the sign, it labeled the tree as Casca.

He turned to see a gigantic-winged beast. He recalled these creatures when he first arrived in Kenax Country. The creature turned and allowed him to ride on its back. The Klakk flew to the east, heading towards a small apartment.

As soon as he landed, he saw Aeran talking to another group of beings that were not like the ones from Kenax. Here, these beings were made out of some organic tissue and had very little weapons.

That’s crazy, he thought.

He turned to thank the creature, but it disappeared.

“I thought you would be surprised,” said Aeran, smiling, “It’s my Kudan.”

The other man walked up to him and introduced, “My name is Shogo, the leader of my troop. It appears that your friend is the same as I. We seem to have similar abilities, but yet have different ways of fighting. You are someone that my friend saw through a dream. We need both of you to help us.”

“I’ll do whatever it takes,” replied Erax, “However, I don’t know how long I will stay. I’ve been working with your other self for a few months. I don’t have control on my departure when…”

“Don’t worry about that,” he answered, “Your friend explained everything. If you leave, you leave, there’s no control on changing that.”

The next day, Shogo, Aeran, and Erax emerged from hiding and met up, preparing to face off against the Mohawks. To their surprise, only two of them tagged along with their leader as well.

“This bridge,” said the Mohawk Leader, “Is the starting point. Whoever gets this will take the entire land.”

Then, the two sides activated their Kudan, preparing for a final battle…

Kotan World* (*Keep in mind that it’s Pre-Destruction still, events in PS and AMC are yet to occur)

Garaxial waited impatiently for the results. He already sent Sarhax and Detex to Kenax City where Erax was at. There was still no response from them.

Deciding to toy around with his magic, he walked up to the energized protodermis pool and waved his hand around. Seconds later, the face of Fang Wong Reed appeared.

“How’s the planning?” he asked.

“Very well,” answered Garaxial, “I’ve sent some students of mine to go to this place called Kenax City, however I’m not getting any results from them.”

“Hm…perhaps they need something like this,” said Fang Reed, presenting him with a small eye glass.

“My student, Xing Hou has used this when I sent her to other worlds to observe things. Perhaps I can send you a copy to your students.”

Garaxial nodded and held his hand out over the water. The small eye glass appeared on his hand.

“That should do the trick,” he replied.

Golden-Rod Bridge, Hanshin Republic

Aeran’s Kudan/Klakk fired another sonic scream at the Mohwaks. They dodged and fired laser blasts from their fists. Shogo turned to his gigantic manta ray and fired a gigantic blast of water.

Erax jumped into the air and barely missed another laser. In response, he sent his Kudan, a gigantic snake to slither across the bridge, despite the risks. The other side fired several lasers, but they didn’t penetrate through the snake. The creature hissed and fired acid blasts, destroying some of the rubble.

Suddenly, the sky began to shake. It seemed that it was about to split; then a gigantic rift in space opened.

Aeran and Erax gasped at the sight; it was Sehrox and his troops coming in!

“Just what we need,” growled Aeran, “Sehrox.”

“Is he going to ally with them?” asked Erax.

“Who knows,” he replied, “We can’t give up now.”

However, the sky shook again, this time, it was sucking them and Sehrox back to the rift.

Shogo tried to used his Kudan to protect his allies, however it was no use; those who were from Kenax were being pulled into the rift.

Erax’s compass began to glow again. The warrior realized that his task in training his friend was complete.

“Take this,” said Aeran, handing him a blue gem that fit onto Erax’s belt perfectly, “It’ll help you prepare for unexpected attacks. And thank you…I’m sure we’ll meet again…”

“Someday,” replied Erax as his eyes closed once more.

~AN: Eventually, both Shogo and Aeran will meet Sakura and Syaoran (and later Sakari and Syarix) respectively in each of their worlds. Both of them will ask for their help to bring peace into their land once more. The battles are not over between them. (See Tsubasa RC to find out about Hanshin’s fate, and read AMC Book 1 to find out the outcome of Kenax City’s greatest battle)

Island of Mata Nui (Time-Warped Dimension)

Erax opened his eyes and realized that he was on a beach. The waters were beautiful and stretched out to the horizon.

I’ve never seen such a paradise, and it’s seems peaceful. Every time, I find myself in a situation, he thought.

Little did he knew that this island had problems of its own; perhaps the worst yet.

Sacred Fire, Ta-Koro

Turaga Vakama waved his hands over the fire, praying to the Great Spirit. He knew what has happened to this island and why; it was because of a choice he made when he was a Toa. He was in conflict with Makuta Teridax over a powerful mask. Then for some reason, he uncontrollably destroyed the Vahi, unleashing dangerous time warps throughout the Matoran Universe.

As soon as he escaped to meet up with his fellow Toa, he lied to them and saying that he stored the Vahi hidden in the Metru Nui’s Great Temple. However, not long after the Matoran build their new villages, the island kept shifting from a barren wasteland to its paradise form. No one could understand why. The worst place was Kini-Nui, for there were time space gaps that were slowly growing.

If only I could just go back to that moment and recover that mask, he thought. He worried that the time-warp might affect the legendary Toa Mata that will come and save the island from Makuta’s threats.

No, he thought, there’s hope for a place beyond this island. We just have to know where to look.

He turned to see Jaller standing at the doorway.

“What is it?” asked the elder.

“It’s Takua,” he replied, “He went off to investigate a time portal and disappeared, I tried to stop him…”

But Vakama could only shake his head in grief, “Another matoran lost,” he muttered, “Is this the only way to escape torture?”

Mangaia

Teridax sat on his throne, wondering to himself on a few ideas. He sent several Kraata to invade the villages in order to infect the matoran, however the time warps sucked them into the void. He unleashed several infected rahi to do his bidding as well, but no success.

He turned to the gate and spoke silently, “Your heroes made a choice, one that failed my plan! Now I am stuck here, waiting for one of those portals to take me to my death! If I could only get to you, Mata Nui, I will throw you in there first and see how long you will last for a Great Spirit!”

His ranting was disturbed by a Manas. He turned to see the robotic beast crawling in.

“Speak,” he snapped.

The rahi made several clicks and beeps and using its claws; the Makuta nodded and replied, “So it seems. Not a Toa, but a stranger from another world. Hm…find this stranger and bring him to me. He might be useful.”

Le-Wahi (outskirts of Le-Koro)

Erax walked through the dense jungle of Le-Wahi. The place seemed a bit familiar to him, but he sensed something different; it was dark. Along the way, he encountered some strange flashes in the sky that changed the island’s form.

Why would a beautiful place like this be so…corrupted, he thought, but more yet, what’s with those flashes?

As he took another step, he turned a buzzing noise coming from the tree tops. He turned to see a gigantic wasp that was flying down at a fast pace. Erax closed his right fist and fired a blast from his hand, using the power of his nano-belt. It struck the rahi dead on, falling into the swamp.

“Mata Nui!” shouted a voice, “The Toa are here!”

“Who’s there?” he shouted, “But saw no one.”

He ran through the forest, and saw some small being, running towards a ladder. The Matoran climbed up on the tree, heading to a village. Erax followed the small stranger. When he got to the top, he was surrounded by several Matoran, whispering to each other in confusion and wonder. Was this one of the Toa that the turaga told them?

Before he could ask, the matoran fled. One of them shouted, “Quickly! To the shelter!”

Erax ran, heading with one of the Matoran; a bright light flashed into the sky…the scene around them changed…

Review

Edited by Toa Syaoran

Chapter 7: A Golden Exit

I do not understand this world; an island that is shifting through time in certain areas of this land. When I first walked here, I find myself in a beautiful paradise, and then the next moment, everything disappeared. A second time, everything came back as if nothing happened.

If anyone lives here, how can they survive such strange phenomenon?

The Le-Matoran and Erax dove to cover their heads from the bright light. Once they got up, they found themselves on the ground in an empty wasteland.

“Great,” snarled Kongu, “We are stuck-trapped here on this wet-boggy ground.”

“Where’s the turaga at?” asked Orkham.

“I don’t know,” he replied, “But maybe this stranger here can help us. After all, he’s a Toa, right?”

“A Toa?” asked Erax.

The Le-Matoran gave him a hard-stare, wondering if he was the Toa or perhaps a trick by Makuta?

“This is a Makuta’s-Lie!” shouted one of them, “Get him down!”

“Stop!” replied Erax, “I came from another world entirely!”

The matoran stopped and were unsure whether if they should believe him or not. Before they could make an advance, they heard Turaga Matau coming to see what was happening.

“Elder-leader,” said Kongu, “This stranger could be potential-probable for a Makuta’s dark-attack! We must put him down!”

“No,” answered Matau, realizing that this was a being that Vakama had in his visions, “He might not be a toa-hero like Lewa, but he might save this island’s time-warp chaos.”

The Le-Matoran turned to see a group of Ta-Matoran, accompanied by Vakama.

“Brother, what brings you here today?” asked Matau.

“I have come to see him,” replied the Turaga of Fire. He faced Erax and said, “Come, I know that you want some answers here about this place. I have them ready to explain to you.”

Vakama waved his hand over the sacred fire, listen to Erax’s story of his journey.

“I don’t remember my past,” said Erax, “Other than meeting a strange witch who told me that many worlds are calling for my help. Seeing that this island has some of the strangest things I’ve seen yet, what could I do to help?”

“I know your origins, Erax,” replied Vakama, “I know them through my dreams and visions. But I cannot tell you because it is the price you paid to her. However, I can tell you this; I made a terrible mistake when I was a Toa.”

Vakama’s voice grew heavy, fearing the effects of his dark secret, “I destroyed a powerful artifact that I made; one that can control time throughout this universe. It wasn’t my fault! I…somehow, went out of control when I was battling to get it back from a terrible menace. I had a hammer in my hand along with the Mask of Time, and I smashed it. Before I could take another breath, I reappeared on this island, thrown out by the power to time itself.”

“A Mask…of Time?” asked Erax.

“It’s called the Kanohi Vahi, in our language to be precise,” replied the Turaga, “When it was destroyed, strange things began to happen; for example, the time on this island keeps shifting from this paradise to a wasteland. Certain locations also have some strange portals and voids, making it dangerous to travel.”

“So there’s no hope left for this world?” he asked.

“I had a dream one night,” answered the Turaga, “I saw a strange portal that’s hidden somewhere on this island, it spoke to me, telling that it will allow someone to go back in time to retrieve the mask. However, it is considered risky because it might change the future of this timeline here and who knows if it's for bettor or worse."

Then, the voice inside Erax’s head returned, “The Turaga wants you to go find this portal and retrieve the Vahi despite the dangers that occured.”

“I’ll go,” said Erax, “And find this portal.”

“Please be careful,” replied Vakama, “The Time-Warp on this island is getting worse everyday. It will be a big favor for all of us if you find it.”

Walking through the shores of Mata Nui, Erax saw something far in the distance; a strange looking tube was floating in the middle of the ocean.

He took out the Knowledge Stone to see if it could work, then he could hear the voice once more, “That canister contains a powerful being; one of the six.”

