Bonaparte

General Tutorial Discussion

This thread is for discussing Tutorials we don't yet have

Would you like to create a Tutorial?

Would you like someone to create a tutorial for you?

Tell us in this thread!

A list of our current Tutorials can be found in this thread

This is great for the forum! The tuturial looks great as well! *y* . Hmm, I didn't know there was a batch resizing part in Photoshop, now I know, thanks! I think you should pin this thread so that new comer members may see. Or is that why you have this on a poll?

First I intend to get feedback from the Pirate lads and if the tutorial proves useful I'll share it with the rest of Eurobricks.

Now all we've got to do is wait until someone uploads big images to a Brickshelf folder and then I'll give them this tutorial and see if its any help to them.

Well, whatever works for you Broadside. If you're happy with using PhotoSuite II to resize each image individually then no need for IrfanView.

However, if someone doesn't have a program they can use then this tutorial could be very useful to them.

Surely some aspects of this tutorial needs improving! If not, I'll begin writing the next tutorial...

What next tutorial will you write Mr. Phes?

It'll be tips on how to get the most out of your threads. So it'll provide information on the best way to start and maintain a thread so it attracts the most responses possible.

UPDATE

It was bothering me how the Creating Thumbnail Links Tutorial was buried 12 or so posts into this thread. So I split and moved those posts into their own threads then changed this thread into a discussion for Tutorials we don't yet have. And rewrote Bonaparte's first post X-D

So if somebody wants to create a Tutorial then they post their ideas here.

If somebody wants a Tutorial created for them, then they request it here.

The Creating Thumbnail Links Tutorial has been moved here

I would recommend a tutorial on how to cut out photos and esit them onto backgrounds; however, as I do not use Photoshop (which I think most people do), I can't do it :pir_bawling: But I could do Jasc... :pir-devil:

Edited by SlyOwl

You could do Jasc? What's that mean?

As in Jasc Paintshop Pro - my image editing program :pir-wink:

I would like a Tutorial on how to place Decals on the figures, It would benifit, being just under the Great Torso Library.

Nevermind

Edited by Joey Lock

I have looked arround and have seen some amazing stain glass made out of Lego. Could someone post a tutorial on how to make it, I can't figure it out. :pir_bawling:

I have looked arround and have seen some amazing stain glass made out of Lego. Could someone post a tutorial on how to make it, I can't figure it out. :pir_bawling:

Why not message the creators? Generally though, it's done using this or this fence piece placed on their side, with 1x1 round plates in various translucent colours stuck in the rectangular spaces to create a pattern :wink:.

As in Jasc Paintshop Pro - my image editing program :pir-wink:

I could do it, although I'm highly inexperienced. But hey, you gotta start somewhere....

I would like a New tutorial on how to make sails. On how to make these sails:

hms-prince-of-wales-03.jpg

bb.jpg

Because Evil Willy and Paul Cantu's tutorials are mostly for Original Pirate sets and small pirate sloops. But I am building a the HMS Unicorn and will need quite big sails.

Why not message the creators? Generally though, it's done using this or this fence piece placed on their side, with 1x1 round plates in various translucent colours stuck in the rectangular spaces to create a pattern :wink: .

Thanks I will give that a try :pir-cry_happy: . I tried to contact some of the makers but I don't think they got my message or something since I never got a responce. :pir-hmpf_bad: