Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Adventure Offroad Vehicle

5592791683_a8b19bc9f5.jpg

more in the gallery

The Adventure Off-road Vehicle is everything any hardened explorer needs when crossing every kind of terrain one meets while seeking lost tombs and missing treasures. Plenty of storage space, four wheeled drive on chunky tires (plus spare!). A rack for the all important motorcycle and a no nonsense engine to power it. A tow bar provides extra options for trailers and trucks.

Remember. Adventure is out there! And the AOV is just what you need to get to it!

5592791497_e8e7e3a82c.jpg

Doctor Aubery Stanton travels the globe searching for evidence of his theories. This past four years he has been carefully searching through the deserts of the African continent for the invaluable waystations and oasis his theorised travellers would have used. Joined by Ms Dakota Davies (pseudonym) and various research assistants, the sands hold a mystery they seek to uncover.

(More from these pair later).

Jeez, that's a friggin' big truck! :oh:

It's very nice, and seems to have everything an aspiring adventurer would need. The horn hood ornament is nice touch, as is the spare tire. I wouldn't be surprised if a propeller popped out of the top. :tongue:

AWESOME 'Peppermint_M', big wheels....keep them turning ! :grin:

Like WOW, there is a lot on this vehicle....even a motorcycle and ......a musket ? :blush:

Oh, well....the doctor likes somethings really old school eh ? :grin:

Great work and keep on exploring 'Peppermint_M' ! :grin:

That's one mean-looking off-roader Pep, I love the use of those huge balloon tires. The various large details is a perfect fit for this massive truck, it even has a motorbike holder. Great work! :thumbup:

I love the wheels, your MOC's are always just right, if you know what I mean. They always make sense and when I see the title, then the image, I'm like, oh ya, that looks like she said.

Very cool.

Thanks guys. These Adventure themes have always been close to my heart, this truck is what I always imagined that adventurers needed. The spare was a last minute thought, originaly the motorcycle was latched on the back. When I build these models I mentaly write a short story and that helps me name them.

Glad you all llike it, I have a few more vehicles for those brave explorers still to build.

that is 1 big car! I am planning to make something like this too.

i like the spaciousness of it and the 2 "kettle spouts" in front!

It does look like it came out of a Mad Max movie!!! And I love it :] Chunkiness on!

Nice truck design. The musket looks a bit odd though. Eh, some people just prefer older things anyway. Holding the motercycle is kinda cool. And the front horns look nice.

Nice work and car sales line. :classic: Chunky wheels would be good for northern boggy areas of Canada.

Awesome 4x4 'Peppermint_M' :thumbup: It reminds me of a "bobbed" M35 deuce. Could you tell me what set the wheels are from. I'd like to get a a set of these for a future MOC. Keep up the great work :classic:

I do believe I got those wheels on a city set, the Dump Truck. I just switched the wheels to grey. It is a 2009 set, but as city turns up in a lot of places it is still possible to find.

Huge! Lovely work. I certainly wouldn't want to get in the way of that monster! :laugh: For the adventurer that has everything... Speaking of which, i kinda feel the lack of a bull bar and spotlights, although maybe it would wreck the feel of the car..?

Edited by gabe

All attempts at a bull bar looked terrible. I tried a few different parts in different ways but it just didn't mesh, thus the numberplate and front lights, that bracket was for bull bars. So I put bull horns on instead :grin:

snip I kinda feel the lack of a bull bar and spotlights snip

Seconded, nothing better for saving the radiator from those pesky roos or ostriches default_thumbup.gif

and I don't think it'll hurt the moc either, I think something similar to the one I did in "Curse of the Mummy" on Matilda would suit it quite well.

I've had my style compaired to yours before and I'm starting to see why.default_thumbup.gif

All attempts at a bull bar looked terrible. I tried a few different parts in different ways but it just didn't mesh, thus the numberplate and front lights, that bracket was for bull bars. So I put bull horns on instead :grin:

Yes, i thought that might have been it. So many times when building i've gone "this will be a great idea!" and when i try to put it together it looks rubbish. :cry_sad: Plus i'm not much chop at vehicles so i'm not much help there either!

I think something similar to the one I did in "Curse of the Mummy" on Matilda would suit it quite well.

Yeah, i was thinking of yr moc when i made the original comment! :grin:

I'll give it a go, I have a few more to build (found a cache of parts I had been saving for Adventure mobiles) so something with bull bars will appear soon. :classic:

I'll give it a go, I have a few more to build (found a cache of parts I had been saving for Adventure mobiles) so something with bull bars will appear soon. :classic:

I seem to remember a Jack Stone series model with something of a bull bar style on the front.

Great looking model, though experience should have told them to take two spare wheels :wink:

What an amazing vehicle! - just what every explorer/adventurer should have :thumbup:

My first thought when I saw it was, 'Where can I buy one?' and I wasn't talking about Lego either :wink:

Edited by White Nun

Cool! I look forward to seeing yr solution. :thumbup:

Might I just add that this is a complete MOC, and it will partner the next MOC. I shall be building a few for a convoy. I hope they will attain the same pleasedness this one did.