Then a blinding time flash struck the shoreline. When Erax opened his eyes; he was standing in the middle of a strange temple. There were six strange statues representing a group of heroes. Suddenly, his body began to glow and floated in mid air. The six statues glowed in response as if they were communicating.

“Toa…Mata…six heroes…one destiny…to awaken Mata Nui from his slumber…”

At last, the six canisters, by the unknown power from Erax, have arrived on shore…

Tahu stood on the shores of the Ta-Wahi Beach. He had no memory of his past, only dreams and confusing thoughts that filled his mind. He wanted answers terribly.

He only walked a few steps when he saw a stranger lying on the sands; was it a friend or foe? He ran up and saw that it was a figure about his height, perhaps a bit taller. The armor on this person was different than his and didn’t seem to wear a mask, rather it was a helmet.

Erax opened his eyes and quickly shoved himself back, bracing for an attack.

“Who are you stranger?” asked Tahu, “Are you one of the others?”

But before Erax could answer, the time-warp flash struck again; this time, the surroundings was all a desert.

“What is this?” snapped the Toa of Fire, pointing at the Firesword at Erax, “Tell me who you are, now!”

“I am not from this world,” he answered, “If you want these flashes to stop, you must let me live. I was sent by the elder of this village called Ta-Koro to find a ‘golden portal’.”

“I see. I don’t understand this, not one bit,” said Tahu, “I will…”

The flash struck once more, this time, they appeared in the fiery village. Erax sighed and was growing impatient. If these flashes kept on going, it would take forever to find this ‘golden portal’.

“A city, on lava, so this is Ta-Koro,” muttered Tahu.

Just as the Toa of Fire turned to say thanks, Erax was no where to be seen.

Erax ran through the Charred Forest, his heart was pounding and his face was getting sweaty. This quest for the “golden portal” is getting more difficult the more he tried to explore around.

He stopped to see a gigantic tiger-like creature. From its looks, it wasn’t entirely organic; the skin was more robotic and had some gears on the bottom. The claws were awfully huge and the head had some form of an extension that allowed the creature to shift its head forward in an instant.

Erax could’ve sworn that he heard a dark laughter nearby, but it turned out that it was the gigantic cat’s growl.

The Muaka smelled someone nearby, but couldn’t tell who it was. The rahi knew that it wasn’t the matoran or another rahi, but who? The tiger-rahi snapped down a tree with its teeth and the claws.

Okay, this is a good time to get out of here, thought Erax.

Kini-Nui

Hours later, Erax finally arrived at a strange temple. He was surprised that there hasn’t been any flash in the sky, but what disturbed him was an empty void that was growing very slowly. The void was eating away the grass and statues.

The warrior turned to see a swarm of gigantic flying beats, completely robotic. Had he known what they were, it was a swarm of Nui-Rama mixed with a few Nui-Kopen. They were scavenging around; making sure that the Toa hadn’t reached this place.

Erax quickly hid behind one of the statues and tried to figure out how to disturb them away. He tried to think back about how he used such strategy, but it was all a blank. (The truth was that he used a similar strategy during the Core War, but the memories of that were used as payment.)

Just before he could try to start his idea, the ground began to shake. The flying Rahi flew away as the ground began to shift upward. Erax dove across the temple and smacked himself to another statue. He was not ready to fall unconscious yet.

Suddenly, he saw something glowing on the floor. Before his eyes, the portal that Vakama described to him emerged; the edges were just as bright as the stars, making it difficult to see. The Golden Exit recognized the warrior as if they were old friends.

“Welcome, young warrior,” said the portal, “It seems that you were sent by someone who wished to use me as an exit, was it not?”

Too stunned to answer, Erax remained silent. Was he really hearing this?

“There is one thing you can do to save this island, and more so, the universe below; you will have to take this exit and retrieve the Mask of Time; before it gets destroyed. You have one chance to get it, understand? Succeed, and you will save the future for many. Lose, and this island will cease to be and the empty voids will grow larger.”

The world around Erax began to change; his compass didn’t glow, rather the arrow inside was spinning awfully fast. But it seemed like as if he was leaving this place and yet, was this task completed?

Review

Chapter 8: A Hunt for Power

Turaga Vakama relies on me to find a new world so he could send the Matoran to safety. Already, I encounter a lot of strange things on this weird island. But where does this portal take me to, and what if it's a place worse than it already is?

Great Barrier, (1000 Years Ago, Events Similar to Time Trap)

“…I’m not surprised that it slipped through you mind…though I would not have thought it was easy to forget the Mask of Time,” said Vakama.

The other Toa Metru stopped every conversation and heard the last three words. They all remembered very well about the Vahi’s creation and how Makuta wanted it. Vakama looked over the rail and watched the Silver Sea, wondering if the Vahi was still down there or not.

“I need to get it back before Makuta finds it, or worse, he might try to destroy it and not care about the consequences,” he muttered, “That’s why I’m going.”

“We’ll come too,” said Nokama, “I know that it’s…”

But the Toa Metru of Fire shook his head, replying, “You and the others make sure that the Matoran get to safety to the island above. It was my responsibility that the Vahi should be kept away from him.”

Once he was ready, with plans given to his fellow Toa, Vakama dove down into the sea, preparing for a journey of his life…

Metru Nui (Post-Great Rescue)

Erax woke up and found himself bounded in webs. He didn’t see any attackers, but wondered how he ended up here. The webs themselves were quite sticky and hard to get off. Then he realized that he was far high above the ground.

Putting his fears down; he carefully looked around with his eyes. He was in a gigantic city or something similar. There were several towers that were almost as tall as the stars. What disturbed him was that there were two suns that glowed very faintly, if not glowing at all.

Then he spotted something flying below, he wasn’t sure if it was a creature or if it was someone else. He yelled out, giving the flyers attention to the source.

Rahaga Kualus and Bomonga looked up and saw a strange armored figure; was it one of the Toa Metru? The two flew up and knew immediately that it wasn’t one of Vakama’s teammates.

“Hello there,” said Kualus, “How did you end up here?”

“I wouldn’t trust him, brother,” whispered Bomonga, “What if this is Makuta’s tricks?”

“M…Makuta?” asked Erax, “What is…?”

“Never mind that,” replied Kualus, “We’ll get you to safety.”

Before the warrior could ask, the white Rahaga gave a series of whistles. Seconds later, a gigantic Gukko Bird arrived. Erax carefully got on with the two Rahaga and they flew down, heading north.

Deep beneath the Archives of Onu-Metru, something stirred. The single pod that housed the real Turaga elder of Metru Nui opened. Dume opened his eyes and couldn’t remember how he got down here.

What disturbed him was the awful silence. He knew that the city was normally filled with the noise of workers. He carefully got up, almost loosing his balance. To his surprise, he still carried his fire staff. Nearby was an empty disk launcher. He picked it up and activated the torch.

Once he found his way back up, he was very shocked at the sight; the beautiful museum of the Onu-Metru Archives, now nothing but ruins.

How could something like this happen, he thought, where did the Matoran go, are they alright. Oh dear, where’s Lhikan?

Up ahead, he could hear voices of some beings. He ran, following the voice. Once he turned a corner, he saw a small figure that almost looked like a Rahkshi and a Turaga. The armor was blue and carried a small staff of its own.

“Who are you? What happened to this city?” he asked.

Gaaki turned and couldn’t believe at what she was seeing. The Toa Metru told her that he was the only one missing from here and told her and the others that if he was to ever wake up, they were to help him repair the city.

“Thank goodness you’re alright,” she said, “The Toa Metru took the Matoran with them to safety. They found an island above this world.”

“I don’t understand,” he replied, “The city itself, how did it ended up like…”

“Come with me,” answered Gaaki, “My brothers are waiting for you.”

The illusion around Vakama disappeared. His theory was right; there were many flaws in this “universe” and the only one that could create such a thing was his greatest enemy: Makuta.

Vakama slowly turned as he confronts his enemy once more. The last time they faced off, they were at the Great Barrier, fighting for the Mask of Time. The Vahi ended up into the seas after the Toa temporally lost his grip onto it, falling into the hands of Makuta. However Vakama was quick enough to fire his disk launcher to knock the Kanohi from the master of shadows.

Now this time, no one had the mask.

“Makuta,” growled Vakama silently.

“Yes, little one. I just knew that we would meet again,” said Teridax, “The last time, you failed to keep the Vahi safe. Tell me mask-maker, where is it now?”

The Toa of fire tried to think, he wanted to make some diversion so he could escape, but there was no way out, especially that Makuta was using his shadow to block his escape.

“It fell into the hands of some creature named Voporak,” he answered.

Not believing his words, Teridax fired a blast, knocking the Toa down.

“You heroes are just filled with words that can only bring one step closer to death,” growled Teridax.

He raised his hand and tried to invade the Toa’s thoughts. To his surprise, this Toa was actually telling the truth. With a growl, he dragged the Toa along; there was work to be done.

And when it’s over, he will be burnt into ashes, he thought.

The six Rahaga, allied with Dume and Erax ran along the coastline of Ga-Metru, making their way towards the Great Temple. Along the way,Norik had said something about a creature named Keetongu, who not only had healing powers, but also had the ability to grant the first person a wish (only one). Many people who have heard about that tried to seek him out, but failed.

“And why should I ask for a wish?” asked Erax.

“No one has ever asked him,” answered Gaaki.

“He should be nearby,” said Norik, “After the battle in the Coliseum, he went this way to figure out how to help the heroes to awake the Great Spirit.”

“Great Spirit?” replied the warrior.

“Mata Nui, our only protector of this entire universe,” answered Kualus, “Unfortunately, Makuta has used his power to cast him to slumber.”

The seven approached to the gates, but they could hear battles from the other side of the bridge. Iruni, Pouks and Bomonga flew into the sky, checking the scene.

“It’s the Makuta!” growled Bomonga silently, “He’s fighting Keetongu.”

Erax took out his knowledge stone and held it into the air, receiving the situation. From what the voice told him, there was a battle between a hero and a monster who were trying to get their hands on a powerful object. For now, they made their unlikely alliance in order to stop Voporak and Sentrakh from using the Vahi against Makuta and the Toa for their revenge against Nidhiki’s and Krekha’s deaths.

Without another moment to hesitate, Erax ran across the long bridge. The Rahaga tried to stop him but he was already one-third way.

This is perhaps the moment to save the Vahi, he thought, I just hope that the power I have is enough to stop such monsters.

“Should we go after him?” asked Norik.

The others nodded in agreement, the other three Rahaga flew up and the six made their way, hoping that it wasn’t too late, with Gaaki and Norik holding Dume by the hands.

Makuta placed his heel over the injured intelligent rahi. Despite the interesting power that Keetongu carried, the Rahi was no match for his power.

“Let me see,” said Teridax, “What is the best way to end your miserable life? I’ve done so many ways and it gets boring to repeat the same ones…I might just--”

Suddenly, the walls around the Great Temple exploded, the Makuta and Rahi were blown away from the shock. Neither of them realized who was caught inside.

