hhcBrick

MOC redesign of 6274 Caribbean Clipper

It may just be my browser but that link doesn't work.

can you post a few pics in this thread?

Nice MOC! I especially like the cabin design. Did you also do an interior design for the cabin?

That is a great ship! I love all the dark blue as well as the second mast, it now looks like it can fight the BSB or the SES! The only thing I see is to perhaps make another color on the cabin, it is looking a little too blue, but other than that it looks great!

I like your new CC - but I feel that it is a bit too blue in the cabin section, and maybe even the blue railing is a little too blue. But the actual design is really great. I've always loved the CC and I still have mine perfect condition from when I was i kid. It was one of my largest sets, and I re-built it countless times. I, like you, always thought that the cabin was a bit lacking.

EDIT:

Oh, btw: you should add the last small sail just above the cabin and steering wheel, just like on the Skull's Eye Schooner. That would definitely spice it up considerably.

Edited by Lorentzen

Wow, nice mod! Now it can really fight against the pirates! :pir_laugh2:

Somewhat reminds me of the Interceptor from Pirates of the Carribean :jollyroger:

It may just be my browser but that link doesn't work.

can you post a few pics in this thread?

I wanted to post some images in the thread but it says I am using 95K of 100K. I thought that there was 100K available for each topic that I post but it seems that the 95K I am using in a town post has carried over to this post. Is that how the system should work?

thanks

Alec

That is a great ship! I love all the dark blue as well as the second mast, it now looks like it can fight the BSB or the SES! The only thing I see is to perhaps make another color on the cabin, it is looking a little too blue, but other than that it looks great!

Well, I really like the blue cabin colour. As the original model had a blue cabin I wanted to keep the colour scheme the same, with yellow for the 'gold' trim. It wouldn't be the ship I wanted to get all those years back without the blue :pir-cry_happy: I introduced the dark blue as it blended in nicely but other than that it's a 'classic' Lego colour scheme.

Cheers, Alec

Well, I really like the blue cabin colour. As the original model had a blue cabin I wanted to keep the colour scheme the same, with yellow for the 'gold' trim. It wouldn't be the ship I wanted to get all those years back without the blue :pir-cry_happy: I introduced the dark blue as it blended in nicely but other than that it's a 'classic' Lego colour scheme.

Cheers, Alec

Cheers, Alec

Cheers, Alec

Cheers, Alec

Cheers, Alec

Great work! :thumbup:

What I like the most is the overall design and shape. The cabin is nicely built and having two masts is great. :thumbup: Adding details in the middle part is also a nice move. It certainly looks more complete that way with all these features.

Keep it up!

I like your new CC - but I feel that it is a bit too blue in the cabin section, and maybe even the blue railing is a little too blue.

Hmmm, someone already typed what I wanted to say :pir-laugh:

Also, it goes with the blue and white sails and the general colour scheme of the blue and white soldiers. I don't think a brown cabin would look so nice, and I think a dark blue cabin would be too dark. Also, getting the right parts in those colours would be difficult. I can't think of any other colour that would work for the cabin. I'd like to do an all white ship at some point with white hull pieces.

As for adding another sail, I think it wouldn't work with the proportions of this ship. I did some experiments when I was building with a third mast but it made everything look too cramped. I think it works with a large ship like the Skull's Eye Schooner but this design is only slightly larger than the original Clipper-- scalewise the Black Seas Barracuda is still longer.

Cheers, Alec

Thanks very much for all your comments, Alec.

I gotta say, that looks just like my modded Brickbeard's Bounty, but in blue :pir_wacko: . It's a great combination, the colors work great together and the ship looks a bit more finished than the original Clipper. Awesome job!

As already said by many..... lovely design!, looks like a very good combo of the BBB and CC .... i think it needs more cannons if its to take on an SES though :pir-tongue: , perhaps add another mid section - this may make it simlar to a BSB but a bit more simplified.

I have done a similar MOC for my blue coats largely copying the design of an SES in blue and white.... the only problem is....... its only in blue and white :pir_laugh2: there is a little bit of black in there but i was running out of pieces so badly, im surprised i could finish it at all.

mine is much like yours though... needs another colour (and not just at the back, even the beams off the mast are blue and white on mine!!). however your yellow trim does look supperb! i would use it more on the sides as other have suggested. if i get more bits i will probably do something similar with my SES mod - again nice work :pir-classic:

Edited by Aquila D'oro

Thanks for posting that image, I really like the color, very bright, the only bad thing is the enemy will see you coming.

As for your image issue earlier, I think that 100k per thread is if you load an image to teh EB server.

If you just put image tags around your own pictures hosted from the hairyhighlandcow site like you did, then you can post as many pictures as you want.

Great MOC. This was the first Lego ship I ever got (got it as a kid). I love the ship but agree that she is too cramped and needed a second mast and sails. I revamped her into a two deck ship with carronades and long guns. I didn't have any extra middle hull sections so I left her the length she was. She is a bit squat, but plenty powerful.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=243035

Back to your MOC, I love the blue railing and detailing. Makes her look dignified and powerful. I like the way she set up. Really a nice MOC.

Great work, I like the color scheme.

I wonder how she would look if you replaced the yellow window frames with white frames and the white window with the new Pearl Gold window piece? It might look better or might not look as good, Just curious.