5m6EaLf.jpg

Hey everyone -

I've got some more details regarding the upcoming 10254 Winter Holiday Train.

It is $79.99 $99.99 with 734 pieces. It comes with 5 minifigures, which are the conductor, a mother, a son and daughter, and a fireman

I am not a train guy so pardon me if I don't name things right, but I think it's a steam locomotive? It looks like the Toy Story train.

The first section, or the locomotive?, is green, black, red, and white, with red wheels.

The second section is the coal cart. Something interesting is the small leaves piece in white with lights on it.

After that are two train cars each with toys, one has a Christmas tree on top. Some of the toys are a train, a boat, a robot, a firetruck, and other wrapped gifts.

The caboose is red with a dark blue roof. More of the white leaves on the sides.

There's 16 bits of curved track included. Also included is a bench on a small platform next to a lamp.

That's all for now! Stay tuned for the official pics later this month probably. :sweet:

Edited by CM4Sci

I'm a year behind on these things, and this set is going to make me catch up, and then some.

I can't wait!!

Does it come motorized? Although it looks like it not hard to add a PF train motor and battery box.

Very well done...this looks great to me! I almost regret having sold all my WV sets......this looks cosey and very detailed and has high playability!!

Awesome!! A friend of mine is a qualified fireman for steam engines, so I'm going to hunt down a minifig wearing the right clothing to replicate him.

Will have to buy some straight track so it can fit around the Village properly, and look into PF for it.

Oh it looks good!

I was expecting Santa, elfs, etc... but it looks good anyway

It's good the see the WV theme is back in line after the 2015 fiasco

(My god... Christmas stuff already?! Where did this year go?)

The engine is a bit smaller than I had hoped and it has no passenger car!!! Otherwise I really like the look of it and of course will be getting one. I really want a passenger car though - can anyone confirm from this image whether a (bricklinked) passenger car from the first holiday train would be the right size for this train?

Meh. It doesn't look like a real train, the locomotive is too small and too colorful, no passenger wagon is a disappointment. Toys are nice, though.

That's more like it Lego. Hopefully it's easy to mod for Power functions. Will be back to buying the WV again this year, though i still can't shake the feeling that they are short on ideas - this is still a revisit of the original holiday train. There are still so many other buildings ripe for WV design.

Edited by stebai

Sammael is right, it's the second year, that they obviously don't want my money.

If it looked more like a train like in 79111 Lone Ranger I might have bought it, but since I already have 10173 Holiday Train, there is just nothing special in it. A facelifted downsize of 10173.

79111 boxes are on Amazon for sale for 111 used & new from $130.00 so maybe its better to mod one of those.

Maybe next year... maybe next year.

Looks great! For some reason (haven't been paying attention I guess) I was expecting a much bigger set though, so that is a bit disappointing.

Why is there a technic wheel in the cart? Does it make the christmas tree spin? hm.

Maybe there's a Santa that goes up and down ;)

can anyone confirm from this image whether a (bricklinked) passenger car from the first holiday train would be the right size for this train?

I think it's a bit higher than the last cart, it should fit, since it is already higher than the last cart in the original set.

Edited by finish-last

Well, that's disappointing. The engine is far too small. It doesn't look like a real train at all. Nice design though otherwise.

It's not love at first sight for me I'm afraid... And if that's going to be €100 for 734 parts without a motor I think I'll pass.

Looks like the flat car has a model train going around a xmas tree that'll be driven by the wheels. The way the front of the engine is built looks like you can swap in a motor but I'm not sure where the battery box would go.

I suppose that it will be a nice addition for the avid WV collectors but I was hoping for a (psydo) realistic EN/Maersk type submission. Pass.

This is a very nice train. For the ones like me who can't buy the old 10173, it's very good. Probably i will buy one for collection, but i like more the mine one version on LEGO Ideas. You can take a look at it here https://ideas.lego.com/projects/132674

Now i'm sure, even if it were achieve 10000 supporters, LEGO will never produce it. I'd still like to know wich one You prefer. Thanks

Here You can found some pictures of the builded model

https://www.facebook.com/VedoSoloLEGO/

I really don't like the colors in this, especially in the locomotive. The random combination of black, bright red and bright green is just too striking contrast for my taste. The Constitution Train has similar design, but the colors make it look so much better than this. Maybe using some darker green/red/brown/grey would had made it look less childish, now it colorwise looks very old-fashioned Lego design and not in a good way.

Edited by temes

I knew it wasn't going to be anything like the Emerald Night, but as somebody *just* coming out of their dark ages, I was hoping for more usable steam engine parts at least :/.

I still plan to buy at least one as I don't want to miss out like I previously have.

Thank you very much for the picture and the further information, CM4Sci! :classic:

I'll finally judge this train after having seen more pics. How I see it am whether I'll buy it or not will even depend on whether it's PF compatible and the instruction for this is in the box included.

The only thing I can say already now is that I'm very disappointed about there being no big passenger car and even about the big lack of details. :sceptic:

I'm still excited about whether there in fact will be a second building alternative included like previously stated and if so how it'll look like.

Klaus-Dieter