Erax saw the oncoming rubble from the gigantic building, narrowing dodging. One of the chunks barely missed his left leg, leaving a deep cut. There was no time to moan in pain, his goal was not far away. As he ran, he could see two gigantic beings in an argument about the life of the toa and the Mask of Time!

One moment the argument seemed silent as if it was a casual conversation. Then suddenly, one of the figures growled in anger, shouting that the other one summoned them and “added” them to his creations. The same one declared war and the other figure agreed, demanding that the winner will obtain the Vahi.

He watched as the red figure flew into the sky. This was perhaps the right moment to get the Vahi. However a third figure emerged with a strange radiation of power surrounding like a force field. Before he could make up a plan, he saw something falling from the sky, flying at such high speed.

Review

Chapter 9: A Wish to Change

A Legend says that this Keetongu has the power to grant anyone one a wish. After seeking out this creature, I only find that he is slipping closer and closer to death. Will he be able to fulfill my request?

Vakama flew down at a screaming dive, grabbing the Vahi away from the Shadowed One. The leader of the Dark Hunters fired his laser vision, sending the toa off course on his flight.

“Find him and get that mask back!” he snapped to Voporak but the time welder being collapsed by the vacuum that Teridax used him against.

Before he could go after the Toa, Teridax used his strength to break away from the protodermis bonds, charged at the Dark Hunter and hurled him to Voporak, increasing his age.

In the distance, Erax and the others could not believe what has been happening. Vakama was heading towards Ta-Metru, perhaps meeting to his death.

“Let’s go,” said Norik, “We’ll have to find him.”

“No,” replied Erax, “I’ll go to Keetongu and ask him for my wish.”

“Makuta might finish him off,” answered Gaaki, “It’s too late.”

Pouks turned his head and saw the yellow-armored being in the distance.

“Over there,” he said.

The group arrived to see Keetongu, his eye was turned off, but the rahi was still breathing.

“We’ll spilt up,” said Norik, “I’ll take Bomonga, Iruini, and Pouks and we’ll find the Toa.”

The four Rahaga soared into the air, leaving the others behind. Erax took out a small vial that Turaga Vakama gave him before he left Ta-Koro; it was some form of a healing potion that even the slightest drop will bring full strength to the ones who needed it.

Carefully, he poured a single drop into Keetongu’s mouth. The eye flared to life once more, the strength was returning but it was still difficult to get up. He managed to get on his knees and turned to see the Rahaga. He still had scars and cuts from his fight against Makuta.

Keetongu grunted a message, “This being is the one who I have been waiting for; I have seen him in my visions and now the time has come, he must make his wish.”

Gaaki translated it and explained the message to Erax, “Keetongu wants to hear you wish.”

The toa of fire woke up and used his flame power to see where he was at. He found himself in a nest of vines that reminded him of the Morbuzakh.

“No fire,” said a voice.

Vakama immediately recognized it; it was the voice of the Karzahni plant.

“But how did you survive? This has to be another illusion by Makuta!” he snapped.

“A part of my former self was submerged into the protodermis sea which caused a new shoot to grow and eventually created the new me; I contain the memories and the intelligence of the old one,” replied the plant.

“Good for you; unless if you have a weapon that I can fight against Makuta--” said Vakama.

“I have something that can be used against him; the truth about you and your toa,” answered the plant as it revealed the night sky, pointing at the stars.

“I don’t understand,” said the toa of fire, “What could the stars…?”

“They lied, Vakama,” replied Karzahni, “They tricked Makuta by the power of the Great Spirit. Mata Nui knew that this ‘slumber’ was going to take him down. So in order to be restored to power someday, he made sure that there were flaws in order to bring the correct Toa into existence. That toa was you and the others, not Nuhrii and the other Matoran.”

“But how did you know all of this? I mean I found a disk that had Nuhrii’s name on it?” he asked.

The plant chuckled and said, “Think carefully; there are evil organizations such as Makuta and his brotherhood, the Shadowed One’s Dark Hunters. But have you ever wondered who severed Mata Nui’s will alone? One of those members told me the story when he came too close to me one day and died after he explained the plan.”

Suddenly Makuta fired a blast of shadow, cutting off the light and heat from the plant. The toa made his attempt to escape, figuring out a plan to confront the Makuta.

Norik, Bomonga, Iruini and Pouks hovered over the streets of Ta-Metru; they found the Makuta entering into some hole and disappeared underground.

“Just where that shadow monster is going?” growled Pouks.

“Perhaps he found someone,” said Norik.

“But I could’ve sworn that Vakama is back in the city,” replied Bomonga, “If so, then why would he come back? Did he forget something?”

“Perhaps,” answered Norik, “Whatever he is looking for, it must be important.”

The four Rahaga flew north, heading towards the Protodermis Reclamation Yard. From there, they saw Vakama carrying some orangey mask that was glowing a bit dimly. The four actually recognized the shape; it was the Vahi!

“Such a mask,” said Bomonga, “And Makuta is after him for it?”

“Who knows,” answered Iruini, “But it seems that things are about to get ugly-nasty soon.”

For the first time in his memory, Erax was stumped.

He had some many wishes to choose from and he couldn’t decide which. On normal circumstances he would ask for his past memories before meeting the witch, but what if that didn’t work?

Thinking back about that Mata Nui Island and its time warps, he felt bad for the inhabitants who tried to make some living but kept having to rebuild their lives over and over again.

I can’t just wish for myself, he thought.

He turned to see the others, trying to help the Rahi to stand up. Keetongu took out his pick and stabbed it to the ground, keeping himself balanced. Finally the Rahi grunted and the others let him. Finally, the Rahi grunted and the others let him go.

“I have made my decision,” said Erax, “It’s not too late, is it?”

“No it’s not, tell him,” answered Dume.

Erax walked up to the rahi and kneeled down, looking at the single eye. He then closed his eyes and clasped his hands together, praying for his wish.

May Vakama keep the Mask of Time safe from Makuta; I want him to not destroy it and to return to his friends as soon as possible.

Keetongu replied in his language, “I have heard your prayer; your wish shall be granted!”

“Look,” said Gaaki, “He’s going to grant Erax’s wish!”

The others turned and watch as Keetongu’s body was glowing, the power of Erax’s wish and the Rahi’s magic has become one!

Vakama held on tight to the hammer in one hand, the Vahi with the other. He was confronting Makuta once more just like at the Great Barrier. But this time, no power was used, just words.

“If I were to destroy this mask, how will your puny plans work?” asked Vakama, “Whatever you have when I destroy this will be lost.”

The toa of fire raised the hammer, giving the Makuta a final warning. Teridax’s eyes narrowed in anticipation, was Vakama really going to destroy it?

Suddenly an explosion of light struck between the two, sending both of them separated from each other. Neither of them knew how did this happen but it allowed them to grant a deal; Makuta will provide the toa one year of peace on the island above, but will come back to terrorize once more.

Vakama found himself at the Great Barrier, the mask in his hand but the hammer disappeared.

Whatever it was, he thought, it helped me to escape, but how did Makuta knew what I was thinking? I hadn’t asked him my request yet. But we will spend our new lives above this city and when the time comes, we will return here!

The wish has been fulfilled.

Erax and the Rahaga gathered at the Coliseum, standing at the observation deck that overlooked the city. Metru Nui was still in ruins with the left over webs from the Visorak. Keetongu left and made his way towards Ta-Metru searching for any tools left that could be used to repair.

Dume used his Kanohi to slowly bring back some pieces of the Coliseum together. Had he been a toa, the process would have been much faster, but he gave his power to a Matoran long ago who would lead ten others. But then the group would grow smaller and smaller until he was only one left.

“The Matoran and the new Toa, will they return someday?” asked Dume.

“They will, but it will be a while,” replied Norik, “It could be a year, ten years, or even a thousand.”

Erax’s compass glowed; it was time for him to move on.

“I must leave,” he said.

The others turned to him but it was already too late, the circular pattern grew beneath Erax’s feet, sending him to the next world.

“Thank you,” he cried out as he left. His mission here in Metru Nui was completed. As for the fate on the island above, the Time Warps and Flashes would never exist, as long as the Vahi was kept intact.

“We will pray for your success!” replied Norik.

Erax nodded as the gate closed him off, the journey is still far from over.

Review

Chapter 10: The Ignika’s Message

At last, the wish that I have asked for was granted. Now I come to this new island, but it is a lot different than the ones I’ve encountered. This one has an active volcano with an interesting treasure beneath it. I do not know what dangers can be on this land, but after meeting six (or five) new heroes, I learn that this island is the key to another world.

Jaller took aim on the zamor launcher and fired the sphere given by Axonn. A shimmering glow froze Vezon and the Kardas Dragon in place between time and space.

“I’ll get the mask,” said Hewkii.

“No,” replied Kongu, “Just let Matoro get it.”

The others turned with confusing looks while Matoro reached into the field and retrieved the mask. To his surprise, it came off easily as if the mask was calling his name.

The other Piraka got up and prepared for battle against the Toa.

“We decided to let you do the hard work. Now that you have it, we’ll take it from you,” said Zaktan.

Just as both sides prepared for another fight, the time field disappeared. Before Kardas fell unconscious, it fired a small blast, just enough for Matoro to lose his grip. The Piraka were making their way back up but Hewkii used his power to hold them in bonds while Matoro flashed Zaktan with ice.

This new race has begun…

Erax woke up in the midst of a jungle. He could hear voices nearby. He turned around and saw a metallic structure guarded by strange, small robotic figures. Erax took a few steps towards, but the Nektann bots flared to life and just barely missed the warrior.

He dodged and hid behind a rock. It seems that these robots are programmed to keep the intruders out. Erax wanted to come up with a plan to get inside but heard an explosion from behind. Taking a peak, he saw six heroes with six smaller figures, accompanied by two gigantic beings. One of them carried an unconscious being that disappeared in a flash.

For some reason, one of the figures seemed familiar to him; the only difference was that the armor had some silver and the mask was larger.

The Toa Nuva turned to see Erax who was still hiding.

“Come on out,” said Tahu, “Or we’ll get to you.”

Erax took a step from his hiding. Tahu seemed to almost recognize him but at the same time had no clue.

“Do I know you by any chance?” asked the Toa of fire.

“It seems so,” he replied, “The last time I was on an island; there were these strange time flashes that kept the island’s time from continuing.”

Tahu shrugged, he didn’t recall an island that was in stagnant through time, but the features on this warrior was awfully familiar.

Kotan World

Garaxial growled to himself; his plan to watch Erax’s travel has broken. The waters of the energized pool seemed to lose its elements. However, he was still able to talk to Fang Wong Reed through the pool as normal.

“I’ve been having issues too,” said Fang Wong Reed, “That dimensional witch somehow used her power to disconnect the travelers that I’m watching from the mirror as well.”

“I don’t even know this ‘dimensional witch’ at all,” replied Garaxial, “I’ve only found out about some of her powers after he left her and appeared in Ignika Magna. That’s when I’ve sent my students to watch him until he left.”

“The witch is dangerous,” replied the other villain, “She has the power to grant wishes; however, not every wish can be granted. The one known wish is to bring back the dead.”

“And why do you want to bring back the dead?” asked Garaxial.

“For many purposes,” said Fang Wong Reed, “One is that you and I can become immortal. Earlier, I cloned the princess of Clow Country and a young boy named Tsubasa. The cloned version of him is named Syaoran. These cloned figures cannot truly die because I am their creator.”

“Cloned beings, hm?” replied Garaxial, “How hard is the process?”

“Depends on what you clone. The body is easy, the spirit is difficult. When I cloned Syaoran, the original one took half of his soul into the clone to hide his evil intensions. As for the princess I cloned both her body and soul in order to obtain the power within the ruins of Clow Country.”

Garaxial thought about Bara Magna and its Glatorian. One of his students already researched on the planet and there were plenty of beings who were fighting for survival everyday.

“Your ideas sure inspire me,” he said, “I will need some ingredients to work the process.”

The other villain handed him a set of six small vials. Garaxial took it and set the vials aside.

“These are what you need to clone a being. Make sure though, that you get something out of the one who you are trying to clone with; sweat, blood, skin, hair, anything that carries their trait,” explained Fang Wong Reed, “and good luck.”

Garaxial nodded and turned to the vials. He decided to send his Shadow Entities to head to Bara Magna and select one of the residents. From there, he would perform his first attempt.

“Sir!” shouted Sarhax, “We found the current location of the Glatorian!”

“And where is he?” he asked while he studied the vials.

“On an island called Voya Nui,” she replied, “What do you want us to do now?”

Garaxial made no answer; he had different plans to perform and new experiments to make.

Finally he answered, "Keep watch. Our time may be near."

The Toa Inika looked over the black water and the deceased Matoran. They wondered if the Mask of Life was telling them to go beneath the sea and find this city that was down there.

Before one could say something, they turned to see the Toa Nuva accompanied by Axonn, the matoran and a strange jaded armor warrior.

“It’s a good thing that you all survived,” said Hahli, “We were worried that the Piraka killed you or worse.”

“But the mask,” replied Tahu, “What happened to it?”

Before Jaller could answer, Matoro’s eyes fell into a trance. Before anyone could react, the Toa Inika of ice was over the water, his body was glowing.

“The Mask, it’s calling my name,” said Matoro, still under the trance, “There’s another group of villains down there, waiting for it.”

Before their eyes, Matoro’s body changed; his ice sword transformed into a pair of claws and had all sorts of tubes on his face. Then the body fell into the water, making its way down.

“Matoro!” shouted Jaller, but there was no response.

Everyone rushed up towards the edge of the water, but they couldn’t see anything; the dark waters were too difficult to see through.

Matoro opened his eyes and realized that he was underwater, it took a moment to figure out what was happening but he saw the Ignika sinking quickly. To his surprise he was able to breathe instead of drowning. A quick look at himself was the answer to his question, his weapons have changed and his ‘electric’ flow through his body has disappeared.

Ahead, he could see a gigantic mountain with a long narrow cord that connected to a series of bubbles. At first glance, he thought it was just simply bubbles that decorated the ocean, but a second look revealed an underwater city with several houses dotted across the plain.

Then he saw a small figure swimming towards the Ignika. With a push, he tried to stop the stranger, but the matoran took it and swam back to the city. Following the Matoran quietly, he swam towards the village. As he tried to pass through the bubble, he suddenly gasped and chocked. The matoran turned and pushed him back to the sea.

“Who are you?” asked the Ga-Matoran.

Matoro simply looked at her, then the mask. He wasn’t sure how he would explain this but with a reply, “That mask there, is something that I need. Could you please hand it over?”

“I ask who are you, tell me or I’ll shoot these air bubbles to suffocate your breath,” she snapped.

“I’m Toa Matoro,” he replied, “The mask that you have in your hands is dangerous. I do not know why, but the mask needs me to do something.”

“Well, Matoro,” said Kyrehx, “We, the Mahri Nui citizens have been a dire need for heroes. Where was your kind when this village fell into the sea?”

“Elsewhere, I’ve only been a Toa for days. But my friends, they’re above still, wondering where I am,” answered Matoro.

Kyrehx wasn’t sure if she should give the mask to him. But sure enough, the plant life around her began to grab her legs. It was only when she dropped the mask that the plants stopped moving.

Being careful, Matoro stretched his arm into the air bubble, reaching for the Ignika. He finally got a hold on to it but as he pulled it out, a strange creature from nowhere grabbed the mask by its tentacles and swam away.

The toa of ice turned to see another white figure, but had several red scars on its face, with at least a dozen of Takea sharks around him.

The Toa Inika, Erax and Axonn returned to the Voya Nui village, preparing for the journey underground. The Toa Nuva left earlier in order to return to the City of Legends and help the others.

“With luck,” said Axonn, “Matoro should be down in the village. If he gains their trust, then there shouldn’t be any problems to retrieve them. Remember the task that I told you.”

The six nodded and climbed their way down. Just as they reached the bottom, they found themselves on a beach looking scene. It only took seconds to realize that this was an illusion, but by what?

To their surprise, they saw the Mask of Life floating in mid air but where was Matoro?

“You heroes have come to find me,” said the mask, “But beware, there are dangers that are waiting for all of you. And before you continue, something must be done.”

Before their eyes, the Toa and Erax’s armor began to change, bathed in the power of life. Once it was done, the mask transported them into the sea where they can adapt to their new abilities.

Erax found his armor changed greatly, he took out all of his stones and realized that they remained intact. Even his belt that the Alternate Sarhax gave to him remained the same. The new thing was a strange looking sword that had some claws attached to the base. The other Toa looked at their newly transformed weapons, wondering if they still carried the lighting dual within their powers.

Just as the Toa began to swam, they found themselves surrounded by several monstrous creatures. Some of which they recognized as the Takea sharks and the Kreas Crabs, but the others were not as recognizable.

“Just great,” snapped Kongu, “Why do we must have a group-party?”

“Because,” hissed a voice, “This is beginning of your end.”

Review

Chapter 11: A Time of Trusteeship

I have never seen such monstrous people who were mutated and desired revenge. (And I pray that this will be the last time too.) From what I've been told, the Piraka want the mask of life and now these guys wants it too. Pretty soon there's going to be a war that will determine the fate of the Ignika.

~~~~~~

The Toa faced six strange monstrous beings who led an army of sea animals. Erax took out his knowledge stone and asked for the situation.

“These six are the Barakki, the so-called warlords who were created by Mata Nui himself. The Great Spirit granted them to help maintain the universe, but they instead dare to rebel against him. The Brotherhood of Makuta eventually stopped them and took their ideas to overthrow the Great Spirit himself. Now they want the Mask of Life in order to escape and take revenge against the Makuta.”

So, six empty rulers who dare to take over this universe, but why? Where is this ‘Mata Nu’, thought Erax.

But the knowledge stone did not give an answer. He tried to break away but a few Takea sharks blocked him.

The Toa gasped at the sight, attached to one of the creatures was Matoro and a Ga-Matoran, both of them were unconscious and the Mask of Life was in the hands of the white-figured being.

“This is what you’ve been looking for?” asked Pridak, “Interesting, the mask of life has been seen by few and far.”

“As we have,” replied Hahli, “But what about it’s legendary curse?”

“Curse, Curse? Ha! What could possible curse the rest of us,” he snapped.

“That mask is vital for the universe,” said Kongu, “It wants us…”

“Why should I simply hand this mask over to you,” growled Pridak, “Do you think that it’s easy to convince me?”

Matoro finally had enough. He closed his eyes and concentrated on an ice blast, aimed at Pridak’s feet. The plan seemed to work but a blue hideous figure appeared into his eyes.

“Sleep now, little toa,” said Takadox, using the hypnosis.

Erax turned to see what was happening, the inner voice yelled out to use the new sword’s power at the sickly blue figure.

Taking aim, an electric blast struck Takadox, cutting off of the hypnosis. Matoro used his power to break free from his bonds, free the Matoran, and swam next to Jaller and Hahli. Each of the six raised their weapons and prepared for battle.

“If this is what it leads us to,” said Jaller, “Then we will battle against you for the mask.”

“Indeed,” replied Pridak, “Then it’s time that we show you are powerful legion; behold! The Barraki and the League of the Six Kingdoms will rise again!”

Back in Tokyo, Japan, Yuuko looked at the stormy sky. She knew where Erax is at exactly and what’s about to occur.

Young warrior, she muttered silently, on your world of origin, your decision will set the future for your destiny. And yet it will set the future for many others that are out in the world.

Suddenly, she felt a gentle tremor in the yard. The time was coming near…

It’s time, she thought, to unleash the ones who were waiting for a long time. My halted time is about to unfreeze once more and I will move closer and closer to death. The dream must end so that the future will move on.

She walked towards the warehouse of the shop, heading to a desolated chamber. In there was the single item that brought the existence of this “undisclosed world”.

The canister glowed dimly, housing the Sakura and Syaoran who turned their own time, waiting for the moment to help their other selves. Now the time has come.

Yuuko raised her hands, calling upon her power of space-time; the canister shattered, sending the two to the site of battle.

Watanuki has made his decision too; to keep moving forward within the shop. Now Erax’s decision is swiftly approaching…

The battle under the sea is not going well.

The Toa and Erax were having difficulty recovering the mask; time was running out and they still need to reach the village. At one point, Matoro was awfully close in getting the mask but a sea squid wrapped its tentacles on his neck. Jaller fired a blast of fire to burn the tentacles of the creature.

The Toa of Fire came up with some plan, he would need Kongu and Hahli in order to work; to create some form of steam and fog to blind the Barraki and the sea armies. Jaller, Kongu, Hahli and Hewkii created a combined blast of fog and stone particles, increasing the viewing density. Hahli then used her new Kanohi to gain special night sight. She and Matoro found the Mask on Pridak’s left hand. Sending a solid blow, Hahli used her talons to knock the Barraki out and Matoro took the Iginka.

“We have to move fast!” shouted Kongu.

The Toa swam towards the village, it would be a few minutes before the fog and dirt disappeared. Once that was done, the Barraki will be on the chase.

Defilak, Sarda, Idris and Kyrehx were in the midst of a discussion. Kyrehx told the three about a stranger who came down from the world above who took a powerful object.

“But it came from above,” said Defilak, “Was it meant to be a gift from the Great Spirit?”

“Yes, but that stranger took it,” replied Kyrehx, “He said that the mask was needed to save the Great Spirit himself.”

“Impossible,” said Sarda, “Mata Nui wouldn’t just die,”

“But why do I get these memories of an earthquake on dry land, then sinking into this place?” asked Idris, “I know that they happened a long time ago, but what if it meant something?”

"You must have spent way too much time in the shrine..." began Sarda.

“Intruders!” shouted another Matoran, “Seven of them!”

The four ran, checking the guards. Sure enough, they could see seven figures swimming at fast speed.

“Fire the launchers!” shouted Defilak.

“Stop!” shouted one of the seven, “We are here to help!”

The Matoran stopped their launchers, giving skeptical looks. Hahli swam up towards the bubble and stopped at the edge.

“We are not your enemies,” she said, “We are Toa from the island above. There are friends waiting for you. Please give us a chance to explain, you’ll understand what’s been going on.”

At the stone cord, six slimy figures emerged. These six were the Piraka, now mutated into sea snakes. Zaktan could sense the mask of the distance, but also sensed other villains who were after the mask as well.

Incredible, he thought, a village under the sea and now six evil rulers who want the Mask of Life as well.

“What now?” growled Vezok, “Swim across the sea?”

“There’s another set of beings besides the Toa,” he replied, “And it seems that they have found us.”

The Piraka braced for battle but only realizing that the six oncoming strangers were swimming to investigate this new arrival.

“So it seems,” said Kalmah, “I thought they were Skakdi?”

“We are!” snapped Avak, “Tell us you who are or else be imprisoned!”

Pridak laughed at the threat, replying, “We are already imprisoned. The sea has mutated both all of you and us. We sensed your arrival by the help of our allies.”

“We are the Barraki,” continued Kalmah, “Each of us was members of the League of the Six Kingdoms. That is, until the Makuta dared to step in.”

“I’m not so sure about this,” whispered Takadox, “Seeing that they’re Skakdi and they are chasing the Mask of Life as well…”

“Why can’t you just use your spells,” growled Mantax silently, “Your powers can help us to keep them down.”

Nodding, the blue Barraki looked into the eyes of Zaktan, sending a way of hypnosis. Avak used his power to cage Takadox after realizing what was happening. Pridak took this chance to attack the brown Piraka swiftly, losing the Skakdi’s grip on the cage.

Zaktan shook his head and said, “Your powers and ours are interesting. Together we can attack the Toa with ease.”

“Then it’s settled,” answered Pridak, “Attack the Toa and we’ll settle on the dispute for the mask.”

Then we’ll make sure that the sharks eat those nasty snakes, he thought, I’m already getting sick of their freaky faces.

One by one, the Toa gained the Matoran’s trust. Together, they formed a massive line into the Stone Cord. However as they went up, the Toa encountered a strange green cloud. The mask of life flared to life as if it knew what it was.

Had the Toa or Matoran knew, they probably would have tried to vaporize the gas. The cloud contained the life essence of Teridax who was waiting for the Toa to return.

At last, he thought, now it’s time to take it.

The cloud made its way towards Matoro but the Toa of Ice could hear the thoughts from the mask, “Don’t let the cloud touch me, it’s the Makuta! He’s been waiting for you with the mask!”

Matoro tried to swim away from the cloud but he was struck by chain lightning. The Toa of Ice fell unconscious while the others prepared for battle.

Erax stood outside of the cord, standing guard. He wanted to go with the Toa but they feared that the Barraki would try to find them or eliminate any of the stragglers. At first the task seemed quite easy, until a black and silver armored warrior swam towards him.

Hydraxon fired his Cordak blaster but it missed, striking a small section of the cord. The long narrow stone began to shake but stopped.

“What was that for?” snapped Erax, “Trying to kill me?”

“You are an escapee from The Pit,” replied the other warrior, “You must be put imprison.”

“I’m not even from this world,” he answered, “I don’t even know who you are.”

The two of them turned to see a black wall in the far distance. The black wall turned out to be a large army of sea creatures led by six monstrous beings and six disgusting snakes.

Hydraxon swam to the side and opened up a secret cache, revealing several Cordak Blasters.

“Take these,” said Hydraxon, “If you can help me here then I’ll let you go.”

Nodding, Erax took one and took aim at one of the creatures in the distance.

Hydraxon fired the blaster and threw his exploding boomerangs. The two explosive devices seemed to knock out a number but the charge was still coming.

Listening to his internal voice, Erax took out his “Tri-Sword” and concentrated on a gigantic blast. A stream of lightning and fire knocked down several lines.

The two continued to fire, trying to knock down the army. Time was running out as the Barraki’s army grew closer.

The Toa Mahri were having difficulty fighting against the green cloud. Matoro was badly injured by the attack but finally gained conscious with the Ignika still in his grip. The sapient gas threw several chain lightning and using the tiny critters to parasite the Matoran. Realizing that it was useless, everyone ran towards the top of the cord. To their surprise, the cloud stayed behind and the creatures disappeared.

Axonn waited at the top, brining the Matoran one by one to meet with the Voya residents. It was quite a reunion for both worlds to meet but time was running out. The warrior jumped in and led the Toa to a small chamber, activating a strange creature that had its own compartments for the Toa to ride inside.

Once they left, he returned to the surface and said, “Time is of the essence, the Toa are going to destroy this place here so that Voya Nui can return home. I’m sure that some of you don’t remember much but once we’re home, you’ll remember.”

The matoran populace ran, heading towards the Nui Caves. It was the only safe place for them to be in order to survive the trip. If they didn’t make it, then several lives could be lost.

Far away from the scenes of battle, a single object flew. Free from the bonds of its previous world, the object was able to regenerate its power and prepare for the next world. Who knew how this thing was operated? It was up to this object that would set the events into motion in order to prepare for the future of many.

He will return home soon, thought the object, but he still has to make a few more trips and a difficult decision so the dream can end.

Review

Edited by Toa Syaoran

Chapter 12: A Robot’s Heart

Things are getting nasty in the ocean. The Barraki are sending their armies to attack us and I don’t know if I’ve completed my task in this world. I still have questions that I want answer but I think it’s almost time for me to depart when this is all over. All I can say is that one moment; I’m in the water, the next, I’ve returned to land in a dangerous swamp.

~~~~~~

The Toa Mahri emerged from the Cord and saw the massive armies attacking Erax and some strange warrior.

Erax turned and said, “You have to hurry! The Barraki armies are attacking us!”

Jaller looked at his fellow heroes and nodded. The others nodded back. The time has come for them.

“We have to destroy the cord,” he replied, “The Matoran are brought to safety.”

“Take these then,” said the black armored warrior, “I may not know all of you but from the looks, you’re Toa. But why are you down here anyway?”

“For the life of Mata Nui,” answered Matoro, showing the Mask of Life.

The sight made the armies charge. Matoro realized his mistake.

“Now!” shouted Jaller. The Toa Mahri, Erax and Hydraxon took the Cordak Blasters and aimed at the thinnest section of the cord, firing. A massive explosion triggered, destroying the cord.

“Out of the way!” shouted Hydraxon. Everyone swam away as the island of Voya Nui began to sink. The sight of the island was quite disturbing. The city of Mahri Nui was destroyed by the falling island.

The vision around Erax began to change; he knew that it was time for his departure. He watched as the Toa chased after the island before he closed his eyes once more…

Erax woke up and saw himself standing in the midst of darkness. He was able to breathe air once more but this place was empty. Was it a void?

No, he turned to see four beings. Their outfits were very much alike; two girls with some form of a dress while two boys who wore gigantic green cloaks. One of the boys was badly beaten up.

Then he heard footsteps in the distance. It was another man who was totally confused at the sight. Erax recognized the man back from Tokyo.

One of the girls finally spoke, saying, “Do not worry, it will all be alright.”

The vision around him changed again, this time, he was floating over an endless ocean. Suddenly, the waves went rough and before his eyes, a gigantic being was already emerging from the water. There was a stream of light coming out from the chest after it stood over the water, heading into space.

The scene changed once more, showing the warrior an endless jungle which seemed awfully familiar but couldn’t recall the place. The forest showed a group of beings arguing silently and the disappearance of one of the warriors. (Without his memories of the past, he does not understand this scene.)

Erax woke up from this strange dream and found himself in a misty place. There were some form of twisted trees around him along with patches of water, mud and grass. His body has changed once more, from his "scuba" into his original form only with some unknown gadgets on his shoulders, and legs.

This is your form for this world. You will need this for faster traveling across this swamp. Located here is a powerful structure called the Codrex. Already, there’s a battle going on here with eight Toa and eight Makuta. The residents of this place, the Av-Matoran has lost many of their friends who were transformed into the Shadow Matoran. Your task for this world is to help Takanuva in finding the Klakk and bringing the Av-Matoran to safety.

Erax was getting sick and tired of listening to his inner mind but the information seemed quite accurate so far. He could hear the signs of metal clashing, explosions and yelling.

He soared into the air and found a group of Toa combating the Makuta. One of them carried some stone-like tablet which seemed to fit as a key on the spherical structure. Before his eyes, he saw the eight heroes entering the gigantic silver sphere.

Suddenly he could feel the temperature decreasing around him. He turned to see a white, pale figure that was draining the heat around him. Already, Erax could feel the cold and was about to freeze to death.

Krika took a look at his new opponent. Sure this figure wasn’t a Toa, but how did it get here? There was only one possible theory.

This one came from another dimension, thought the Makuta, well then, he should make a fine candidate for us to show the Toa how powerful we are.

Erax took out his tri-blade sword and aimed a stunning blast at him. Krika tried to transform into his ghostly form, but the blast threw him backwards, throwing him towards the electric field of the Codrex. The shock blasted him back forward, falling into the swamp.

Score one for the sphere, thought Erax, but how will I get in there?

In the distance, he heard a loud cry coming from the skies. He saw a small winged figure that was flying at such speed. A dark twisted figure fired a blast of shadow, angering the creature. The Klakk screamed at the Shadow Matoran, destroying its mental barrier.

Erax carefully flew up to the creature, making sure that it wouldn’t scream at him. Sure enough the Matoran seemed quite confused and puzzled. Several Av-Matoran checked to see what was wrong, only speculating that they’re still what they were.

“Of course, how are we supposed to trust you?” asked Tanma.

Kirop shook his head and said, “Listen to me. I really didn’t mean to become with the Makuta! Watch.”

The newly returned matoran fired a blast of light into the air, giving proof of his allegiance.

“Well, if you’re really back on our side, what did the Makuta taught you?” asked Photok.

“They said something about making sure that the Toa Nuva must awake Mata Nui. Once they do, we are supposed to eliminate them,” answered Kirop.

“But why would they want him to wake up? Wasn’t it satisfying enough that they brought the Great Spirit down?” asked Solek.

Kirop shrugged, he had no answer. The other Av-Matoran turned to see Takanuva who was emerging from the Codex along with Pohatu and Lewa riding on some vehicles.

“Did this creature work?” asked Takanuva.

“It seems so,” answered Photok, “It somehow erased their shadowy minds and gave them their light powers back.”

“Then let’s get this creature mad and free the others. We don’t have much time left before Mata Nui awakens,” he replied.

“Wait! Who’s that?” said Solek, pointing at the green armored stranger.

Takanuva turned and saw the unknown being; he looked like a Toa, but there were some strange elements coming from him. He had some form of flying ability but is he a Makuta?

The Toa of light flew up to him and said, “Who are you?”

“From another world,” came the reply, “I know what’s been happening here and I’ll help out. There’s no time fore me to fully introduce to myself, but we’ll talk along the way.”

