Maxim I

Eastern Archery Tournament in Mpya Stedor

Considering it's now exactly 50 days before Easter, I decided to already start the preparations of the Tournament.

Mpya Stedor Annual Archery Tournament!

(Mpya Stedor Topic: My link)

============================================================================================================================================================

Intro:

Lord Damaximus' letter to his brother Mattiximus, King of the Guild of Ximus far far away, was succesfull. As Ximus is finally in peace with the rest of the continent, Mattiximus decided to sent some of his Elite Armies to Mpya Stedor to defend the city and Kaliphlin in the upcomming dark times.

So he sent his messengers to all corners of his Empire to persuade the soldiers (as he thought it was much better for the morale if the men choose to fight instead to be forced to fight). The response was great, even far more better than expected. But ofcourse, it would last some time before they will arrive at Mpya Stedor, so Mattiximus already sent the General of his own Royal Elite Archers who will lead the troups here in Historica.

Some weeks later, General Wisximus (family of Damaximus), arrived at Mpya Stedor to tell the great news to Damaximus.

As it is still no war, Damaximus thought about a good way to test his new troops: an arching competition against the best archers of Historica!

He took Easter as date and the desert as location (to make it a bit more difficult for the most archers because of the heat). His messengers were put on a horse and sent through all over Historica to advertise the tournament.

Hopefully the walls will be finished by then...

============================================================================================================================================================

So, this is how I have the tournament in my mind:

Every Historica-member can sent his best archer to Mpya Stedor to compete against all the other archers. so 1 archer can be sent by every Historica-member

There is NO max. number of participants as I will use an elimination system based on obtaining a certain amount of points.

Second note: As Mpya Stedor is hosting the tournament, the first 4 participants will defend the honour of Mpya Stedor :tongue: (but to be sure, everybody else may only sent one archer!).

The system:

I will use a program wich generates 2 random numbers between 01 and 100 for every archer in every round.

First result:

Depending on the place the arrow landed.

01 - 20: target missed => 0 points

21 - 40: circle 5 => 10 points

41 - 60: circle 4 => 25 points

61 - 75: circle 3 => 50 points

76 - 90: circle 2 => 75 points

91 - 100: bulls eye => 100 points

Second Result:

Amount of time before the arrow hit the target. The rule is that the bow stands next to the archer till the moment they hear the start signal.

01 - 10 seconds => 50 points

11 - 25 seconds => 40 points

26 - 40 seconds => 30 points

41 - 60 seconds => 20 points

61 - 80 seconds => 10 points

81 - 100 seconds => 0 points

The total amount of points is result 1 + result 2

The rounds:

In round 1: every archer with less than 50 will be eliminated.

In round 2: every archer with less than 70 will be eliminated

In round 3: every archer with less than 90 will be eliminated

In round 4: every archer with less than 110 will be eliminated

In round 5+: same as round 4 till there is one champion!

!!!! As everybody can have a bad moment, archers who doesn't obtain the points necessary have 2 more changes !!!!

Allowed:

- Weapons: Only Bows are allowed! (NO pistols, guns, muskets, lasershooters, arrow-trackers, rabbits, javelins, axes, Grumpy Sparrows, ... )

- No catapults or siege weapons allowed!

- Crossbows will have automatically 5 seconds penalty (as it is more difficult to load it).

- Only beings are allowed! So no automatic droids, clones, robots, ... .

- No magic allowed!

Prize:

- Shopping at Bricklink for a total of 10 Euro! (and I pay sending costs too so the total will be around 15)

- 50 Gold Coins for the winner

- Title: "Champion Archer of Mpya Stedor" (or maybe even Historica?)

What to do now?

1 ) Take a picture of your champion archer. Post it in this topic! (a background story is also always a nice thing to post! :laugh: )

But now you can start searching for your champion archer and the podium!

Also, feedback on the idea is welcome as well. If you got some remarks or questions, feel free to send a personal message to me!

I can't promise I will adapt your remarks, but we'll see! We got time :laugh:

Edited by DaMaximus

The Archers:

1) Sir Guntham, Knight of Mpya Stedor (Damaximus) => Kaliphlin

sirguntham.jpg

2) Olaf Stedor, Champion of the Red Elite Archers of Mpya Stedor (Damaximus) => Kaliphlin

championredelites.jpg

3) Bastian Efandor, Champion of the Blue Elite Archers of Mpya Stedor (Damaximus) => Kaliphlin

championblueelites.jpg

4) Lord Wisximus, General of the Royal Elite Archers of Ximus (Damaximus) => Ximus

generalwisximus.jpg

5) Captain William Throw from Konugard (Jakon) => Mitgardia

captainwilliamthrow.jpg

6) Freydir Broadchest from Erisegg (Thor Lund) => Mitgardia

freydirbroadchest.jpg

7) Hoka Netra from Samrd'dha (CptMugwash) => Kaliphlin

hokanetra.jpg

8) William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik) => Avalonia

williamharkenshire.jpg

9) Torak, Champion of the Werewolves Claw Breaker Area (Hersbrucker) => Nocturnus

torak.jpg

10) Waisur Iarel, finest shot of Peregrinus (gabe) => Kaliphlin

waisuriarel.jpg

11) Thor Olafson, Champion of the Northern Wastes (LEGOman273) => Mitgardia

thorolafson.jpg

12) Naraoug, Hobbit from Glevum (Legonardo Davidy) => Avalonia

naraoug.jpg

13) Nitnelav, Hobbit from Buckland (Skalldyr) => Avalonia

nitnelav.jpg

14) Sir Hogs-Eye, Ogre from Scarborough (Jareth) => Nocturnus

sirhogseye.jpg

15) Kucuk Kartal, friend of Mikel Kalores (Mikel Kalores) => Kaliphlin

kucukkartal.jpg

16) Drinian, defending the honour of Sir Glorfindel (soccerkid6) => Mitgardia

drinian.jpg

17) Ibrahim, Elepahnt Archer of the PGTC (robuko) => Kaliphlin

ibrahim.jpg

18) Ariana Thunderbow, halfbreed Drow (Angeli) => Nocturnus

arianathunderbow.jpg

19) Leo Aragon, Elf (TheBoyWonder) => Avalonia

leoaragon.jpg

20) Ylda, half-Orc Archer of the Countship of Kandarvale and the Tribe of Ezyla (battle_gorilla) => Nocturnus

ylda.jpg

21) Jitran, from Ondylion (Ecclesiastes) => Mitgardia

jitran.jpg

22) Kutanii Arfelan, from the Explorers of Albion (Niku) => Avalonia

kutaniiarfelan.jpg

23) Valter, part of the brothers Haar & Valter, ambassador of the Elite Archer Squad of Mitgardia (Blaze) => Mitgardia

vaalter.jpg

24) Vlan, brother of Ulan, sent by Arwald (Masked Builder) => Kaliphlin

vlan.jpg

25) Captain Michael, of the Wolftracks Company (darkdragon) => Mitgardia

captainmichael.jpg

26) Kathryn Flagg, Slave-sister of Lord Dextrus Flagg (SI-Mocs) => Kaliphlin

kathrynflagg.jpg

27) Countess Wyndifera Ed-Wardhi Marmota, wife of Tagik Regex Marmota (NiceMarmot) => Kaliphlin

countesswyndiferaedwardhimarmota.jpg

28) Sergeant F.Chu of the Qarkyr Elite Archers (Scubacarrot) => Kaliphlin

sergeantfchu.jpg

29) Sir Sagittarius from Moria (Rolli) => Avalonia

sirsagittarius.jpg

30) Lucius Fortunatus, representing the House of the Black Knights (Balthasar) => Nocturnus

luciusfortunatus.jpg

Good luck to you all!!

Some statistics:

Guild participants:

Avalonia : 6

Kaliphlin : 9 + 2

Mitgardia : 7

Nocturnus : 5

Ximus : 3 - 2

Edited by DaMaximus

Freydir Broadchest

From the tiny village of Erisegg in the cold lands of Mitgardia comes the renowned archeress; Freydir Broadchest.

She arrives with a northern longbow in her hand and two trells (slaves) to carry shade and a huge supply of ice to keep her cool in the desert heat!

