Hi guys, I'm technically new but I've been reading content from this site for several years.

Recently we learned that there will be no Castle sets in 2015. Knowing this, I went to my local Lego store and tracked down the store manager. I asked him if he knew if there were any Castle related products coming out that he knew of, and, to my surprise, he did. He said that Lego had sent him a memo recently that said they were working on a new Castle line due out late 2015- Mid 2016 at the latest.

When I asked him what kind of Castle theme it would be, he said "It's a lot like the Castle theme from a few years ago, the one with the Dwarves and Trolls." I believe that this is referring to the 2007-2009 Castle line. He also said that the current Castle line will receive no further products and should be off the shelves soon.

I am not sure if this is true, but it sounded like it was and the man seemed to know what was going on at Lego.

If this is true....... :excited: :excited:

Please discuss.

Nexo Knights Fans

BrickJagger

CM4Sci

NotMegalodon

Puffle Pal26

Rayskull

Aanchir

amazingbricks

DraikNova

legoromania

70310 Knighton Battle Blaster

Pieces - 76

Minifigures - Ash Attacker, Knighton Knight

Price - $9.99

23031144270_2473cf93e5_c.jpg

70311 Chaos Catapult

Pieces - 93

Minifigures - Crust Smasher, Knighton Knight

Price - $9.99

23300854286_fef79802ef_c.jpg

70312 Lance's Mecha Horse

Pieces - 237

Minifigures - Lance, Lance Bot, Flame Thrower

22699882423_47f9ed79a2_b.jpg

70313 Moltor's Lava Smasher

Pieces - 187

Minifigures - Moltor, Aaron

22699907463_88908a82f6_b.jpg

70314 Beast Master's Chaos Chariot

Pieces - 314

Minifigures - Macy, Beast Master

23300920596_2717a6e0d8_b.jpg

70315 Clay's Rumble Blade

Pieces - 367

Minifigures - Ash Attacker, Scurrier, Clay, Clay Bot x2

22698690304_53b795ca22_b.jpg

70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile

Pieces - 658

Minifigures - Jestro, Book of Monsters, Sparkks, Lance, Scurrier

22959136099_ee3f1e44ea_b.jpg

70317 The Fortrex

Pieces - 1140

Minifigures - Ash Attacker, Scurrier x2, Merlok 2.0, Axl, Aaron, Clay, Chef Éclair

22699965753_2820806b52_b.jpg

70324 Merlok's Library 2.0

Pieces - 288

Minifigures - Crust Smasher, Lance, Ava

23218786502_2870073d5b_b.jpg

70325 Infernox captures the Queen

Pieces - 253

Minifigures - Queen Halbert, Aaron

23301000736_00deab04c0_b.jpg

70327 The King's Mech

Pieces - 375

Minifigures - Flame Thrower, King Halbert, King's Bot

22698768064_05078e88e9_b.jpg

70330 Ultimate Clay

Pieces - 72

Minifigures - Clay (Ultimate)

23300668936_03abe40157_c.jpg

70331 Ultimate Macy

Pieces - 101

Minifigures - Macy (Ultimate)

22958875199_da5f01c974_c.jpg

70332 Ultimate Aaron

Pieces - 82

Minifigures - Aaron (Ultimate)

23300709426_2ba1dce841_c.jpg

70333 Ultimate Robin

Pieces - 75

Minifigures - Robin (Ultimate)

23031043580_f830e4f0e1_c.jpg

70334 Ultimate Beast Master

Pieces - 65

Minifigures - Beast Master (Ultimate)

22958930229_da0628240c_c.jpg

70335 Ultimate Lavaria

Pieces - 69

Minifigures - Lavaria (Ultimate)

23030965980_cdfdc47da8_c.jpg

Edit by Hinckley:

Pics!

1465168802416069517.jpg

1465168802678748045.jpg

1465168802573429901.jpg

Summer Wave

70318: The Glob Lobber

med_gallery_4757_303_26017.jpg

70319: Macy's Thunder Mace

med_gallery_4757_303_12735.jpg

70320: Aaron Fox's Aero-Striker V2

med_gallery_4757_303_10533.jpg

70322: Axl's Tower Carrier

med_gallery_4757_303_40935.jpg

70323: Jestro's Volcano Lair

med_gallery_4757_303_22680.jpg

70336: Ultimate Axl

gallery_4757_303_109863.png

70337: Ultimate Lance

gallery_4757_303_44118.png

70338: Ultimate General Magmar

gallery_4757_303_176723.png

70339: Ultimate Flama

gallery_4757_303_4438.png

Edited by BrickJagger
Updated with pictures!

It might be true...

I know that 1h 2016 sets are already being discussed with mayor retailers, so it is possible that LBR employees (or at least manager, who do the ordering) got some info.

It would certainly be nice to have castle back.

SWEET BABY JESUS! *oh2*

Are they bringing Fantasy Era back????????

LEGO, this is why I love you :wub:

Edited by Robert8

SWEET BABY JESUS! *oh2*

Are they bringing back Fantasy Era????????

I know! :laugh: I was losing hope until heard this. I am looking forward to new faction possibilities: Goblins, Elves, Forestmen..... :classic:

This is really great news and I'm still hoping for an UCS Castle. I really like to see what a LEGO designer can do with 4000 pieces or so.

Edited by Sinthoras

Maybe Lego are going to rotate castle and pirates every two years or something......who knows Roman and wild west might appear down the track as well ?