Takanuva nodded and turned to the others, “He’s not an enemy but we should be careful. Let’s go!”

Tahu, Ignika, Gali, and Onua were busy inside the Codrex, observing the gigantic lightstones. Ignika stood aside while the others read the key stone.

“So we are to use our powers to create some ‘nova blast’?” asked Tahu, confused.

“But that could destroy this place,” said Gali.

“Maybe not,” he answered, “But maybe we should combine our blasts at once.”

“That could awake…or kill him,” muttered Onua.

“But the instructions wants us to create some pulse waves from our powers and a Nova blast is somewhat the closest we can get,” said Tahu.

“Is there another resource?” asked Gali, “That can be used to do this without damage?”

The three slowly turned to Ignika, wondering if his power could awake the Great Spirit without problems. Ignika, realizing the expression charged at them, knocking Tahu off of his feet. The animated Toa grew enraged at the suggestion.

“If it’s me you want,” he said, “Then my existence will end, making me a mask once more, not a hero.”

Tahu could feel the power of life draining from him, he quickly set his body to several thousands degrees, backing the Toa away.

Gali thought about those words just now, they didn’t make any sense. She thought about Matoro, whom according to Tanma, used the Ignika to restore Mata Nui’s life. Somehow the mask was starting to have doubt which was something that Matoro never had.

It has to work, she thought, and all I have to do is to tell him.

Erax, Takanuva and the Av-Matoran gathered the newly returned Shadow-Matoran into a group. The Klakk’s power scream proved to be very useful, allowing the dark Matoran to come back to the light. Though there were mutations to be undone, everyone embraced and prepared to leave this place once more.

“Are you sure that you can take them?” asked Takanuva.

“Yes,” answered Erax, “You go and help your friends. Farewell.”

Erax flew in front of the line and shouted, “Let's go!"

The group soared their way to the western wall. The swamp around them grew incredibly bright. Then one of the Av-Matoran shouted, “The storm is coming!”

What, thought Erax, how is it?

The winds around them grew heavier, blowing some of the Av-Matoran off course. They had to get through the exit before storm consumed them. Erax took out his power stone, granting the Av-Matoran better balance in flying.

The western wall opened and closed at a certain beat; it almost sounded like a heart that was beating back and forth in someone’s body. The tunnel inside was long and dark with very few lightstones to guide the way.

“We’re almost there!” he shouted.

Several Av-Matoran flew ahead, combining their powers to hold the door open. One by one they escaped into the tunnels. Erax was about to join inside when he could feel the portal taking him away once more. He was glad to at least escape but prayed that the Av-Matoran will find refuge on the other side.

The Great Spirit rises from slumber once more...but the dream has not ended yet...and the choice must be made

Review

Chapter 13: Into the Great Jungle

These last few tasks were awfully dangerous; each of them have something to do with Mata Nui and his universe. If I stayed there long enough, perhaps I would know why these missions were so important.

Now, I come to this mountainous area where I see a group of beings heading towards some landmark that was suppose to contain answers to anyone’s’ questions. But a group of beings who desired for power are seemed to be chasing after them.

Mata Nui led the group of Glatorian towards the long pass, heading for the entrance to the Great Volcano. This journey into the Maze Valley was proven difficult since the landscape shifts from time to time, making its wonderers confused and lost. Not to mention their encountering with strange beings who were made out of the elements themselves.

Behind them, the Fire and Ice Lords watched, preparing to chase after them.

“Whatever is in that volcano, it has to be something valuable,” said Mata Nui.

“But what about the others?” asked Ackar, “Will they understand what we are doing here?”

“If they’re not helping us, then they should just leave!” he answered.

Before Kiina could say something the group saw a gigantic flash into the sky; a green streak was falling towards them.

“Scatter!” shouted Kiina. The Glatorian jumped out of the way just as the newcomer smashed into the ground, creating a crater.

Erax woke up and felt dizzy. This was awfully a hard landing but to his surprise, he wasn’t as injured as he expected to be. He looked up to see several beings who peaked through the top. For some reason, they looked almost as if he was just like himself.

Interesting, thought Erax, their armor looks almost like mines.

The yellow armored figure jumped in and prepared his sword, asking, “Who are you? You’re not one of those natural beings…?”

“Natural beings?” said Erax, confused.

“Mata Nui, we have to hurry!” shouted Kiina.

“Come with us or stay here,” he said to Erax.

Erax climbed up and prepared to face the scene. Two beings cloaked in fire and ice were firing their powers towards them. The Glatorian ran through a few more turns to find a gate. Erax turned and waved his tri sword to create a landslide, blocking the Element Lords from proceeding.

“Nice move there,” said a Skrall, then with confused face, “You seem familiar…?”

“Just a traveler,” replied Erax.

Mata Nui looked at the symbols; there were at least eight different ones; seven small ones with a larger one beneath all of them.

I’ve seen that one back in Tajun, thought Mata Nui, maybe my mask can open this gate.

As expected, the larger symbol glowed but the gate did not open. Behind them, the rubble began to melt as the Element Lords tried to break in.

Erax walked up to see what was wrong, only noticing that as he got closer, the gate began to open.

Does this place know who I am, he thought.

“Keep it up,” said Mata Nui.

Erax nodded and raised both of his hands; the gate opened with a breeze.

“We’ll stay here and buy you time,” said Oris.

Mata Nui nodded as he, Kiina, Ackar and Erax went inside. The others turned to face the Element Lords, preparing for a suicidal fight.

Kotan World

Garaxial watched this interesting scene and chuckled to himself. This was somewhat an interesting chase scene. Back when Erax was in Karda Nui, he was about to send some of his experiment creatures to chase after him, but the storm began to pick up which made him to wait.

If all goes well, he thought, they should be heading towards Bota Magna. We'll just have to see what will happen when Erax gets there.

Sure he could send his shadow entities to go after him, but he decided that they should wait until some future war. His revenge against the Great Beings will have to be put aside until Erax somehow finds his way home.

As he changed the scenes, he saw some strange object flying through the void. It was a small, spherical object that he sensed great power.

An object that can create universes, or eliminate them, he thought, not to mention creating ties and parallels.

But little does he know that there’s someone inside of that object, someone who will become his newest and perhaps his most dangerous enemy.

Finally, a portal opened, revealing his shadow entities dragging a black armored warrior who carried a spiked club. The time for his experiment has come.

Great Volcano

The four Glatorian made their way across a few corridors. The temperature was already getting warm as they reached closer to the core.

“There!” shouted Ackar, pointing at some gigantic machinery.

Mata Nui took a closer look at it and was amazed, it wasn’t just machinery; they belonged to some vehicle, a powerful one.

“Maybe we should get in,” he said quietly, “A place to hide…?”

The others could hear heavy footsteps nearby.

“Yeah, seeing that it’s either in or get fried,” agreed Ackar.

The four climbed inside into the rocket. Mata Nui could tell that this have had to be made long ago, perhaps the Great Beings? He saw a red button that was very significant from the others. He pressed it; causing the rocket to take off.

Everyone held on tight as the speed of the rocket was incredibly fast, fast enough to escape the Bara Magna planet. Neither of them noticed that far below, the pieces of the prototype robot began to assemble. The Agori who took residents fled in panic and watched as their home transformed.

Space Time Void

Watanuki took a few steps into the darkness. He could hear someone breathing nearby but couldn’t tell who.

“No, this isn’t a dream,” said a voice.

Watanuki ran and found Yuuko bonded to the darkness itself. The witched looked up sadly and said, “The time for me has come.”

“Yuuko!” he shouted, he tried to take a step closer but his feet wouldn’t move. He tried to go backwards as well but the results were the same.

“As soon as I disappear, your curse will end,” said Yuuko.

“But why so soon?” asked Watanuki, “You’ve taught me so much about the people and the world! At first, I didn’t care but now…please…”

“I just want you to live on,” replied the witch, “That’s all what I want from you. The decision that I made was important to those other worlds outside, particularly the two.”

“No, Yuuko, please wait! No! Stop this!” he shouted, “Yuuko-san!!!”

“My time is nearly up, yours is just the beginning,” she replied, “I’m so sorry, but thank you. I am glad to have met you.”

The darkness covered the witched and disappeared. From there, Watanuki has made his choice; to wait for the witch to return.

But now, a strange scene comes into play. The vision around him began to change; he saw a group of humans talking to some robotic like beings. He recognized one of them from a few weeks ago. Then he saw that same being asking for his memories to return in sacrificing his compass.

The scene changed as he woke back up in the living room of the shop, his decision now comes into motion…

Bota Magna

Mata Nui and the others emerged from their space craft. They crashed landed in the midst of an endless jungle filled with interesting wildlife. The air around here was a bit thinner than usual, not to mention the cold.

Erax looked around and could see that this place was somehow familiar to him. From the back of his mind, it was trying to tell him but nothing came out.

“Stay close,” said Mata Nui, “We don’t know about this place.”

The four Glatorian readied their weapons, preparing for any possible attacks. Nothing seemed to happen.

Suddenly, a twig snapped; a group of birds soared into the sky and screeched. The flying insects around them disappeared into the trees and logs.

Finally, they could hear a roar coming from the trees behind them. A gigantic two legged creature that was a cross between a Rock Steed and a Sun Dragon emerged. The creature roared loud, causing the four to run.

“That’s a good way to be observant,” said Kiina sarcastically.

“What was that creature?” asked Erax.

“Whatever it was, it’s not like anything we’ve seen,” answered Ackar.

The group found themselves at the edge of a gigantic river; most of it was frozen but neither of them dared to step in with the risk of falling. The gigantic Dino creature was coming fast.

“A bridge!” said Kiina, pointing at something in the distance.

They ran towards the empty bridge; to their surprise it was made out of ice and the trees. The four made their away across to the other side. Ackar used his flame power to melt some of the ice, hoping that the creature would drown.

“A village,” said Erax.

The others looked and saw from above, a village within some valley. The grass was filled with mist, steam and fog.

Village of the Mist

A group of Agori labored in repairing a few huts. Just mere days ago, there was some rampage with the Dinarios. While most of these creatures are normally calm, they can become dangerous if someone dared to go near their nest.

“Elder, it seems that there’s been another stampede across the river,” said one of the Agori.

“Has there been any signs of a possible another stampede?” asked Vas.

“No, but there was a loud crash earlier somewhere in the woods, I took my friends to investigate the site but there was nothing or no one inside,” replied Castra.

A third Agori ran from the south gate, running out of breath.

“There has been a sign of four invaders!” said Meolo, “I saw several footprints which led up to the high cliff!”

“And where are these four beings?” asked Vas.

Meolo shrugged but Castra saw something in the distance. She saw a group of four warrior like beings who almost resembled the ‘Glatorian’ of their village but there was something different about them.

“Invite them into my office,” said Vas, “It seems that there’s going to be a long talk with them.”

“Bur sir, what if they’re threats?” asked Castra.

“They’ll be taken care of,” replied Vas, "Go get them. They will be my guests for this evening."

