Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

D2C Contest: Curse of the Mummy

Johnny Thunder and friends returns in this exclusive Pharaohs Quest set, To help solve the mystery of the Mummy's curse.

Adventures the world over have flocked to this dead end supply store deep in the Egyptian desert, for clues on cracking the case.

But beware of the curse or you might find your self doing a zombie walk!

this set features a stackable modular building with removable façade and furnished interior.

includes 2 desert vehicles: Johnny's "Matilda" the black rum runner,and Larry the lad's red cruiser.Both cars will seat two Minifigs (arms on!) and have engines under the bonnet.

5528096708_12cc1e1590_z.jpg

Curse of the Mummy by Taz-Maniac, on Flickr

5569771380_c1e89e2868_z.jpg

5569779414_a765b5bbab_z.jpg

5569188919_2f9a83ffc1_z.jpg

5569185937_427299b70f_z.jpg

5530158725_6e5e382621_z.jpg

Edited by TazManiac

Great job, TazManiac!

I love the building with touches of the MMV, but it fits into the theme and all the little details you've added are terrific. The landscape, especially the rock work, Is nicely done as well.

Awesome job TazManiac! I love the details on the building, and as BD said, the landscaping and rocks are top notch! The only thing bothering me is that Lego would never do SNOT work like that in a set! :grin:

Awesome job TazManiac! I love the details on the building, and as BD said, the landscaping and rocks are top notch! The only thing bothering me is that Lego would never do SNOT work like that in a set! default_laugh2.gif

Yeah true but isn't it about time they did? default_blink.gif

Edited by TazManiac

Nor would they make a brick built base like you have. The MOC is awesome though, job well done.

Very impressive entry TazManiac! Gotta love the elements packed in this build, from the modular building, to the two vehicles, and even the base and the surrounding rock formations are all well-executed. I'd agree that the said features are something that TLG don't normally do in regular sets, but I hope these types of entries would serve as 'inspiration' to them. Excellent job and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

This is an incredible job. I admire your creativity and your ability, using the bricks.

There is much to learn, good luck in the contest.

Cheers for the feedback guys. :cry_happy:

These are my first MOC cars and I'm very proud of them, "Matilda" in particular.

I'll be sure to get a heap of pics on Flickr of it all once I've got a better camera.

But with only 6 pics for the comp it'll be hard to show it all off. :laugh:

Very impressive entry!

I'm also looking forward to see more pictures and all the details of this MOC.

I´ll just agree with everybody else - great build, cool design and great use of colors :sweet: .

This is looking really nice. :thumbup: I can't wait to see interiors of the house and detailed shots of the vehicles. I agree that LEGO prob wouldn't ever do such elaborate bases, but i certainly wouldn't throw up my hands in horror if they did! :laugh:

Nice D2C set! It is cool how you intergrated MMV into it and the cars look cool. Any chance of close-ups of the cars and figs? The rock looks really nice, can't wait for more!

some more pics here but still need a good camera so no more in the tread yet....

On the MMV I may have used alot of its elements but the design is mine. :look:

Edited by TazManiac

Whoa, really amazing! The details are superb, very good work! :thumbup:

This is an excellent MOC with a lot of great techniques!

The colors are outstanding and the vehicles are very detailed.

but as other people have said before me, it doesn't really look like something TLG would make, and that's kinda the point of the contest...

Maybe you should remove the brick built base and the rock wall.

Nonetheless, probably the best Pharaoh's Quest MOC I've seen.

but as other people have said before me, it doesn't really look like something TLG would make, and that's kinda the point of the contest...

Maybe you should remove the brick built base and the rock wall.

The rules don't mention this, I don't know why people are talking about it. That may be the intention, but its not in the rules. I love this creation and I'm glad he made it look polished.