Though looking at the new pirate sets as compared to the 2009 ones - they don't look as detailed in construction so hopefully castle still has a lot of building.....no juniorisation ! :wink:

Fantastic news if true. And thank heavens that we'll be rid of the current theme soon as well. Two good news at once.

It would be amazing to have a new Castle/Fantasy theme. The recent Castle theme was a little, well, "undertone" and with LOTR sets no longer produced I truly hope to see a new Fantasy theme :classic:

I know! :laugh: I was losing hope until heard this. I am looking forward to new faction possibilities: Goblins, Elves, Forestmen..... :classic:

Oh yeah!

I hope they incorporate all of the new molds from the CMF line into the sets. They also had better reintroduce this piece in this exact color.

Man, I hope you're right. There's been a new Castle theme every 3 years, so it makes perfect sense.

Fantasy Era is coming back?

YES! YES! YES!

Oh gosh, this is so exciting! I've still got all my orcs and dwarfs from back then, and I would LOVE to expand their ranks and add a bit of variety. Oh wow, I'm thrilled, I cannot wait!

Hoping for some mythical monster fights like the Vikings line. A Cerebus-type creature, maybe a Kraken, a Leshy, etc. The possibilities are endless! Maybe we can finally get a three-headed dragon mold, or some other monsters.

Best news I've heard all day!

Fantasy Era is coming back?

YES! YES! YES!

Oh gosh, this is so exciting! I've still got all my orcs and dwarfs from back then, and I would LOVE to expand their ranks and add a bit of variety. Oh wow, I'm thrilled, I cannot wait!

Hoping for some mythical monster fights like the Vikings line. A Cerebus-type creature, maybe a Kraken, a Leshy, etc. The possibilities are endless! Maybe we can finally get a three-headed dragon mold, or some other monsters.

Best news I've heard all day!

I would really like to get Elves in wave 1. I've been waiting for Elves for years, and my one poor CMF elf looks lonely among my ocean of various lion themed knights :grin:

I think trolls will be replace by goblins. And we'll get elves instead of dwarves

I would LOVE to see a return to the fantasy era castle, so I hope this is true. The fantasy ear castle was during my dark ages, so I missed out on them. But I've browsed the sets online and they look wonderful; that perfect mix between detailed, handsome models, fun play features, and exciting minifigs.

It seems reasonable, as the Castle 2013 and Hobbit/LOtR lines are almost certainly finished. I'd be very surprised if we went all of 2015 and 2016 without seeing SOME kind of Castle/fantasy line.

Don't want to get too excited but if they do that would be awesome. Not only for the figs but also because the set designs were great as well as the parts selection in the theme. Guess well have to wait and see.

By the way if they do alternate pirates and castle that would be awesome!! :thumbup:

Sir Valiant~

Maybe they'll do those Elves theme hairpieces but with more neutral colors and yellow ears.

Maybe they'll do those Elves theme hairpieces but with more neutral colors and yellow ears.

Don't you have preliminaries of these already? :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

This is really great news and I'm still hoping for an UCS Castle. I really like to see what a LEGO designer can do with 4000 pieces or so.

Does anyone know how the Joust set did D2C? Honestly I think if we ever see a "UCS Castle" it will be Disney's.

Maybe Lego are going to rotate castle and pirates every two years or something......who knows Roman and wild west might appear down the track as well ?

Though looking at the new pirate sets as compared to the 2009 ones - they don't look as detailed in construction so hopefully castle still has a lot of building.....no juniorisation ! :wink:

Castle, Space and Pirates are considered Evergreen just in semi regular rotation, so yeah that makes sense. Although I would expect something closer to 3 year rotation. Wild West is a past theme but not one that they consider an absolute recurring Evergreen one. We will probably see it again at some point. But I would not expect a steady or predictable rotation.

SWEET BABY JESUS! *oh2*

Are they bringing Fantasy Era back????????

It would make sense. Figure there was a bit of if not a non compete a discouragement from doing Fantasy Era type sub themes while the Middle Earth stuff was still ongoing and in effect.

Castle, Space and Pirates are considered Evergreen just in semi regular rotation, so yeah that makes sense. Although I would expect something closer to 3 year rotation. Wild West is a past theme but not one that they consider an absolute recurring Evergreen one. We will probably see it again at some point. But I would not expect a steady or predictable rotation.

As I said on another thread, Pirates is a classic, but hardly can be considered as evergreen.

The only truly evergreen theme would be City, IMO

Space and Castle are on the middle.

As I said on another thread, Pirates is a classic, but hardly can be considered as evergreen.

The only truly evergreen theme would be City, IMO

Space and Castle are on the middle.

Castle seems pretty evergreen to me. Since 1983, the only years that we have not had a single Castle set were 2003 and this year. Space is less so, as there was a stretch from 2001-2007 that there weren't any because of Star Wars. I think this new theme could have a long run because there is nothing in the near future to compete with it.

Although "evergreen" means more along the lines of always present, when TLG used the term they kinda meant that they'll continue to go back to it regularly, unlike 1-off themes that never return, or have many years between iterations (like agents, dinosaurs etc) and are basically just rehashes of what was released for a younger "generation".

So the only true evergreen themes at the moment are City & Star Wars, and perhaps Friends.

Not at all surprised by this news. With LotR/Hobbit done and with no Castle theme this year, it should be only a matter of time before we see a new Castle theme of some sort. And if it's a return to fantasy, all the better. The 2007-2009 line was what got me into collecting Castle sets in the first place and now that's the majority of what I collect. Hopefully we'll see some nice new factions in this line.