Review

Chapter 14: The Mysterious Statue

We found ourselves in this new world here. The Agori here seemed friendly but I’m afraid that we’ll see a dark side about them. However, this is not their doing as we will find out that there’s some special medicine that can undo the mutations. The odd thing is that Mata Nui dreams of someone that I recognized from another world, but yet, what are the connections to each universe that I run into?

Erax, Mata Nui, Kiina and Ackar sat in a small room in Vas’s hut. The Agori elder decided to make them as guests, but has his secret agents on the watch to make sure that they wouldn’t pose a threat.

“Bara Magna, a world of desert, hm,” said Vas, “I do remember such a place but it’s been quite such a long time.”

“What happened to this place?” asked Erax.

“Just a few days after the cataclysm, the people on this moon were under some strange spell. At a certain time at night, a number of us transform into a bestial forms and killed many innocents. Fortunately, we found a strange liquid that seemed to have came from the original planet during the war,” explained Vas, “The top scientists took this liquid and mixed it with some of the mutated Agori’s blood and the mutation was undone after they drank it.

“However, as time passed, so did these ‘traits of our bestial forms’. These traits grew stronger and more resistant to this liquid. None of us knows how or why this mutation is happening. We lost so many people and now we’re down to at least 35 of us.”

Mata Nui seemed quite interested in this mutation. He remembered a species called Visorak who were known for their Hordika mutations. Although he is no longer with the Matoran Universe, the Ignika gave him the memories of many beings from the robotic world. Here this world, there was a similar mutation but no one knew the source.

“More tea and biscotti?” offered Vas.

“No thank you,” replied the others.

“Just a question,” said Erax, “What was this ‘spell’ that was placed upon the certain Agori?”

“More of a curse, actually,” answered Vas, “Some of us believe that it’s a curse from the Great Beings but…”

“The Great Beings?” said Mata Nui, “But why? Why do they speak against them?”

“Are you one of them?” asked Vas.

“No, but my origin is tied from them,” he answered, “They made me a gigantic robot…”

“Ah, so that’s what’s with all the metal back during the war,” said Vas, “I think I remember that.”

“That was me,” continued Mata Nui, “I was responsible for an important world that I ignored while performing my duties. That I paid a terrible price….”

After explaining about his past and his exile, Vas asked, “Then how did you ended up here?”

“Well, there was a…eh?” began Mata Nui.

Before the others could ask, Mata Nui was already in a trance. He was already floating a few inches from the ground, looking at the strange set of patterns on the ceiling. He recognized most of them but there was a strange symbol that was in a shape of a kite with four triangles, almost like a compass. That symbol was glowing.

Mata Nui raised his hand and pressed the symbol. There was a loud hum coming from the outside. Then a great tremor struck the hut and the village. The Agori panicked and cried about some structure rising from the ground. The Glatorian went outside and saw a series of stones rising from the distance. The stones shaped out into a gigantic circle.

“What is that?” asked Kiina.

“The answer is at the stone circle,” said Mata Nui, still in his trance, “The stones, the Great Sphere, the Golden Orb, the Tsubasa…”

While no one understood the words, Erax suspected that the strange power that he encountered in the first world was perhaps using him.

If it is, then how will that power be contained, he thought.

Mata Nui finally collapsed to the floor, still repeating the phrase, “Stones, Great Sphere, Golden Orb, Tsubasa…”

The stranger walked through a narrowed chamber, preparing to take responsibility once more. It was just mere moments ago when that same stranger fell asleep for a few seconds. Then the person woke up and realized that its soul was already switched with its image.

My image must prepare for the future, or else, the universes that he began to tie them will collapse. Thanks to others, they unknowingly built connections for each of the worlds that were similar.

Without another moment to hesitate, the stranger flipped several switches and started to work maintaining the place again.

Erax, Kiina and Ackar went towards the series of stones, investigating the area.

“These carvings, they somehow give details on many creations,” said Ackar.

“Could these be the workings of the Great Beings?” asked Erax.

“Tsk, they’re more destructors if you ask me,” growled Kiina, “Turing Bara Magna into a wasteland.”

“No! Look at this,” replied Ackar, “According to this carving; the liquid that we fought for was the one that shattered the world! It was this liquid that made these moons that still orbit to this very day!”

“But then why did the shattering only kept this jungle in orbit with the desert?” said Kiina, “There’s more than just this moon. Mata Nui was right, there’s an ocean moon somewhere out in the stars.”

Erax was busy looking at a series of symbols. He saw exactly what Mata Nui saw earlier; there was a small circular shape, a set of wings, a symbol of three circles flanked by two arches, with the last one a kite shaped with the triangles along with a name, “Skralla”.

Erax took out the knowledge stone once more, however the object was not working. He tried to ask his inner mind for some trivial matter but it was all silence.

I met someone who had that name, he thought, she was a farmer who was working with her friends until that idiot used his power to destroy their business.

Little does he know that there’s another Skralla out in his journey, but where is she? Was there a “Skralla” in this universe?

He continued on reading, discovering that this one is a statue who was supposed to cure the ancient curse of the Agori. However, the statue went missing after the earthquake and no one knows exactly where until one Agori stumbled this far and found it. An excavation was proposed but the snow storms did not stop which was a reason why the statue is hard to find.

Mata Nui woke up and found himself on a bed. He turned his head and saw a black armored figure, was this still a dream?

“Come with me,” said the stranger, “I was once living but died during the earthquake; the Agori known me for cures and antidotes so I was made into a statue. However, the shattering took me onto this moon here. If you can find it, perhaps my spirit will free the mutation that the Agori have.”

“What is your name?” he asked.

“I was known as Skralla,” replied the stranger, “The statue of myself needs to be found before tonight comes before the mutations take permanent residence into their bodies. The best place to start is to locate your friends at the stone sites. From there, the path towards tomorrow can begin.”

As soon as Mata Nui returned to the group, they began their journey towards the Northern Frost. According to Mata Nui’s vision, one of the clues started out there.

“But there’s more,” said Erax, “I encountered another Skralla in a separate world.”

“Another of her?” asked Kiina.

“As a traveler, I see familiar beings but that doesn’t mean they have the same personality,” he answered, “It’s just like what the witch taught me; the only thing that remains the same is the soul of a person. Otherwise, his occupation, his duty, his loyalty varies from world to world.”

But little does he know that there are a few exceptions to this…due to an important choice long ago…

The Glatorian finally found the edge of the great Northern Frost, but the statue was no where to be seen.

“Are we perhaps not looking in the right direction?” asked Ackar.

“The spirit told me that we have to get to the northernmost area of the planet, thus the central area of this frost,” answered Mata Nui.

Erax looked up at the tall glaciers; it would be difficult for him and the others to climb up. After making a decision, he took out the power stone.

“Come out, Gale wind!” he shouted.

Before the others could ask, a trail of wind swirled around their feet. Before their eyes, they were floating on a disc of air, heading towards the top of the frost.

“You have such amazing power,” said Mata Nui, “And where did you say that you’re from?”

Erax went blank on the question, he really had no idea still of his true origin. However, the frost and ice around him was seemingly familiar, but his mind was trying to block out the memories.

“I am only a traveler,” he replied, “I do not know my past.”

Mata Nui changed the subject and answered, “Let’s keep going then.”

“If I recall correctly,” said Ackar, “There’s a snow storm as we get closer to the center, so we’ll have to stay close or else we’ll get separated.”

As it turned out, the snow started to fall gently but as they drew closer, the winds began to pick up. Erax and the others could barely see a tall statue in the distance.

“There it is!” shouted Kiina.

The group ran, trying not to let go of each other, but they all slipped on the ice and were thrown down. Mata Nui and Erax got up but the others were missing.

“Do we need to go back?” asked Erax.

“No,” said Mata Nui, “Hopefully, they’re at the statue, let’s go!”

The two made it to the center of the frost; the Skralla statue overlooked the entire endless sea of ice. It was interesting to see that it was not affected by the snow at all.

“We’ll wait here,” said Mata Nui, perhaps if I can make a powerful blast of…”

But there was no need. Erax was already locked standing in one place; both of his hands were raised into the air. The statue began to glow, feeding Erax with energy. The only problem was that his body was mostly organic and not mechanical.

Mata Nui tried to get him but it was no use, he was thrown back by the energy field that separated him and the other Glatorian. Luckily, the others found him but gasped at the sight.

“What do we do now?” asked Kiina.

“We can only watch,” answered Mata Nui, “And whatever the statue is doing to him, I hope he doesn’t get killed.”

Review

Chapter 15: The Path towards Tomorrow

Just as I stared at the statue, it summons me into a separate world. However I didn’t realize that this Skralla here was similar to the other Skralla that I will meet when the journey is done. A battle begins to rise though as my allied friends and I return to the village.

Space/Time Void

Erax stood alone in the shadows; the statue sent him here as a result of being summoned. But for what is he summoned for?

He turned to see a black and silvered armored figure that was carrying a small vial. It looked similar to his healing potion but the liquid was green instead of gold.

“Take this,” said Skralla, “I had this before I died in the earthquake. It was meant to cure the people of Bota Magna from their curse. Use it carefully for this is the only one.”

Then she realized and said, “I see, you’re from another Spherus Magna. But of course you don’t remember, even if were to tell you right now; you used to live in an alternate Spherus Magna where I still lived on and changed the world. If you can cure these people, your chances to return home will increase.”

Erax took the vial and looked at it, and then he looked at the Skrall. He wanted to ask more questions but the view changed.

He woke up and found himself back at the edge of the Northern Frost. The others were with him, worried that he might not have survived.

“Let’s go,” said Erax, slowly getting up, “This vial is needed.”

It was already moonlight in the Village of the Mist. A few Agori were already mutated by the moon into monstrous forms of themselves, terrorizing the innocent villagers.

Vas, Meolo and Castra gathered the survivors of the attack, knowing that they would have to leave this place in order to avoid death.

“How many were killed?” asked Meolo.

“Three more deaths have occurred,” said Castra, “Do you think that those warriors survived?”

“I don’t know, but I’ve heard that the Northern Frost has powerful ice storms that will freeze anyone to…” began Vas.

The three turned to see the Glatorian returning. Erax carried the vial in his hand and presented it to Vas, “We’ve found this vial which will undo the mutation on the Agori.”

Vas took it and opened the cap; he realized that it was the stuff of life, created by Skralla long ago.

At last, he thought as he tilts the vial.

Meolo slapped the other Agori's face and caught it, without a spill.

“Why are you drinking this for yourself?” he snapped, “It’s for the other Agori!”

Before their eyes, Vas began to transform. Mata Nui and the others readied their weapons as the Agori elder mutated into a gigantic eight-legged creature.

The mutated Vas opened its mouth and spat out several strings of vines at the other Agori and towards the Glatorian. The four warriors jumped out of the way and readied their thornax launchers.

“He’s been one of them,” snapped Castra, shocked. She couldn’t believe what was happening to her best friend.

“A traitor, more precisely,” growled Meolo.

The spider roared, sending the six of them into the bushes. They got up and braced themselves for another attack but Vas changed its mind and headed towards the other survivors, using its power to kill them on contact.

“We have to stop him,” said Castra, “Before he kills more of our people.”

“The ship,” muttered Ackar, “Could it take us back to Bara Magna?”

“What ship?” asked Meolo.

“We came here on a gigantic rocket from Bara Magna, that gigantic planet that you see in the sky. Perhaps if we can take the rest of you with us, you can find your lost friends,” suggested Mata Nui.

“So you want us to surrender our homes here to risk our lives in the desert? No way! We can’t let our home fall!” snapped Castra.

Erax placed his hand on Castra’s shoulder and said, “Listen to us. True that there’s not much resources in Bara Magna, but there are more people out there who are waiting for you. My friends here have told me that the Agori on Bara Magna are wondering about the survivors on the moons here. They want you back.”

Castra and Meolo paused and thought for a moment. Could their long lost friends were waiting for them in Bara Magna?

“Then tell us what to do,” said Meolo.

The Glatorian brought the remaining 25 Agori survivors towards the damaged ship. A few of them were able to repair the rocket and add more room for themselves and the Glatorian.

Mata Nui and Erax stood on guard while the others were helping the Agori. They finally heard a roar coming from the Dinarios and the Gigantic Spider.

“We’ll have to put a distraction,” said Mata Nui, “I’ll fight the Dinarios, can you handle the spider?”

“It’s not a problem,” replied Erax.

The two split off, distracting the creatures away from the working site. It wasn’t as easy since both of the creatures were interested by the sight of the Agori but the usage of their weapons allowed them to charge away.

Erax jumped onto a tree and landed on the spider’s back. The creature used its legs to kick him off, sending him into the dry mud.

If I keep running, this monster will kill me, I have to fight back, he thought.

Erax heard a loud howl coming from the other monster. He could tell that someone has already won.

Sounds like Mata Nui killed the Dinarios, he thought.

Finally, the inner voice returned to him, “You must use your tri-sword and combine it with your talon spear from Aeran.”

Erax realized what it meant, he remember during the training back in Kenax City, he was given a temporally weapon for use and realized that he forgot to return it. However, if this was needed along with his tri-sword…

The jungle warrior jumped into the air; his spear on the left hand, the tri-sword on the right. He merged the two into one and a gigantic combination of the two weapons formed. The spider spat out a ball of vines, but Erax was ready and struck it down in half. The creature spat out a few more but it missed. One of them was about to hit the warrior but Erax batted the ball of vine, hitting the creature’s face. The spider tumbled down, allowing Erax to finish the job…

Just as he was able to put a final blow, he saw something that froze him stood; a tear drop was falling from the eyes of the creature as if it accepted his fate.

The spider began to transform back into Vas. The Agori slowly woke up as if it was all a dream as the sun was beginning to rise once more. Erax took out his medical vial and spilled a drop of that combined with the antidote from Skralla’s spirit. The two mixtures transformed into a clear substance and fell into Vas’s mouth.

Vas reacted a bit violently at first but the effects of the liquid were finally undoing the curse of his monstrous form. The spider and the Agori split into two while the creature shrank in size and disappeared into the bushes.

“You…saved me,” said Vas, coughing, “But your sword almost took my life.”

“Yes,” replied Erax, “I saw the true Agori within you. You were cursed into this monstrous form and you denied it, why?”

Vas was about to cry, “Because, I didn’t want to lose my friends if they found out; they were important to me just as how I was important to them. They’ve trust my leadership for a very long time, even before Bota Magna was separated from the rest of the world. That’s why I was so eager to drink the entire vial, hoping that I would be cured. However you knew the exact amount that I was meant to drink.”

“Your friends are leaving this place,” said Erax, “Ackar and the others are repairing the rocket that brought the four of us here. You can use it to return to Bara Magna and reunite with your friends.”

Erax and Vas returned to the working site where the Agori were bringing some of the equipment from the village. They knew that this was going to be a one-way trip so they decided to bring some of the technology in hopes of helping their lost friends on the desert planet.

“You’re…not coming with us?” asked Mata Nui.

“No,” replied Erax, “The time for me to leave is soon. The compass that I carry with me will send me out of here.”

“Well then, I guess this is good-bye,” said Kiina.

“I believe so,” he answered, “Thank you.”

Erax handed Mata Nui the vile and stepped back, watching the last few people going inside the rocket. The flames glowed as the ship prepared its way back home. Slowly but surely, the rocket soared into the skies.

Behind him, the portal appeared and grew until it was about his size. Erax took a deep breath and jumped in, preparing for his path towards tomorrow. He would never forget his times in many worlds, from making friends to learning many secrets about each world. Though there were times that he stayed for a few hours, he got to learn something that others wouldn’t have; being thankful.

Someday, he thought, I’ll record them all down…and I will give a name to this journey, Decade.

*Erax’s journey continues in Petals in the Pond beginning in Chapter 13 where tribes clash each other as a result of the rising star crossed lovers. Then his journey concludes in Averax Magna Chronicles at the end of book 2 and throughout book 3. The epilogue will take you back to present.

Review

Edited by Toa Syaoran

Epilogue: There’s No Place like Home

After going through another world, I finally return home. However, I didn’t realize that it was the world where I came from until after a great battle. (Although I was hinted back in the Alternate Bota Magna about my origin, my memory erased that knowledge before I could obtain it) Once I realized that this was home, I was quite relieved, but sad at the same time. Was it perhaps that I missed my people and believing that I should be thankful for what I have? After all, I guess you have to be careful for what you wish for.

But what could possibly go wrong now that I’m home?

Erax took a deep breath and looked at the sunset. It was already evening and he was finally done with his adventure. He wasn’t so sure that if this tale was the best choice, but he knew that he was able to get it out of his mind at last.

“Your choice reflected who you were at first,” said Syarix, “But overtime, you realized how important it is to be thankful. Now that you are home…”

“Yes. I swear that I will never leave this place ever again. I guess there’s really no place like home, after all,” answered Erax.

Sakari got up and hugged him, saying, “You’ve been through a lot of hardships…and misery. You’ve met many people that probably looked just like us, but were different than who we are in this world.”

“Thank you,” he replied, “For believing.”

“No problem,” she answered, “We welcome you to stay in the palace as much as you want. You don’t have to live with the villagers…”

“I’m alright,” said Erax, “This palace is only for the nobility, and even though I might be connected to your parents, I still want to live in the village.”

“It’s not a problem at all,” replied Sakari, “Stay here as much as you need. And…is it alright if I can call you uncle-sama? It’s a title that I use with my parents for ‘mother-sama’ and ‘father-sama’.”

“Well…alright, thanks,” he answered, he was about to blush at the term but kept it silently.

Just as the three of them smiled, the bells ranged a low tone. Neither of them recognized it right away as the bells that usually rang were much higher than that.

“Is something wrong?” said Sakari, nervous at the noise.

Before the three could react, they heard some shouts and panics. They peered over the balcony and saw several villagers meeting up with Mata Nui and Skralla.

“What’s going on?” asked Syarix.

“That doesn’t sound good, from the looks of this,” muttered Erax.

“We should find out what’s wrong,” said Sakari.

The three ran down the stairs, heading to the main entrance. Mata Nui and Skralla were in a conversation with Raanu, Dume, Vakama, Takanuva, Gresh, Kiina, and Tarix.

“Mother-sama!” shouted Sakari, “What’s wrong?”

Skralla turned to see Sakari and the others, running.

“Thank goodness,” she replied, “You must get to your other selves, quickly!”

“But what’s--” began Sakari

“No time to explain,” answered Skralla, “Mata Nui will take you and Syarix to the island of Kerbax down south.”

Island of Kerbax, thought Sakari, but isn’t that a dangerous place?

Before Sakari could ask more questions, Mata Nui clasped his hands together; two gigantic wings grew on his back. He raised his right hand into the air, creating a magic circle beneath Sakari’s and Syarix’s feet. The circle began to spin, faster and faster by the moment.

“Hang on!” he shouted. Sakari and Syarix held hands, preparing for this unexpected teleportation.

Erax took a step back and hesitated about if he wanted to join them. He was sure that Mata Nui and Skralla would say no since he traveled enough, but he wasn’t ready to see his “niece” leave. Before he could ask, they disappeared, along with Mata Nui.

“May I ask where they are going?” questioned Erax.

“To the Kingdom of Clow,” answered Skralla with a sigh, worried, “But there’s no time. We have to gather all of the Matoran and anyone from the Great Spirit Robot to return.”

Skralla turned to the others and said, “Gather as much Matoran, Vortixx, and anyone who belongs to that robot and meet up with Angonce and Heremus. I have sent a message to them and they said that they’ll be waiting by the Bota Waterfalls.”

She then turned to Erax and said, “I’m sure you’ve met many people besides me that have that ability to see the future in dreams. I saw a terrible disaster striking the Kingdom of Clow. But your destiny lies here in this kingdom, Erax. You must be prepared for what will come.”

Before he could ask, Skralla returned to the palace and went to the observation deck and peaked through the telescope. She saw the Red Star still intact, waiting for its use.

It's almost time for him to leave soon, she thought, Mata Nui....

Mata Nui, Sakari and Syarix appeared on a small, desolated island that was filled with sharp rocks. There were only a few patches of grass that was safe for them to walk on.

He led them to a certain spot on the island and looked at the sky, the star, Solis Magna was setting down for the night; time was running out.

“I will be brief on what’s about to happen,” said Mata Nui, “But only once. Afterwards, you must be prepared to return. I do not know if we will succeed in the end, that’s why I depend on both of you to work together with your other selves once more; understood?”

Once he explained his instructions to them and his plans, Mata Nui raised his hands to the air, calling upon the Mask of Life and his temporally power of his wings, sending the two through time and space.

I pray for your safety, thought Mata Nui as they disappeared. Using his power of the wings, he returned to the palace and met up with Skralla and Erax.

“They have…?” she asked.

“Yes, they’re heading for Clow,” answered Mata Nui. Then he lowered his voice, “Are you sure that this is a good idea? I’m worried that I’ll make the same mistake.”

“You won’t,” replied Skralla, kissing him on the cheek, “Not when I’m here.”

“I fear that this might be the end if they don’t…” he began.

“Let’s not worry about that,” she answered, “Our daughter was successful before. She will succeed again. It’s just like what Nadeshiko said, place our trust to those children.”

“Yes, you’re right,” he agreed, “Now then, let’s get going. There’s not much time left.”

Then, the two most powerful beings turned and went down the steps, heading to the village with Erax. The time has come…the end is near…the final choice is about to be made…

~~~

The journey of both worlds is coming to a close in a finale story that will bring about the darkest secrets. Some of them will make you think differently about a few characters after you discover the truth about a few of them…a mysterious power is yet to be told.

Be prepared…for the last journey of these two unlikely stories. Unfortunately, they will not be released on here, the last novel will be written on deviantart.

Review

Edited by Toa Syaoran