ArcheryCompetition.png

Thor

6898013157_2002017789.jpg

Representing the city of Samrd'dha, the Maharaja Supara Adami sends his best archer, Hoka Netra. Don't let the eyepatch fool you, she is a sharp shot, she earns her living by training the soldiers and guards of Samrd'dha. Equipped with her elegant recurve bow she will enter the archery tournament in Mpya Stedor.

For the glory of Kaliphlin!

(Also a quick go at photo editing, not my best :sceptic: )

Background story made, also some editing to the rules and system

=> In every round (till round 5), the archers who fail to achieve the necessary points will have 2 more chances! (Everybody can have a bad day etc... !!

Also the pictures of my participants and William Harkenshire (cold rilling through the veins) are uploaded!!

Those who are looking will noteice the 2 Champions have no face and name. That's not because they are mutants, but just because I will to a pre-tournament a few days before the head-tournament where I will determine the Champion!

archereb_200212.jpg

The finest shot in all Peregrinus has declared he shall take part! As well as being a master bowman, Waisur Iarel is the inventor of the "Evergold" archery system, which uses a combination of pulleys, sights and vibration dampeners to acheive greater accuracy. However, the system is still in the prototype stage and has been prone to breakdown in the past. Waisur sees the tournament as the ideal opportunity to test his latest incarnation of the Evergold system against the best in Historica...

We from Glevum send the hobbit Naraoug

6927559085_43dd8e05b7.jpg

you others might aswell give up now... :laugh:

=Legonardo=

troll_archer1.jpg

Excuse me sir. My name is Quiver, Quiver the caddy and my master, the big fellow over there, sir Hogs-Eye, would like to join this tournament. Please take my advice and have him shoot last. He's fine archer but he tends to destroy targets completely which would be unsporting to any chaps after him on the roster.

No, allthough the bow is powerfull, the problem is that when he misses he takes it a little personal and smacks the targte around to try and teach it not to dodge.

He's a quite one, prefers to let the Star-metal cross bow do the talking for him.

@Jareth, after investigation, the bow is considered OK as it has no automatications, only sightseeing help :laugh:

Also we have taken notice of your advice, but he will probably start as number 14. Don't worry, we got plenty of targets :tongue:

@Everyone, it still is funny to see a Hobbit with a bow as big as he is :grin: But they are all welcome ofcourse!

Also I wonder when the first dragon-archer will appear... :tongue:

And the participants list is updated as well :)

Already 14 candidates! Everybody is welcome, so don't hesitate!

Nitnelav the Hobbit is from Buckland Avalonia. Not Mitgardia, even if Buckland lies close to the southern border of Mitgardia. :wink:

Nitnelav the Hobbit is from Buckland Avalonia. Not Mitgardia, even if Buckland lies close to the southern border of Mitgardia. :wink:

Already edited :laugh:

I'm sending Kucuk Kartal, an old friend of mine to compete in the tournament as all my personal archers use only crossbows.

KucukKartal.jpg

DaMaximus, why does the roster state that Thor is the champion of (???)?

(???) stands for a city, but I am not sure which city he represent :p

If you have no own place in Mitgardia, I will put Valholl as city then :)

(???) stands for a city, but I am not sure which city he represent :p

If you have no own place in Mitgardia, I will put Valholl as city then :)

"We don't really have a city. We mostly live on ships (at sea) and in camps (on land).

You could say 'Champion of the Northern Wastes', or something like that."

Oops! I was in a bit of a rush yesterday.....so many typos.....anyway, Hogs-Eye is from Scarbourough in Nocturne

This does indeed look interesting. Perhaps a prize of 50 Gold Darics would help the guild member who wins? :classic:

Who knows, i may even send forth an archer from the Abyssian ranks to honour the Lord Ssilyyrilth.

C'mon to all adventures of Historica! One month to go!

I'll update the latest information tomorrow.

(I know bumping is forbidden, but someone bumped all the embassies and it would be a shame that this event would end in the forget-zone)

Greetings lord and honored Host DaMaximus!

archer1.jpg

My Master Hog's-Eye is practicing on the pitch as we speak. Oh Good, he's doing well.

I've Posted some pictures of him here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=498960 (this folder should be public saturday) Feel free to use them for the archery contest. I may upload some more pictures later. If I may humbly suggest, perhaps the other competitors could also donate some pictures for promoting the contest.